62 Year Old Male - Latest Blood Work - Comments Please

Buy Lab Tests Online

Systemlord

Losartan is good, it does not kill erections, and may have a lowering effect on hematocrit
Too bad for me because Losartan causes me to urinate so much I encounter extreme dehydration. It's like a diuretic on steroids, no pun intended. I lowered the dosage until the benefit was no longer detectable as far as blood pressure control and still urinating like there's no tomorrow.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jacb

Too bad for me because Losartan causes me to urinate so much I encounter extreme dehydration. It's like a diuretic on steroids, no pun intended. I lowered the dosage until the benefit was no longer detectable as far as blood pressure control and still urinating like there's no tomorrow.
Thanks Systemlord

Can I ask what quantity you took?

Systemlord

Thanks Systemlord

Can I ask what quantity you took?
Started at 50mg and worked my way down to 25mg. I tried cutting the 25mg dose in half at which point the benefit was nonexistent and continued to urinate like a fire hose.

I'm an over-responder to all medicines, caffeine and alcohol. My hematocrit runs 57% on Jatenzo, so any medicine that lowers hematocrit is welcome.

Last edited:

jacb

Thanks Systemlord for the heads up re the Urination issue.
I wonder what a suggested staring dose is for a 62 year old man is according to the manufacturers advice? Perhaps the starting blood pressure, weight etc will have an impact on that?

I will try and find a little more prescribing advice prior to seeing my GP.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks Systemlord for the heads up re the Urination issue.
I wonder what a suggested staring dose is for a 62 year old man is according to the manufacturers advice? Perhaps the starting blood pressure, weight etc will have an impact on that?

I will try and find a little more prescribing advice prior to seeing my GP.
My first TRT protocol at age 60 was 70 mg of testosterone cyp and 500 IU of HCG twice a week. I injected both on the same day, Sunday morning and Wednesday morning. My levels were perfect and I felt great. I did get the testosterone flu for 2 weeks and was crazy horny but I felt great overall.

The only thing I didn't like was donated blood every 8 weeks. That was the only reason that I tried daily injections.

jacb

My first TRT protocol at age 60 was 70 mg of testosterone cyp and 500 IU of HCG twice a week. I injected both on the same day, Sunday morning and Wednesday morning. My levels were perfect and I felt great. I did get the testosterone flu for 2 weeks and was crazy horny but I felt great overall.

The only thing I didn't like was donated blood every 8 weeks. That was the only reason that I tried daily injections.
Thanks again Vince

It's very interesting how moving from twice weekly, to daily infections made such a difference to your numbers.

Did you try every other day on route to every day and if so, how did that work out?

Donating blood for me is almost impossible for reasons stated elsewhere

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks again Vince

It's very interesting how moving from twice weekly, to daily infections made such a difference to your numbers.

Did you try every other day on route to every day and if so, how did that work out?

Donating blood for me is almost impossible for reasons stated elsewhere
I went from twice a week to dailies. I didn't know if I would be disciplined enough to do daily injections. I've been doing daily injections now for almost 5 years and it's just part of my morning routine. It would feel weird to go back to twice a week injections.

KR99

Looking at lowering my hematocrit ….you are doing this with dailies…? What is your dose on daily…?

Vince

Super Moderator
@Vince What differences did you notice from dhea at that dose? And pregnenolone at that dose? Did you start them at the same time?
No, I did not start them at the same time. I used DHEA alone for a long time and then eventually added pregnenolone. Seriously, I've never noticed a difference using one or both. I just use them because supposedly they're good for us men.

jacb

Following the advice above, I reduced my intake of Testosterone Cypionate from 150mg to 114 mg per week. I injected every other day, IM to the shoulder and I was on this protocol for 13 weeks 2 days.

These are the results of my last three blood tests groups:

1) Total Testosterone:
952 ng/dl

2) Free Testosterone:
SHBG 30 nmol/L
Testosterone: 904 ng/dl
Free Testosterone: 788 pmol/L
not optimal Test type

3) Albumin:
4.3 g/dL

The Tru-t Free Testosterone Calculator
gave my the following results:

952 ng/dl input the FT result was:
Free Testosterone: 34.20 ng/dL

904 ng/dl input the FT result was:
Free Testosterone: 32.34 ng/dL

I did notice following the reduction of T, I put on weight (fat), had less energy and generally felt better on 150mg per week.

However my previous number were too high.

150mg per week had resulted in a Total T of 1098 ng/dL, SHBG = 26 nmol/L, Albumin 4.2 g/dL
Tru-T Free Testosterone result of 41.27 ng/dL.

So Madman & Vince (etc) what do you suggest? If I want to get my total T into the 850 ng/dL range with Free T below 30 ng/dL I guess that 105 mg per week should do it.

If my Total T reduced to 850 ng/dL, my SHBG remained at 30 nmol/L and the Album remained at 4.3 g/dL then my Tru-T Free Testosterone would be: 30.24 ng/dL

At the next round of tests I hope to do a full blood test panel, this was just a how goes it check.

I believe a further reduction looks as if it is called for re the numbers ... but I don't feel as good, perhaps further time is required to adjust to the lower values and in the long run it will be worth the slight loss of edge for health reasons?

Thoughts please.

PS I am amazed that at 6'1" and 210 Lbs this relatively small amount of T has such an effect on my results.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Following the advice above, I reduced my intake of Testosterone Cypionate from 150mg to 114 mg per week. I injected every other day, IM to the shoulder and I was on this protocol for 13 weeks 2 days.

These are the results of my last three blood tests groups:

1) Total Testosterone:
952 ng/dl

2) Free Testosterone:
SHBG 30 nmol/L
Testosterone: 904 ng/dl
Free Testosterone: 788 pmol/L
not optimal Test type

3) Albumin:
4.3 g/dL

The Tru-t Free Testosterone Calculator
gave my the following results:

952 ng/dl input the FT result was:
Free Testosterone: 34.20 ng/dL

904 ng/dl input the FT result was:
Free Testosterone: 32.34 ng/dL

I did notice following the reduction of T, I put on weight (fat), had less energy and generally felt better on 150mg per week.

However my previous number were too high.

150mg per week had resulted in a Total T of 1098 ng/dL, SHBG = 26 nmol/L, Albumin 4.2 g/dL
Tru-T Free Testosterone result of 41.27 ng/dL.

So Madman & Vince (etc) what do you suggest? If I want to get my total T into the 850 ng/dL range with Free T below 30 ng/dL I guess that 105 mg per week should do it.

If my Total T reduced to 850 ng/dL, my SHBG remained at 30 nmol/L and the Album remained at 4.3 g/dL then my Tru-T Free Testosterone would be: 30.24 ng/dL

At the next round of tests I hope to do a full blood test panel, this was just a how goes it check.

I believe a further reduction looks as if it is called for re the numbers ... but I don't feel as good, perhaps further time is required to adjust to the lower values and in the long run it will be worth the slight loss of edge for health reasons?

Thoughts please.

PS I am amazed that at 6'1" and 210 Lbs this relatively small amount of T has such an effect on my results.
If you feel better at 150 mg per week I would leave it there. As long as you not having any issues and your HCT is under control. I'm one that feel my best at higher levels. I'll show you my last testosterone panel.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me