6 Weeks Results: High FT, E2, & Hema. What Next?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JYD21

Started TRT and just received my 6-week labs back from DLabs. My protocol has been 40mg, Mon/Wed/Fri, so 120mg weekly of Test Cyp/Prop Blend at 80/20%.

I'm 45. 185lbs. Workout 4-5 days a week. About 17% BF. Diet is above average. Always been pretty healthy. Blood pressure is always great.

Results below
HEMATOCRIT 50.9 H 38.5-50.0 % IG
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 166 H 35.0-155.0 pg/mL
ESTRADIOL,ULTRASENSITIVE, LC/MS 51 H < OR = 29 pg/mL
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, MS 996 250-1100 ng/dL

How I've felt in those 6 weeks: still low libido, but my mind was somewhat more optimistic some days of the week, and my workouts have improved, more intense. ...The lack of change in libido is the most disappointing aspect.

These numbers aren't bad. I already donated Whole Blood two days ago.

What should I do? Lower my dose to 100mg weekly? I prefer not to take an AI, but should I, like a very low dose twice a month or something?

I realize these numbers look pretty good, but I'm thinking that high E2 can't be helping me. I don't want it too high or too out of range.

Thanks for your help!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JYD21

Your T/E2 ratio looks normal. I would either reduce dose or increase injection frequency.
Thanks. Which do you lean toward? Also, would any OTC AI work? I have a friend that does 100mg weekly and takes an OTC product that helps keep is AI in shape vs. when his doc had him on a scrip AI.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I would probably increase frequency first to see if that can control hematocrit. Is this 6 weeks on a new protocol or 6 weeks since starting TRT? If your hematocrit is already that high after only 6 weeks on TRT you may have something else going on like sleep apnea.

JYD21

I would probably increase frequency first to see if that can control hematocrit. Is this 6 weeks on a new protocol or 6 weeks since starting TRT? If your hematocrit is already that high after only 6 weeks on TRT you may have something else going on like sleep apnea.
This is since starting TRT. My hematocrit before starting TRT was a 47. I also have not been drinking enough water and been a little dehydrated.

So would you keep the dose at 120mg, but pin more or drop to 100mg and pin more?

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
This is since starting TRT. My hematocrit before starting TRT was a 47. I also have not been drinking enough water and been a little dehydrated.

So would you keep the dose at 120mg, but pin more or drop to 100mg and pin more?
I would change just one variable to isolate the effects.

Vince

Super Moderator
Started TRT and just received my 6-week labs back from DLabs. My protocol has been 40mg, Mon/Wed/Fri, so 120mg weekly of Test Cyp/Prop Blend at 80/20%.

I'm 45. 185lbs. Workout 4-5 days a week. About 17% BF. Diet is above average. Always been pretty healthy. Blood pressure is always great.

Results below
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 166 H 35.0-155.0 pg/mL
ESTRADIOL,ULTRASENSITIVE, LC/MS 51 H < OR = 29 pg/mL
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, MS 996 250-1100 ng/dL

How I've felt in those 6 weeks: still low libido, but my mind was somewhat more optimistic some days of the week, and my workouts have improved, more intense. ...The lack of change in libido is the most disappointing aspect.

These numbers aren't bad. I already donated Whole Blood two days ago.

What should I do? Lower my dose to 100mg weekly? I prefer not to take an AI, but should I, like a very low dose twice a month or something?

I realize these numbers look pretty good, but I'm thinking that high E2 can't be helping me. I don't want it too high or too out of range.

Thanks for your help!
Your labs look really good. I wouldn't change a thing besides drinking lots of water like you mentioned. Hopefully over time your HCT will stabilized. A lot of men who start TRT lose some of their libido. I don't believe we know why. Your estrogen levels look good and should help you in the weight room, joint and bone health.

You could try HCG for your libido.

JYD21

Your labs look really good. I wouldn't change a thing besides drinking lots of water like you mentioned. Hopefully over time your HCT will stabilized. A lot of men who start TRT lose some of their libido. I don't believe we know why. Your estrogen levels look good and should help you in the weight room, joint and bone health.

You could try HCG for your libido.
Thanks, @Vince ! Yeah, all the feedback so far is that the numbers are good or great. If I keep at 120mg, I may do 4 days a week to see is that helps.

I donated whole blood the other day and will maybe keep at that every 8 weeks if need be.

I’m trying to learn more about E2. So even though it’s high in this ultra sensitive test result, why do you (and others) say it’s in a good place?

Thx!

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks, @Vince ! Yeah, all the feedback so far is that the numbers are good or great. If I keep at 120mg, I may do 4 days a week to see is that helps.

I donated whole blood the other day and will maybe keep at that every 8 weeks if need be.

I’m trying to learn more about E2. So even though it’s high in this ultra sensitive test result, why do you (and others) say it’s in a good place?

Thx!
E follows T. So of course the higher you testosterone the higher estrogen will be. Men need estrogen it's that simple. I'll find a thread for you and post it here.

Vince

Super Moderator
Higher estradiol was correlated to higher libido in this NIH funded study done by the top researcher in the field (DR Bhasin, the same guy that did a study giving men 600 mg/week of testosterone)

Systemlord

This isn't high hematocrit. Go to a different labs company and ranges could be 40-52%.

TRT guidelines state hematocrit at 55% action is taken, which is either reduce the dosage, donate or set up reoccurring phlebotomies.

I donated whole blood the other day
This is completely unnecessary and you risk crushing your ferritin/iron levels for a hematocrit level that isn't even high.

Last edited:

JYD21

This isn't high hematocrit. Go to a different labs company and ranges could be 40-52%.

TRT guidelines state hematocrit at 55% action is taken, which is either reduce the dosage, donate or set up reoccurring phlebotomies.

This is completely unnecessary and you risk crushing your ferritin/iron levels for a hematocrit level that isn't even high.
Thanks for the feedback @Systemlord. Any suggestions on how to optimize? ...I've had a few folks say 'stay where you are, it's only 6 weeks', others say lower the dose, or take the AI, etc, etc.

I'm just getting some qualitative data/feedback. My doc is open to doing any of these, but leans toward slightly lowering current dose.

Cheers.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
If you don't care about hematocrit and your primary concern is libido, I doubt lowering dose would be helpful. I would say either give it more time and see if libido comes up or add hCG. I've heard some people say it took an entire year to manifest full libido benefits of TRT, contrary to the study that put a timeline of 3-6 weeks on libido.

JYD21

Higher estradiol was correlated to higher libido in this NIH funded study done by the top researcher in the field (DR Bhasin, the same guy that did a study giving men 600 mg/week of testosterone)

@Vince Thank you. I'll give these a look-see. I agree I don't want e2 low and if my ratio is good (still learning how to calculate that), then perhaps I look at staying the course. ...Since my numbers overall do look pretty good.

Systemlord

My doc is open to doing any of these, but leans toward slightly lowering current dose.
I think it's too early to be judging your protocol to be a failure or success. If by 8 weeks things don't improve in the sexual department, slightly lowering your dosage is the next suggested move.

JYD21

I think it's too early to be judging your protocol to be a failure or success. If by 8 weeks things don't improve in the sexual department, slightly lowering your dosage is the next suggested move.
OK, thank you, sir. I really appreciate all of this feedback.

JRos895

Is the posted E2 level actually a good one? If it was the non-sensitive test, your E2 might be closer to 75/80 (sensitive is usually 1.5x to 2.0x non sensitive) or potentially higher and people would say that’s high if they saw numbers like that.

I feel like people are saying your E2 looks good because it’s not high above 50, but I think that standard is generally reserved for the non-sensitive test. People often apply the non-sensitive standard for treating high E2 (>50) for sensitive tests and I feel like it’s comparing two different units. The sensitive assay clearly states that the upper range is 30, so why do people just ignore that?

In fact, I believe the famous study that demonstrated that E2 levels between 20-30 was best for reduced cardiac mortality used the ELCIA test, not the sensitive test. An E2 level of 20-30 on a non sensitive test would likely appear as a 15-20 on a sensitive test, yet people who are too pro-E2 would say that 15-20 is far too low, even though it’s on the sensitive test.

Just a thought.

JYD21

Is the posted E2 level actually a good one? If it was the non-sensitive test, your E2 might be closer to 75/80 (sensitive is usually 1.5x to 2.0x non sensitive) or potentially higher and people would say that’s high if they saw numbers like that.

I feel like people are saying your E2 looks good because it’s not high above 50, but I think that standard is generally reserved for the non-sensitive test. People often apply the non-sensitive standard for treating high E2 (>50) for sensitive tests and I feel like it’s comparing two different units. The sensitive assay clearly states that the upper range is 30, so why do people just ignore that?

In fact, I believe the famous study that demonstrated that E2 levels between 20-30 was best for reduced cardiac mortality used the ELCIA test, not the sensitive test. An E2 level of 20-30 on a non sensitive test would likely appear as a 15-20 on a sensitive test, yet people who are too pro-E2 would say that 15-20 is far too low, even though it’s on the sensitive test.

Just a thought.
It's the ultra-sensitive test.

ESTRADIOL,ULTRASENSITIVE, LC/MS 51 H < OR = 29 pg/mL EZ

Good comments and will keep it in mind.

Systemlord

you mean 8 weeks after the initial 6 or 8 weeks into trt n general?
Per protocol change or starting out on TRT -> if you don't show progress in the time, then I advise a slight dosage reduction.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me