58 and Feel Great, But I Need to Be Better!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sir Hardhat

I am 58 so for whatever the reason, I have decided it's time for the juice. I work construction and am also back in college to get my degree in a related profession. I need to whip everyone's ass physically and mentally, I hope I can get a concentration and mental stamina boost.
I am in good shape and have worked out since high school, besides my job physicality. I have contacted Defy and I hope this stuff hits me like a ton of bricks. I really haven't given this a lot of research or thought so any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I am 58 so for whatever the reason, I have decided it's time for the juice. I work construction and am also back in college to get my degree in a related profession. I need to whip everyone's ass physically and mentally, I hope I can get a concentration and mental stamina boost.
I am in good shape and have worked out since high school, besides my job physicality. I have contacted Defy and I hope this stuff hits me like a ton of bricks. I really haven't given this a lot of research or thought so any advice appreciated. Thanks!
Before you start, please post your labs. TRT doesn't work for everyone.

Phil Goodman

Your first mistake was not doing any research while deciding “for whatever reason” to start replacing hormones.

At your age it’ll probably help, but zero research and sky high expectations are a recipe for disaster. I recommend searching the forum and reading old threads, or at the very least ask specific questions if you want information.

Sir Hardhat

Your first mistake was not doing any research while deciding “for whatever reason” to start replacing hormones.

At your age it’ll probably help, but zero research and sky high expectations are a recipe for disaster. I recommend searching the forum and reading old threads, or at the very least ask specific questions if you want information.
Maybe I made it sound a bit casual, but if course it is not. I have a pretty good base of knowledge in the subject, but probably need a good refresher. At 58 I dont think anyone will accuse me if starting way too early. I am 6'2" and 195 and put together better than 90% of my young classmates. I think a bunch of them have some issues that will have to be addressed soon.
I will post up lab results when I hook up with Defy.

Guided_by_Voices

My two cents...something Defy may suggest and which I would agree with, is start with a low dose of clomid, like 12mg every other day. It's the lowest risk, easiest-to-stop place to start. If your construction work involves physical activity, I would research everything to do with injury prevention and recovery, especially as it relates to protecting your spine. Search here on "fixes for joint issues". No amount of "juice" will fix a serious injury and being over-confident can increase your risk of injury. The people I know who had major issues doing physical labor were put on the sidelines due to back injury and/or hip/shoulder/knee injury. It's better to have peptides and other compounds on hand in advance than have an injury and have to start from scratch. Follow/study Stu McGill's teaching to minimize risk to your back. If you still fell you need an anabolic after all that, (which would likely be due to recovery needs) start with a low dose of something short-acting a couple of times a week while still on the clomid, and monitor bloodwork to be sure the "something" is not suppressing your T levels below where you started from.

Sir Hardhat

I like Defy and I am thankful for them but they are a business. I would post your labs here like Vince already mentioned before you decide based on one clinics advice to shut down your Pituitary and change the way your endocrine system functions.
Thanks man. I will post up before I agree, or worse yet, talk myself into thinking I need anything at all. I think my attitude is if anything is suggested, I will be like, "Can I try like half that and see if its makes a positive difference". I have never had any kind of PED and maybe 2 dozen ibuprofen my entire adult life, maybe antibiotics a handful of times.

Sir Hardhat

My two cents...something Defy may suggest and which I would agree with, is start with a low dose of clomid, like 12mg every other day. It's the lowest risk, easiest-to-stop place to start. If your construction work involves physical activity, I would research everything to do with injury prevention and recovery, especially as it relates to protecting your spine. Search here on "fixes for joint issues". No amount of "juice" will fix a serious injury and being over-confident can increase your risk of injury. The people I know who had major issues doing physical labor were put on the sidelines due to back injury and/or hip/shoulder/knee injury. It's better to have peptides and other compounds on hand in advance than have an injury and have to start from scratch. Follow/study Stu McGill's teaching to minimize risk to your back. If you still fell you need an anabolic after all that, (which would likely be due to recovery needs) start with a low dose of something short-acting a couple of times a week while still on the clomid, and monitor bloodwork to be sure the "something" is not suppressing your T levels below where you started from.
Thanks for the advice. Do I work physical? You bet. I just wont bust it for a full 8 plus hours now. Big days like that take a while to recover from, they are no longer a distant memory the next morning. I always try to leave something left in the tank now.
I am lucky that I have not had back problems, just luck of the draw. One of my knees bothers me a bit, not even sure which one, when I am up and down the ladder or up and down stairs a lot.
I really like your idea about prevention, it doesn't get any more true than that. I will do some research on the items you mentioned, thanks

T

tareload

Boy if I was going back to college the last thing I would do is hit the "juice". IQ drop of at least 10 points on "TOT" personally. Can't wait to see those labs.

Sir Hardhat

I just had a full panel blood test done on my own dime. I had it with Quest Diagnostics. The results all look pretty good. Is this something that I should share with the Defy doctors ? I wonder if the full panel gives any more clues than the test that they ordered for me?

I also think that I am going to try to change a few things and improve a few things and take some natural supplements for a few months and get tested once again before I do any sort of injections or therapy. Does this sound like a reasonable way to go? When I get the lab tests from Excel I will post them up. Thank you!

Tman

Before reading another post...let me tell you this...If you feel great don't start messing around with your hormones!!! Stop now!

Sir Hardhat

I am in no hurry, and my labs do not reveal anything earth shattering as you will see. I am so glad to have they labs done, I would not have any baseline for anything I try. And I will try diet, lifestyle changes and supplements for several months before anything else, along with more tests, to see where that gets me.
Before reading another post...let me tell you this...If you feel great don't start messing around with your hormones!!! Stop now!

Sir Hardhat

Enclosed is my blood test data. Someone please let me know if this posts correctly, I am doing it from my phone which isn't my first choice. Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220529-085656~2.png
    Screenshot_20220529-085656~2.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20220529-085718~2.png
    Screenshot_20220529-085718~2.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20220529-085709~3.png
    Screenshot_20220529-085709~3.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 57

Systemlord

The majority of men on TRT thrive at the top end of the ranges, so it can't be much different for men not on replacement therapy.

The Free T direct method is notoriously inaccurate.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching