58 and Feel Great, But I Need to Be Better!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Your DHEA levels are high but not over 600. Do you supplement with DHEA?

You must eat a high carb diet. That would be one of the first things I would fix.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sir Hardhat

Not supplementing with anything at the moment other than a multivitamin. I dropped everything else about 6 months ago, trying to pinpoint my itchy skin problem ( another thread of mine, if you search). I have never done any type of supplementation that I would consider to be a heavy-duty testosterone boosting type routine.

I have never done any type of trt at all. Maybe I have had about 20 bufferin and half a bottle of allergy pills in the last 25 years. That's pretty much covers all my drug consumption.

I guess for my diet I do something that is now called intermittent fasting? For the last seven or eight years I just have one large meal around 9 at night. This fits right into my schedule. I don't restrict carbs at all. But I don't say I go out of my way to eat them either. I don't eat many sweets at all. No sugars whatsoever during any part of the day other than that. And not much sweets at all during my meal. I don't snack during the day at all. The only thing that I have during the day before that meal is basically coffee with half and half, about three No sugar. No coffee after say 7 p.m. ever.

My blood was drawn in about 10:30 in the morning so I would say that it was about 12 hours of fasting.

My body definitely needs more sleep than I have been getting. I am in college as well as working full-time trying to complete a degree. It makes for a crazy schedule. To get through it I've upped my coffee consumption a bit. I'm not sure maybe my adrenals could be running less-than-optimal at this point

Sir Hardhat

The majority of men on TRT thrive at the top end of the ranges, so it can't be much different for men not on replacement therapy.

The Free T direct method is notoriously inaccurate.
I wouldn't doubt if my testosterone levels are down for this blood test. After I get some more input I'll probably go into that why I think that may be.

Sir Hardhat

I'd cut back on the carbs, and eat earlier. Your Glucose is high. Should be fairly easy to get it lowered.
Cutting back on anything wouldn't bother me at all. I don't really have any type of mental connection to any of my foods that I can't just manipulate it the way I want to. In other words it's not like I crave carbs or sweets. But I'm not convinced that's the reason for a high glucose level in my case. I may manipulate a couple of other things before another blood test in a few months to see how that goes. I don't know much but it seems to me like these levels are things that can be tweaked that they're not so out of line to be a serious serious concern?

Vince

Super Moderator
Cutting back on anything wouldn't bother me at all. I don't really have any type of mental connection to any of my foods that I can't just manipulate it the way I want to. In other words it's not like I crave carbs or sweets. But I'm not convinced that's the reason for a high glucose level in my case. I may manipulate a couple of other things before another blood test in a few months to see how that goes. I don't know much but it seems to me like these levels are things that can be tweaked that they're not so out of line to be a serious serious concern?
I would do at A1C lab to see if you're type 2 diabetic. Also, I would be concerned about your higher dhea levels. It's probably nothing but I still would get it checked out.

Sir Hardhat

I would do at A1C lab to see if you're type 2 diabetic. Also, I would be concerned about your higher dhea levels. It's probably nothing but I still would get it checked out.
I just had A1C done in another test. It's not covered under this one as well? Some of the things overlap.

Anyway my A1C level is 5.6. Which is the higher end of normal.

Mojo88

I just had A1C done in another test. It's not covered under this one as well? Some of the things overlap.

Anyway my A1C level is 5.6. Which is the higher end of normal.
I didn't see A1C in the first tests. A few years back, my fasting Glucose was 110 and I was totally shocked. I mean, I was hiking a few miles hard almost every day, working up good sweat. I thought diabetes was the least of my worries - WRONG!

Then I started looking at my diet and found lots of useless carbs, especially the 'healthy grain' chips I was so fond of. I eliminated the chips, plus virtually all other processed foods, and my fasting Glucose went down 20 points. I got it down a tad lower after I added in some weight lifting. Plus I am now doing 'time restricted' eating, with late breakfasts and earlier dinners.

Vince

Super Moderator
I didn't see A1C in the first tests. A few years back, my fasting Glucose was 110 and I was totally shocked. I mean, I was hiking a few miles hard almost every day, working up good sweat. I thought diabetes was the least of my worries - WRONG!

Then I started looking at my diet and found lots of useless carbs, especially the 'healthy grain' chips I was so fond of. I eliminated the chips, plus virtually all other processed foods, and my fasting Glucose went down 20 points. I got it down a tad lower after I added in some weight lifting. Plus I am now doing 'time restricted' eating, with late breakfasts and earlier dinners.
My wife's oldest son A1C was 8.0 definitely a type 2 diabetic. He did not want to go on meds so he tried fasting. He fasted for 28 days, only drinking water then slowly added in bone broth, then vegetables and finally meat. He got his A1C down to 4.6. he also does intermittent fasting.

I always remembered Jim Fixx. It takes a lot more than exercise and being slim to prevent a heart attack. He died at age 52 of a heart attack. Just like his dad who smoked, drank and never exercised.

Sir Hardhat

My wife's oldest son A1C was 8.0 definitely a type 2 diabetic. He did not want to go on meds so he tried fasting. He fasted for 28 days, only drinking water then slowly added in bone broth, then vegetables and finally meat. He got his A1C down to 4.6. he also does intermittent fasting.

I always remembered Jim Fixx. It takes a lot more than exercise and being slim to prevent a heart attack. He died at age 52 of a heart attack. Just like his dad who smoked, drank and never exercised.

I guess Jim Fixx....shoulda got it fixed

Sir Hardhat

I agree with everyone else. That blood sugar is the first thing to look at. I'd fix that and then see how you feel.
Yeah, the more I look into it the more it seems that this could have relationships to everything I am concerned about. I also have a thread about this mysterious itching that has been bothering me for the last 2 years or so.

I am someone who can eat pretty blandly and not have it bother me. I can pretty much live on chicken, salad, and cheese, and a handful of corn chips or something, as long as it is not wheat. I think I'm going to look for some prepare chicken that I can heat up in the evening, being that I have been doing intermittent fasting for several years now. I'm not much of a cook but if I have to roast up some chickens on the weekend and have them ready to eat during the week that's what I'll do.. I would say I'm probably going to boil up two or three dozen eggs a week, to take the place of the things I drop out.

I don't know if I'm a Believer in full-blown keto, but that is towards the direction I will go. I'm kind of there anyway. Since I've been intermittent fasting I've cut back on carbs a bit and added facts. I will cut the carbs further. But I also believe from eating out a lot I am probably getting a lot of MSG and all the things that will boost my glucose that is not under my control when I eat out. And the only reason I do that is my tight schedule. But I'll just have to work with it and get back to making my own food 90% of the time. It would be cool if I get an energy boost just from that and then able to put in another brief workout or two per week as a bonus.

Systemlord

Conclusion​

This meta-analysis suggests that higher testosterone level can significantly decrease the risk of type 2 diabetes in men. Therefore, combined with previous researches, the findings above suggest a reverse-causality scenario in the relation between testosterone deficiency and risk of type 2 diabetes in men.

One third of U.S. men older than 65 yr have type 2 diabetes (hereafter referred to as diabetes) (1), and a similar percentage have low or subnormal testosterone levels (2), compared with reference ranges based on healthy young men.

Because diabetes and low testosterone commonly overlap in such men.

Last edited:

Sir Hardhat

Glucose level plummets...Testosterone level soars. Check. Got it.

Sir Hardhat

This is my experience on TRT (Jatenzo @237mg 2x daily).
Now that I have a baseline of lab results, I am confident I can make adjustments that should show up in lab results. I am officially on a TRT beginning delay of 6 months. The diet part is simplified for my case because of the intermittent fasting/one meal that I do anyway. I am going to up my supplement game up as well. Maybe energy, focus and workouts will improve. If so, lets see what testosterone levels do.

What do you think would be a reasonable period of time to have more blood tests? Two months?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me