42 y/o, scrotal cream, high dht and acne... will finasteride help?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Caketocake

I've been on scrotal cream for a few years. Feel great. However I have always got pretty annoying facial acne.

My dht is pretty high 155ng/dL, however it's been as high as 290ng/dL. The range is usually 14 to 77ng/dL. FWIW, I used to be at a measley 8ng/dL before I started.

Total T is around 900 and free T around 30.
SHBG is on the low side at 12.
Estradiol Sensitive is usually around 35-45 (I take anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 an aromasin tablet a week to keep it in that range. Even on the cream my estradiol will shoot up to 80-100 if I don't.)
Prolactin is 9
Progesterone is .8 (I recently started apply a tiny amount of progesterone cream to my nuts, a fraction of a pea sized smudge) This has made orgasms feel better but I think I am breaking out even more with it.

I also am taking 250iu of HCG three times per week.

My question is will the finasteride lower my dht to an okay range and will the high dht effects of the scrotal cream offset the scary sides of finasteride and prevent dht from getting TOO low?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Finasteride may actually make things worse for the rest of your life. Some of the guys that got PFS never had crushed DHT levels, it was the act of interfering with T->DHT conversion that lead to PFS.

Last edited:

Caketocake

From my understanding fin doesn't block all of the DHT, just a certain amount of it. However if you're on T therapy, especially the scrotal cream that likely causes excess DHT conversion, then using finasteride may help with the DHT levels not getting TOO high. I do not know this 100%, it's just what I gathered from watching some of the moreplatesmoredates and leoandlogevity videos on youtube.

bixt

moreplatesmoredates

Thats really not a good source of info. Those youtube and instagram guys are all about the likes, fame and attention.

What you should do is rather simple rather, lower DHT without fin. So try the following:

1. Apply the cream elsewhere (inner thigh maybe)
2. If DHT too low, apply some fraction of it to the scrotum
3. Combination of cypionate injections and scrotal cream, till you find the right ratio of DHT/T where you keep your TT as is and have just the right amount of DHT to feel great and not so much that you have acne. You may be able to get away with a single application of cream daily this way.

DS3

Thats really not a good source of info. Those youtube and instagram guys are all about the likes, fame and attention.

What you should do is rather simple rather, lower DHT without fin. So try the following:

1. Apply the cream elsewhere (inner thigh maybe)
2. If DHT too low, apply some fraction of it to the scrotum
3. Combination of cypionate injections and scrotal cream, till you find the right ratio of DHT/T where you keep your TT as is and have just the right amount of DHT to feel great and not so much that you have acne. You may be able to get away with a single application of cream daily this way.
^^^ @Caketocake if you listen to any advice, listen to what @bixt has to say above. Solid recommendations.

Your DHT is way too high simply due to your exclusive application of T cream to the scrotum. Taking finasteride to reduce DHT is an option, but is one that involves the potential for serious side effects in relation to simply changing the way you administer your testosterone.

JA Battle

topically, test will 5ar reduce at a high rate anyways regardless of where you apply. Try to Apply it to chest. It works great

Cataceous

Super Moderator
The problems with finasteride go beyond reductions in DHT. The 5ar enzyme also converts progesterone into dihydroprogesterone, an intermediate in the path to allopregnanolone.

... While the mechanisms of the sexual side-effects in humans is incompletely understood, one study found lower cerebrospinal fluid concentrations of dihydrotestosterone, progesterone, dihydroprogesterone and allopregnanolone, and higher levels of testosterone, 5α-androstane-3α,17β-diol and pregnenolone. Another study found up-regulation of the androgen receptor in the human foreskin with a mean of 5 years after finasteride discontinuation. Studies of erectile dysfunction in finasteride-treated rats showed fewer autophagosomes in smooth muscle on transmission electron microscopy, increased apoptosis, decreased smooth muscle, increased collagen deposition and decreased endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Finally, 5α reductase inhibitors have also been found to alter semen parameters in healthy men.
[R]​

bixt

The problems with finasteride go beyond reductions in DHT. The 5ar enzyme also converts progesterone into dihydroprogesterone, an intermediate in the path to allopregnanolone.

Nice post! This is perhaps why the anecdotal effects of progesterone differ from person to person. Depending on the route taken (cream, oral, injection), they end up wildly different in the body.

bixt

@Cataceous External forms of DHT such as masteron, winstrol, etc are all known to crush lipids. Some as an effect of the 17AA and others simply by virtue them being exogenous hormones.

Would you have any idea in a case such as the OPs, how a high DHT (but internally converted by the body) would affect lipids vs externally introduced DHTs?

@Caketocake do you have any LDL/HDL tests you could kindly share with us?

p.s. @Cataceous if you feel this is off topic/deserves a thread of its own then please move it. Thanks

I've been on scrotal cream for a few years. Feel great. However I have always got pretty annoying facial acne.

My dht is pretty high 155ng/dL, however it's been as high as 290ng/dL. The range is usually 14 to 77ng/dL. FWIW, I used to be at a measley 8ng/dL before I started.

Total T is around 900 and free T around 30.
SHBG is on the low side at 12.
Estradiol Sensitive is usually around 35-45 (I take anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 an aromasin tablet a week to keep it in that range. Even on the cream my estradiol will shoot up to 80-100 if I don't.)
Prolactin is 9
Progesterone is .8 (I recently started apply a tiny amount of progesterone cream to my nuts, a fraction of a pea sized smudge) This has made orgasms feel better but I think I am breaking out even more with it.

I also am taking 250iu of HCG three times per week.

My question is will the finasteride lower my dht to an okay range and will the high dht effects of the scrotal cream offset the scary sides of finasteride and prevent dht from getting TOO low?
Do you mind sharing where you obtain T cream and the rest?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me