3 weeks into TRT - Hair Loss / Thinning

Buy Lab Tests Online

findingforever

All

I would like your advice on this. I know there are numerous threads on hair loss, and i have tried to read through them, but still have some questions.

I am on week three of my treatment, which is the following protocol:
  • 500iu HCG (Wed)
  • 500iu HCG (Thu)
  • 100mg Test Cyp (Fri)
For the past two weeks, I've noticed significant hair loss and thinning. No noticeable receding, but I can now see hair in my hands when showering and putting product in my hair (hence I no longer put product in my hair). Also, in general my hair seems to be thinner and more brittle. I have a family history of MPB (particularly, hair thinning and loss over the whole crown for my siblings) but have always had a very full thick head of hair (to the extent that people would comment on it).

Like anybody, I do not want to lose my hair. To put that in context, I am heavily considering coming off my TRT protocol ASAP to stop (and hopefully recover) from my hair loss to date.

I understand this sudden hair loss is likely linked to DHT levels rising (I am getting labs done in the next couple of days to check levels) and thus,

I have the following questions:
  1. Will coming off my TRT protocol stop hair loss? Moreover, will it reverse the loss and thinning i've experienced to date? My DHT levels will expectedly drop so my hope that the answer to that question is yes.
  2. Will introducing an AI help with this at all? I have Arimidex to hand but have yet to take it.
  3. Can the HCG play any part in this?
I have consulted my urologist and will hope to get an answer soon. TRT benefits have been great (body composition, strength, libido) but my symptoms pre-TRT were not as severe as some on here, so I will stop if there is no way to reduce hair loss.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

bbex2014

I would assume that coming off trt would halt the hair loss, since you didn't notice it pre trt. I do not believe that an ai would help your situation, you just need your dht levels to lower and you'll be fine. Now the hcg, I'm not sure if this could play a part in the process and I would be interested to hear others opinions on the matter. For me personally, injections didn't make me lose any hair, even back in the day when I was running heavy aas cycles. But I definitely have noticed some shedding since I've been putting the cream on my scrotum.

azmike17

All

I would like your advice on this. I know there are numerous threads on hair loss, and i have tried to read through them, but still have some questions.

• 500iu HCG (Wed)
  • 500iu HCG (Thu)
  • 100mg Test Cyp (Fri)
For the past two weeks, I've noticed significant hair loss and thinning. No noticeable receding, but I can now see hair in my hands when showering and putting product in my hair (hence I no longer put product in my hair). Also, in general my hair seems to be thinner and more brittle. I have a family history of MPB (particularly, hair thinning and loss over the whole crown for my siblings) but have always had a very full thick head of hair (to the extent that people would comment on it).

Like anybody, I do not want to lose my hair. To put that in context, I am heavily considering coming off my TRT protocol ASAP to stop (and hopefully recover) from my hair loss to date.

I understand this sudden hair loss is likely linked to DHT levels rising (I am getting labs done in the next couple of days to check levels) and thus,

1. Will coming off my TRT protocol stop hair loss? Moreover, will it reverse the loss and thinning i've experienced to date? My DHT levels will expectedly drop so my hope that the answer to that question is yes.
  2. Will introducing an AI help with this at all? I have Arimidex to hand but have yet to take it.
I have consulted my urologist and will hope to get an answer soon. TRT benefits have been great (body composition, strength, libido) but my symptoms pre-TRT were not as severe as some on here, so I will stop if there is no way to reduce hair loss.

All

• 500iu HCG (Wed)
  • 500iu HCG (Thu)
  • 100mg Test Cyp (Fri)

I am in the same situation as you so I look forward to hearing if your progress. I think it must be the elevated DHT.

MPB/loss/shedding is far more to do with genetics and if you're predisposed to that, maybe, but I'd stop short of blaming hormones without some labs.
Remember to that there is a difference in shedding, versus hair loss.

The Finasteride suggestion is very poor advice.

Too the HCG Wed/Thurs and Cyp on Friday is a very old protocol and not that it doesn't work the current thinking is well past that so there are some things you can modify in your protocol.

This method was meant to bridge a guy on 1 week injections to have some kind of an endo T bump thru HCG use to carry you over to the next injection.
But, since we've moved to E3.5D injections, at least, there's little reason to do things that way.

You could consider 50mg E3.5D and halving the HCG to 250iu twice per week as well.

findingforever

For what it is worth, my hair loss stopped considerably. Hair is thinner but not really falling out anymore.

I inject 50mg E3.5Ds. I stopped HCG in Sep. I need to restart HCG because I want to maintain fertility, but I am worried it may cause more hair loss. Hopefully it doesnt.

FLguy123

Did the shedding stop when you stopped the hcg in Sept or did it stop more recently? Also, did you use any other things like minoxidil or supplements?

findingforever

I really don't think it was to do with the HCG...since late Aug/Sept I've been 2x50mg per week (as opposed to 1x100mg per week). After a few weeks (by late Sept) it just got drastically better. My hair is still thinner than before but not crazy amounts, and more importantly I'm not losing much if any (touch wood)

Supplement wise I have been taking the following daily since late Aug:

- Vit d (10,000 iu per day)
- Biotin
- General multivitamin
- Fish oils

I haven't used anything like minoxidil. I did consider it heavily, but thankfully my hair has seemingly leveled out for now. If I see hairloss again in the future I will consider it.

Im planning on starting HCG again because I need to maintain fertility. Worried of course, that it could kick off my hair loss, but I really don't think it is caused by that. Even if so, I think it will stop again after a couple of weeks once I've reached homeostasis.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me