3 months on Hydrogel Testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Bennytrt

The same principle applies. Blow drying reduces the duration of action of any volatile penetration enhancer that's used. However, I doubt it's such a significant effect as to be the difference between good absorption and your abysmal results. I'm with @Systemlord on this one: I doubt you're going to get good results with Androgel—I sure didn't. Typically guys start with Androgel and have these poor results. In some cases they do much better with high-concentration formulations like the one you're using. I haven't heard of anyone starting with a 20% topical and getting better results with 1.62%.
I have decided to let it air dry.

You also bring up a good point about starting with a high concentration and then going to a lower one.

About 10 years ago I was using Axiron on my armpits. With four pumps of it my total testosterone rose to 450. or so. I also use pregnenolone from empower and I apply that on my inner thighs, stomach, forearms, and the inner side of my biceps and gets absorbed well based on bloodwork. I will try those locations and see what happens.

Bennytrt

I think with price reduction coupons and maybe insurance, you can get Androgel at similar price.

When trying something for the first time, it's best to go for the tried and tested Androgel, not scarcely tested formulations of compounding pharmacies. Androgel contains 1.62% testosterone, your "hydrogel" is 20% testosterone - obviously its delivery vehicle is about 10 times LESS effective than the one of Androgel.
I hope my insurance covers it or least some it.

I decided to start with Hydrogel because it had great results. My doctor was on board with the change since I wanted to increase libido.

Fortunate

I actually think this is an interesting topic of discussion. I also wondered in the past whether or not one could expect different results with commercial transdermals over a compounded product. I even started a thread about it a while back. I don't think there are many anecdotes out there with feedback on comparing commercial vs. compounded. If you do decide to try a commercial product, do you mind reporting back?

Creams and gels are interesting. Some have an exceptionally exuberant response (I think I am in that category), while others don't absorb much. I find it odd. I feel way over the top on compounded creams and hydrogel.

I may not do well on any transdermal, but I think it may be worth trying Androderm, because it's a slow, level level release, as opposed to a blast all at once. I recently got an Rx for it. I am not sure if I am going to try it, but it's on my short list.

Bennytrt

I actually think this is an interesting topic of discussion. I also wondered in the past whether or not one could expect different results with commercial transdermals over a compounded product. I even started a thread about it a while back. I don't think there are many anecdotes out there with feedback on comparing commercial vs. compounded. If you do decide to try a commercial product, do you mind reporting back?

Creams and gels are interesting. Some have an exceptionally exuberant response (I think I am in that category), while others don't absorb much. I find it odd. I feel way over the top on compounded creams and hydrogel.

I may not do well on any transdermal, but I think it may be worth trying Androderm, because it's a slow, level level release, as opposed to a blast all at once. I recently got an Rx for it. I am not sure if I am going to try it, but it's on my short list.
If I do decided to try the commercial brand I will definitely report back.

The members who said heat from the blow dryer might affect the penetration were correct. I decided to verify with Empower and one of the pharmacist who prepares this medication said that it's best to let it dry. She mention that blow drying it with heat will stop absorption. Finally, she said to alternate sites and suggested thin skin places like the wrist, inner thigh, and of course the scrotum.

Androderm, huh? Never heard of it but I'll research it. Try it and see if you like it. I love experimenting with different OTC medications and prescribed.

sammmy

Androgel is usually recommended on shoulders, upper arms, abdomen - they prefer those because they are usually covered with clothing and no risk to transfer it to someone else. I would add the neck too - in skinny people it is thinner skin, if there is no risk of transfer to someone else.

Best is on thin hairless skin with a lot of blood supply/muscle.

Also, the larger the area you spread it out, the more it will absorb. Don't cake it in one place.

sammmy

It may depend on the particular pharmacy. The hydrogel is just the base. The compounding pharmacy has to mix in the testosterone - maybe it has to be micronized and mixed in a particular way and different pharmacies may use different techniques.

Bennytrt

Androgel is usually recommended on shoulders, upper arms, abdomen - they prefer those because they are usually covered with clothing and no risk to transfer it to someone else. I would add the neck too - in skinny people it is thinner skin, if there is no risk of transfer to someone else.

Best is on thin hairless skin with a lot of blood supply/muscle.

Also, the larger the area you spread it out, the more it will absorb. Don't cake it in one place.
I didn't think about it being absorbed a lot more by spreading it on a larger area.

Bennytrt

Not sure how you guys don’t absorb the hydrogel. It easily gets my levels to a 1,000 ng.
My issue was blow drying it. Like the pharmacist told me it's best to let it air dry. I have noticed that I don't get the white film that I was getting when blow drying it. I am assuming it is now penetrating.

Fortunate

I am looking for some more feedback like @Graham's on hydrogel. Does anyone have any labs or even anecdotal experience to back up or refute the claims that hydrogel absorbs better?

I am currently trialing cream again. In the past, I have felt supraphysiologic with most cream trials. This time, I don't feel that way at all (disclaimer: my cream is about 1.5 years old, but I doubt the strength has degraded).

I also have the same strength in hydrogel and may give it a try.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me