Help measuring insulin syringe

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hey guys sorry but I am stupid. How do I measure 15-20 mg from those syringes?syringes are 40 units...do I have to decide 250 mg to 40?

Which line would be 15 and which line 20?

Attachments

• 20221106_043200.jpg
    20221106_043200.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
  • 20221106_043155.jpg
    20221106_043155.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I think you have the right idea if your testosterone (cypionate?) concentration is 250 mg/mL. You need to be a little careful because U-40 syringes are less common in TRT compared to U-100. The U-40 syringe has 40 units per milliliter (40 U/mL). To compute dose units you use this conversion factor along with the desired dose in milligrams (mg) and the concentration of your testosterone in milligrams/milliliter (mg/mL):

Dose Units = Desired_dose(mg) / T_concentration(mg/mL) * 40 U/mL

As an example, if you want a dose of 15 mg and your testosterone cypionate concentration is 250 mg/mL then your syringe units are:

15 mg / 250 mg/mL * 40 U/mL = 2.4 Units

That's going to be a little tricky to measure. For these smaller doses U-100 syringes are a little easier to work with, especially if you get 0.3 mL syringes with half-unit markings.

The equation can be rearranged to yield the division you were proposing (40/250):

Dose Units = Desired_dose(mg) * (40 U/mL / T_concentration(mg/mL))

15 mg * (40 U/mL / 250 mg/mL) = 15 mg * (0.16 U/mg) = 2.4 Units

Thanks for replying... unfortunately the pharmacy only had those ones with the 5/16 needle size..
So 2,4 units means second line and 20 units would be the third line right?
Since I am doing sub q I would like to start with 20 mg because I don't think I will asborb sub q the way I do IM

Every line on the syringe is 2 units?

Last edited:

Blackhawk

So 2,4 units means second line and 20 units would be the third line right?
Since I am doing sub q I would like to start with 20 mg because I don't think I will asborb sub q the way I do IM

Every line on the syringe is 2 units?

No. You are confusing miligrams and units.

Each line on the syringe is one unit.

Each unit is 6.25mg of testosterone with 250mg per mililiter concentration.

15mg is 2.4 units. 2.4 is between the 2nd and 3rd lines on the syringe

20mg is 3.2 units. 3.2 is between the 3rd and 4th lines on the syringe

Your choice of course, but a small compromise to your proposed 20mg, it is easier to draw 3 units accurately than trying to draw 3.2. 3 units is 18.75mg.

I think you are totally guessing about needing more on SubQ. SubQ is equally effective for many compared to IM. (Of course there are exceptions, some men have trouble with SubQ, some have trouble with IM). The increase from 15 to 20 is substantial. This is changing two things at once: 1-dose, 2-IM to SubQ. If you have any new troubles you won't know which one is the cause.

How often are your injections?

Last edited:
Ah ok now I got it...
No I didn't switch from 15-20...i am switching from E3,5 days to daily just to test it out...
Ok perfect thanks then I will just Drew until the 3. line which is 3 units ..

That means if I order the 0,5 ml Insulin syringes 20 mg would be 8 units right?

20: 250 mg × 100?

Sorry I am so stupid. Lol

Last edited:

Blackhawk

Ah ok now I got it...
No I didn't switch from 15-20...i am switching from E3,5 days to daily just to test it out...
Ok perfect thanks then I will just Drew until the 3. line which is 3 units ..

That means if I order the 0,5 ml Insulin syringes 20 mg would be 8 units right?

20: 250 mg × 100?

Sorry I am so stupid. Lol

You are not stupid, it is confusing. Your U-40 syringes are really made for a specific type of insulin measured in U-40 units, not testosterone, and the units do not correlate directly in the usual decimal system related to ml. (i.e. tenths hundredths etc). This is pretty screwed up for trying to figure dosing T.

There are three variables in your situation:

Concentration: This is how much testosterone there is per ml in the vial you are provided. This is commonly either 100mg/ml, or 200mg/ml, or 250mg/ml.

Syringe Volume: a 1ml syringe holds up to 1 ml. a 0.5ml syringe holds up to 0.5ml fluid volume. a 0.3ml syringe holds up to 0.3ml, With smaller sizes, it is easier to see smaller dose increments when drawing up your dose.

Syringe Gradation: U-100: the lines on the syringe indicate hundredths of a ml. U-40: the lines indicate 40ths of an ml. In effect the U-100 is a more accurate system of measurement.

So, you are also confusing the syringe volume with the gradation.

An insulin syringe is typically 1ml, 0.5ml or 0.3ml in volume and any of those sizes can be graded with U-40 or U-100 units. In your ciphering above, the 0.5 ml syringe size is irrelevant in calculating how many units for your dose. It only designates how much the syringe will hold.

Here's an example based on your 15mg dose size and 250mg/ml concentration:

With 250mg/ml testosterone, the volume is 0.06ml for 15mg.

With the already calculated U-40 syringe: 15mg is 0.06ml which is 2.4 units. 2.4 is between the 2nd and 3rd lines on the syringe whether it is a 0.3, 0.5 or 1ml syringe size... what matters is the U-40 unit volume.

With a U-100 syringe, 15mg is 0.06 ml which is 6 U-100 units. this is 6 units on any U-100 syringe, 0.3 or 0.5 or 1ml syringe size.

Personally i would choose a U-100 0.3ml insulin syringe for this dose. It is easier to see the gradations on the syringe for such a small 6 unit dose.

Last edited:
Ok much thanks...so the ml is not important in this case..just the units ..

So the formulas is always: desired mg / concentration × units (40, 60, 100).

Ok since I have bought 20 of those u40 syringes I will use them and I will order the 0,3 ml syringes from Amazon tomorrow.

You guys are great thanks so much man

I will open a thread labout my daily dose later...

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching