Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

Been looking into Telmisartan recently. Anyone ever use it and have any anecdotes/ info on it? TIA
I have been using it for a couple of years. Control my BP really well with zero side effects. In theory it has some extra perks to it

I was on losartan before and made me really tired.

Gman86

I have been using it for a couple of years. Control my BP really well with zero side effects. In theory it has some extra perks to it

I was on losartan before and made me really tired.

Ya the more research I do on it the more impressed I am by it. Seems like one of those things that are too good to be true. Here’s some benefits that I’ve come across

-Decreases BP
-Lowers LDL cholesterol and triglycerides
-Decreases visceral fat
-Decreases general fat accumulation while maintaining the same amount of calories
-Increases nitric oxide production
-Decreases fluid retention
-Increases overall cardiovascular health
-Improves glucose tolerance
-Reverses left ventricular hypertrophy
-Decreases kidney stress
-Possibly lowers HCT levels

Last edited:

Gman86

What is your rationale for looking into this chemical? I thought you always had healthy blood pressure?

Ya my BP tends to always be in a good range. Usually around 110/60. Lately my systolic BP has been hovering a little higher tho, around 120-130. Diastolic remains around 60. This isn’t why I’m interested in it tho. I’m interested in the potential it has for decreasing bloat/ water weight. I’ve been trying to get HGH to work for me, but seems like even at 2iu’s/ day I can’t get the finger tingling/ numbness to go away. It wakes me up sometimes at night, and effects grip when working out

Vtail

What dose do u take per day? Do u just get it prescribed and insurance covers it?
80mg/day, prescribed through insurance.

Regarding the other potential benefits you listed, I did not experience any of them. That doesn't mean they weren't there, but I did not notice any improvement in those areas.

Gman86

80mg/day, prescribed through insurance.

Regarding the other potential benefits you listed, I did not experience any of them. That doesn't mean they weren't there, but I did not notice any improvement in those areas.

Did u have any noticeable bloating/ water weight to begin with tho? That’s the I’m hoping it helps with the most

Gman86

So makes sense why u wouldn’t notice it decrease if u didn’t have it to begin with lol. But we’ll see. Obv if it doesn’t help decrease water weight/ bloat I’ll just drop it. Heard really good things about it tho, in regards to that and many other things. Some people swear by it like some people do about metformin. Meaning that a lot of people take it for it’s many healthy benefits, even if they aren’t trying to lower BP. Same with metformin. Some people swear by it for its “anti-aging/ longevity” benefits, regardless if they have issues with blood glucose control/ insulin sensitivity or not.

JA Battle

So makes sense why u wouldn’t notice it decrease if u didn’t have it to begin with lol. But we’ll see. Obv if it doesn’t help decrease water weight/ bloat I’ll just drop it. Heard really good things about it tho, in regards to that and many other things. Some people swear by it like some people do about metformin. Meaning that a lot of people take it for it’s many healthy benefits, even if they aren’t trying to lower BP. Same with metformin. Some people swear by it for its “anti-aging/ longevity” benefits, regardless if they have issues with blood glucose control/ insulin sensitivity or not.
Any update on water retention?

Gman86

Any update on water retention?

I ended up only taking it for like 8 days. Got up to 60mg/ day. Think I felt fine on it, and my BP came down to a really good level, and I think I dropped a few lbs, but nothing super noticeable water retention wise. But I overthink everything, and I came across this site with a bunch of Telmisartan reviews. Some were really good, but the ones that were really bad freaked me out. So I ended up stopping it. I still might end up taking it at a low dose. I have a ton of it, so would hate to see it all go to waste, but the way my brain works I can’t ignore the reviews that were really really bad. My brain sucks sometimes lol. Here’s the site I’m referring to

GreenMachineX

I ended up only taking it for like 8 days. Got up to 60mg/ day. Think I felt fine on it, and my BP came down to a really good level, and I think I dropped a few lbs, but nothing super noticeable water retention wise. But I overthink everything, and I came across this site with a bunch of Telmisartan reviews. Some were really good, but the ones that were really bad freaked me out. So I ended up stopping it. I still might end up taking it at a low dose. I have a ton of it, so would hate to see it all go to waste, but the way my brain works I can’t ignore the reviews that were really really bad. My brain sucks sometimes lol. Here’s the site I’m referring to

Have you tried it again? I've been on 40mg for several years, maybe 5.

Gman86

Have you tried it again? I've been on 40mg for several years, maybe 5.
No I haven’t. I’m dialing in my current protocol, and once I settle in on all my dosages, I want to see where my BP sits. And if it’s higher than where I like it to be I’ll add in the Telmisartan at 20mg/ day, and titrate up as needed until my BP is where I like it

GreenMachineX

No I haven’t. I’m dialing in my current protocol, and once I settle in on all my dosages, I want to see where my BP sits. And if it’s higher than where I like it to be I’ll add in the Telmisartan at 20mg/ day, and titrate up as needed until my BP is where I like it
Gotcha. Well, it's been great for me. Something I need to remember when I say this, the reviews we read online are more likely to be negative because the good ones just go about their lives.

BigTex

Here is a study I found the other day

"The blood pressure-lowering capabilities of telmisartan were comparable to valsartan in monotherapy. When combined with hydrochlorothiazide, telmisartan was more effective than valsartan. Telmisartan had the same safety in the treatment of essential hypertensive patients compared with valsartan."

Zheng Z, Lin S, Shi H. A systematic review and meta-analysis of telmisartan vs valsartan in the management of essential hypertension. 2010. In: Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE): Quality-assessed Reviews [Internet]. York (UK): Centre for Reviews and Dissemination (UK); 1995-. Available from: A systematic review and meta-analysis of telmisartan vs valsartan in the management of essential hypertension - Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE): Quality-assessed Reviews - NCBI Bookshelf

This came off GoodRX

Which Is Best: Losartan, Olmesartan, or Telmisartan?

On top of lowering blood pressure, telmisartan provides two other benefits: lowering blood sugar levels (by improving insulin sensitivity) and lowering cholesterol levels. The added blood sugar benefit sets telmisartan apart from olmesartan and losartan.

Both telmisartan and olmesartan lower cholesterol levels, but compared to olmesartan, telmisartan is better at lowering LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels.

Biobro

Telmisartan is very overhyped in my opinion.
I used it couple years ago, for 6-months 80mg day. Its very mild, zero reduction in blood pressure, gained little bit fat, also caused joint/muscle pains. And despite it reduces visceral fat, it causes subq fat gain, so its trade off.
It also depletes ubiquinol levels, and inhibits nitric oxide production.

Last edited:

BigTex

Blood pressure medication I am sure is very individual. I have systolic hypertension so the top medication for that is an ARB. I have tried them all and none were effective. I know quite a few guys who are not on TRT and just using steroids for athletic purposes and they all recommended the Telmisartan. My average blood pressure has dropped almost 15 points since I started.

As for the study, since ARBs are all very similar except the half-life I would guess that all of them may have this effect on rats. I would feel much better if there was a comparison and the same result found in humans. Interesting read though, thanks!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me