24/7 face and upper chest flushing

Buy Lab Tests Online

blinkyvx

last HCT was 53% and donated last on 9/23/19 whole blood.
-Flushing did not change AT ALL since donation.
-cant recall if flushing was prior to TRT therapy as well [ hard to find photos]

not even sure its hormone or blood related at this point.

any ideas?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Michael1973

-cant recall if flushing was prior to TRT therapy as well [ hard to find photos]

any ideas?
I have the same issue as well. Donated blood about a month ago and flushing is still there.HCT was 51 at time of donation. Just had new labs this week and will be interested to see if this is estrogen related or not. I’m currently on 180mg of test per week split up into two doses and 5,000 iu of HCG twice per week.

antelopers

I have the same issue as well. Donated blood about a month ago and flushing is still there.HCT was 51 at time of donation. Just had new labs this week and will be interested to see if this is estrogen related or not. I’m currently on 180mg of test per week split up into two doses and 5,000 iu of HCG twice per week.
That's a fuckload of HCG. Might have something to do with it.

blinkyvx

mine was present prior to TRT i beleive but i had not noticed it. Donating blood also did nothing.

I've done some reading, and estrogen and flushing do come up, so does histamine, and some other diseases. It doesnt look like roseaca, or lupus, or eczema ...

xqfq

I've been trying to figure out why some guys get this on TRT.

My current best guess is that it has to do with the vasodilation properties of testosterone:

The vasodilatory action of testosterone: a potassium-channel opening or a calcium antagonistic action?

According to this paper, this appear to be independent of estradiol.

Popular theories are: Blood pressure, hematocrit, estradiol. But you see all kinds of guys with the reddish skin, including really well renowned doctors who wouldn't be walking around with high blood pressure or hematocrit (in all likelihood).

xqfq

Based on what I've read on this post (Hematocrit, TRT --> systemic vascular resistance response), the body's response to higher hematocrit is vasodilation (or a BP increase), so maybe having high hematocrit actually is a factor here.

I've definitely read reports here of guys who reported being "beet red" at higher hematocrit numbers.

Do people living at high altitude have redder skin?

A ton of these TRT docs have/had red skin. Dr. Robert Stevens, Dr. Thomas O'Connor, Dr. Crisler..

Blackhawk

From your other thread:

ive been on TRT since 3/23/19
-200mg for a week now doing Daily shots for 6 weeks as well.

And your HCT 53?

Blood letting a unit at 53 isn't enough to put you back in normal range. reduction is in the range of around 1.9%/unit.

I went through the same on 150/wk and after a single donation could not donate again due to low Ferritin. RBC lifespan is around 120 days. It took that long with dosage reduction to bring HCT in control for me. I am now on 84mg/week

Last edited:

captain

Some protein shakes and bars have niacin in them and that can cause the flushing. If your not doing those you are probably on a large dose of T and that will cause it and the HCT 53.

stmiuzzo21

any ideas?
What is your diagnosis - primary, secondary (central), tertiary, or hypogonadotropic hypogonadism?
Do you have any other health conditions that may coincide with your condition such as erectile dysfunction, acute cardiac syndrome, peripheral arterial disease, polycythemia, cardiovascular disease, etc.?
What testosterone are you taking? What is your TRT protocol?
Are you only taking testosterone or are you taking any other hormones? Arimidex (anastrozole), hCG, Clomid?
Are you taking any peptides? SARMS? Supplements?
Cannot give an answer without knowing all the facts.

stmiuzzo21

You're on a lot of testosterone which might not be necessary. Try taking your doses every 4 days. Try reducing your testosterone to 160 mg (0.80 mL) every 8 days or 80 mg (0.40 mL) every 4 days. I'm assuming you're taking Testosterone Cypionate 200 mg/1.0 mL.

Michael1973

Thanks for the input!My starting dosage on TRT was 80mg(0.40mL) every four days. The flushing was present then as well. Lowering dose may be what is needed. Also wondering if this side effect could just come with the territory for some guys.

blinkyvx

What is your diagnosis - primary, secondary (central), tertiary, or hypogonadotropic hypogonadism?
Do you have any other health conditions that may coincide with your condition such as erectile dysfunction, acute cardiac syndrome, peripheral arterial disease, polycythemia, cardiovascular disease, etc.?
What testosterone are you taking? What is your TRT protocol?
Are you only taking testosterone or are you taking any other hormones? Arimidex (anastrozole), hCG, Clomid?
Are you taking any peptides? SARMS? Supplements?
Cannot give an answer without knowing all the facts.

I was never told diagnosis, wish i knew... never had LSH/FH checked prior to starting treatment...
Only other issue im aware, high cholesterol

Only Cyp -200mg/week and daily injections 28mg a day cypionate

-can't recall if this all started before or during treatment, but i believe it was present prior. I use to get flushed face with high histamine foods, i.e deli meats etc.

trans dermal vit methyl b12 12mg a day
b1 20mg 2xa day
b2 100mg a day
[these im deficient in from other tests.]

hcg 250IU 2x a week
no peptides or SARMS
ty for help

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men