1st Time on TRT; 1st Test Results. Thoughts

Buy Lab Tests Online
So finally after years of suffering from low T, I decided to start TRT last month, I chose to go with bioidentical pellet therapy to start based on the doctor and his background and knowledge of of hormone therapy. I had 9 200 mg pellets inserted 34 days ago. I just got back my 30 day labs and wanted to get some feedback from some of you guys. I know its only been 30 days, but so far here is a summary of my time on TRT. I

Sleep hasn't really improved, but its hard to tell with two small children that make sleep difficult with any hormone level
Strength and energy in the gym has improved a lot. Lifting heavier and better recovery
I have lost a little around my midsection, but I also feel bloated on some days. I ordered some daledelion root pills today to see if they help.
Mood has improved some, but I have been very short tempered this week
Libido has improved slightly. No morning wood. I know this may take a while.

Here are my pre therapy labs and my 30 day results below. Thanks for any feedback. I appreciate everyone on this forum as a place to go for feedback.

Attachments

• 30 Day Labs.pdf
    219.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Before TRT Labs.pdf
    372 KB · Views: 64
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Hey @joetown2001

Did you know that you may be in the early stages of Hashimoto's?

Why did the doctor think you may have primary biliary cirrhosis?

Your baseline ferritin was low. Any potential internal bleeds or iron deficiency?

After a month, your low hematocrit looks low. I would investigate bleeds for sure.

Why did the doctor not check your thyroid values at day 30?

May be you need to give us more information!

Systemlord

Iron is needed for the creation of hematocrit and hemoglobin, part of the benfits of TRT. It's common for the hemoglobin to be low in iron deficiency.

There are all sorts of metabolic abnormalities when iron is low. I've been iron deficient twice on TRT and there was no perceived benefit when my iron was low.

It was as if I wasn't even on the TRT at all.

Pellet therapy is popular among doctors for one reason and one reason only, it makes a ton of money.

If your doctor didn't comment or address the low ferritin, this is what they call a red flag.

Last edited:
Hey @joetown2001

Did you know that you may be in the early stages of Hashimoto's?

Why did the doctor think you may have primary biliary cirrhosis?

Your baseline ferritin was low. Any potential internal bleeds or iron deficiency?

After a month, your low hematocrit looks low. I would investigate bleeds for sure.

Why did the doctor not check your thyroid values at day 30?

May be you need to give us more information!
I have an internal hemorrhoid that bleeds somewhat regularly and o need to get it taken care of. He did suggest o take an iron supplement. I haven’t started one. Any amount you guys suggest? I have my follow up on Friday.

Systemlord

He did suggest o take an iron supplement. I haven’t started one.
I take 140mg chelate iron which is better absorbed than iron ferrous sulfate which can have a lot of side effects.

You may need a little more since this is my maintenance dosage. When I was iron deficient I took 250mg split up 3x daily which is about the norm for someone with ID.

Once you get the ferritin 100>, you then switch to a maintenance dosage, otherwise together with your internal hemorrhoid bleeding and being on TRT which uses up more iron than someone not on replacement therapy, iron/ferritin will plummet again.

Last edited:
I take 140mg chelate iron which is better absorbed than iron ferrous sulfate which can have a lot of side effects.

You may need a little more since this is my maintenance dosage. When I was iron deficient I took 250mg split up 3x daily which is about the norm for someone with ID.

Once you get the ferritin 100>, you then switch to a maintenance dosage, otherwise together with your internal hemorrhoid bleeding and being on TRT which uses up more iron than someone not on replacement therapy, iron/ferritin will plummet again.
Thanks for the advice. What brand do you use?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have an internal hemorrhoid that bleeds somewhat regularly and o need to get it taken care of. He did suggest o take an iron supplement. I haven’t started one. Any amount you guys suggest? I have my follow up on Friday.
Could you ask your doctor to give you a copy of your CBC panel before TRT? I want to see hematocrit.

How long did you do the 250mg a day regimen before you tested your ferritin again?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

The Vitamin Shoppe brand, the 28mg to be precise and the 25 mg is for those who have sensitive GI.
Ok. So I took two tablets (36 mg each) last night before bed to start because they didn’t arrive from Amazon until around 8PM. I was up half the night with diarrhea. Any suggestions?

Systemlord

I was up half the night with diarrhea. Any suggestions?
You should be supplementing vitamin D because there will be gut issues (IBS/diarrhea) with low levels. Taking the vitamin D with food, fats will increase absorption.

Did you take the iron on an empty stomach?

Also what is your A1C?

Last edited:
You should be supplementing vitamin D because there will be gut issues (IBS/diarrhea) with low levels. Taking the vitamin D with food, fats will increase absorption.

Also what is your A1C?
I ate dinner around 6, took the iron a little before 8. I am taking 10000 IU of D a day because it was very low pre TRT. Up to 53.1 after 4 weeks of supplementation. I don’t have an A1c score.

Also what is your A1C?
I ate dinner around 6, took the iron a little before 8. I am taking 10000 IU of D a day because it was very low pre TRT. Up to 53.1 after 4 weeks of supplementation.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me