1st post need advice

Buy Lab Tests Online

J71

Hello all,

New to the site and would really appreciate any input you all have. I have been on TRT for 3 months now and have had mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I have more energy and workouts feel much easier. On the flip side I feel different psychologically. The best way I can describe it is that I cant get out of my head. I usually can connect with my gut and inner feelings a lot easier. Since being on testosterone I have had a hard time connecting in a deeper way. I know that sounds kinda weird, but it is hard to describe. Has anyone else experienced this? Was it due to something other than testosterone? Thyroid maybe?

I am currently on 120 mg a week (60 mg twice weekly). That’s it, no HCG or AI. The only labs that we have done since starting were total test which was 894 (264-916) and estradiol which was 31.2 (7.6-42.6).

Any thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Its the wrong Estrogen test, men should only be using the (Ultra) Sensitive LC/MS/MS test, so you need to start using that. If your Dr resists it's a sign you need a new Dr. Too that point also, not testing for Free T is a huge red flag, as is SHBG. I don't think there's much else we could say at this point as with out those you can't have a even a fair insight to what's going on for you.

J71

Its the wrong Estrogen test, men should only be using the (Ultra) Sensitive LC/MS/MS test, so you need to start using that. If your Dr resists it's a sign you need a new Dr. Too that point also, not testing for Free T is a huge red flag, as is SHBG. I don't think there's much else we could say at this point as with out those you can't have a even a fair insight to what's going on for you.
Thank you very much for that information. I am going in next Monday, so I will bring this to his attention.

blackebob

I am not an expert, those guys will ask you to post your labs pre/post start. you should do that if you want answers. Me, I go off of pre TRT symptoms.... sex sucked, I felt like crap, and I looked like crap, I have the energy of a snail, thus maybe I should get my T level checked, IF I am brave enough to ask the doctor. What was your reason to start?

J71

I started for a lot of the same reasons you did. The most noticeable effects that I wanted to correct were fatigue and just overall low energy. Since starting TRT my energy has been great, but brain fog and anxiety have gone up. It’s a bit of a roller coaster emotionally, but I am confident that if I can get my doc to get the right tests and figure out how to get dialed in it can be overall a great thing. It’s unfortunate though that sometimes we as patients need to be the ones doing the research and leading the docs in the right direction.

madman

Super Moderator
I started for a lot of the same reasons you did. The most noticeable effects that I wanted to correct were fatigue and just overall low energy. Since starting TRT my energy has been great, but brain fog and anxiety have gone up. It’s a bit of a roller coaster emotionally, but I am confident that if I can get my doc to get the right tests and figure out how to get dialed in it can be overall a great thing. It’s unfortunate though that sometimes we as patients need to be the ones doing the research and leading the docs in the right direction.

Do you have pre-trt labs to post?

Did you even have your thyroid tested?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale