10 Year Zero Carb Carnivore Veteran Loses Weight and Shares Healing Story

Buy Lab Tests Online

MarcoFL

My A1C runs 5.1 and fasting glucose around 80. Just did not feel good eating any amount of carbs especially if I at any chocolate and glucose would stay high for hours 120-130 so just figured cut the carbs. I weigh about 175, 5ft 10 and maybe 17% BF. My only issue is retired and tend to drink wine every night now so being very cautious on other things.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sergel

I always find it funny how people go into cognitive dissonance when we shake their food beliefs... like religion, food is a belief system with very little science behind it... Mostly epidemiological studies that actually prove shite...

Just try it... been on Carnivore for a year now... and holy shit, this diet rocks and I have tried just about everything... I went to zero carb from keto on a dare... being a little sceptical at first... telling myself I would adjust if I feel the need... and never had to...

I do believe that our best metabolic state is low carb... that is, the one closest to our natural state. Food was not always that plentiful and we sure were not constructed to eat that amount of plants... Also, all these new food products such as seed oils, processed carbs of all sorts and fake sugars are really quite new and pretty much coincide with the start of our chronic metabolic issues... This low fat bullshit is killing us, especially the plant based fats...

Your mileage might vary, but before calling out people for being fake, why don't you do a little digging... You will find a lot of emerging data on Carnivore...

Is meat exclusivity the solution? Maybe not, it's a little extreme and not for everyone, but for sure I think that the actual optimal diet is built around mostly animal products...

Your mileage might vary...

baughts

I always find it funny how people go into cognitive dissonance when we shake their food beliefs... like religion, food is a belief system with very little science behind it... Mostly epidemiological studies that actually prove shite...

Just try it... been on Carnivore for a year now... and holy shit, this diet rocks and I have tried just about everything... I went to zero carb from keto on a dare... being a little sceptical at first... telling myself I would adjust if I feel the need... and never had to...

I do believe that our best metabolic state is low carb... that is, the one closest to our natural state. Food was not always that plentiful and we sure were not constructed to eat that amount of plants... Also, all these new food products such as seed oils, processed carbs of all sorts and fake sugars are really quite new and pretty much coincide with the start of our chronic metabolic issues... This low fat bullshit is killing us, especially the plant based fats...

Your mileage might vary, but before calling out people for being fake, why don't you do a little digging... You will find a lot of emerging data on Carnivore...

Is meat exclusivity the solution? Maybe not, it's a little extreme and not for everyone, but for sure I think that the actual optimal diet is built around mostly animal products...

baughts

I did not read all the posts but I know everyone has there own idea of a healthy diet but a fact is we are one of the most unhealthy nations in the world, just look around you. Over 10 years ago my wife and I cut out sugar and wheat from our diet. The results were we both lost 40plus lbs. each, my wife got off blood pressure and diabetes meds but I am sure anyone in the med field would say you need to change your diet. We eat lots of meat and fat, mostly saturated fat among other low carb foods. Think about it do you think medical/pharm wants you to be healthy.

CROM

Some of my friends family members, some of my family and plenty of people I’ve met from managing a pharmacy for 15 years have lived between 95 and 110 years. Not one did a carnivore diet. I’ve always had an obsession about asking them the kinda diet they followed to reach that age.

They ate 100% all natural foods, mostly plant based diet such as fruits, nuts, beans, bread and vegetables, very little candy (if ever) and relatively small amounts of diary, chicken or meat because they didn’t have grocery stores… they raised their own food or were to poor to afford to buy much food.

Plus, these people ate much fewer calories, like maybe 1800 per day or much less. They also got a lot more exercise then people today.

My brother did a carnivore diet…he had a heart attack within 2 years. He did lose a lot of weight though.

Seems like all the people from the old days lived longer. Only problem was they would die from simple things like a lack of antibiotic.

Vince

Super Moderator
Some of my friends family members, some of my family and plenty of people I’ve met from managing a pharmacy for 15 years have lived between 95 and 110 years. Not one did a carnivore diet. I’ve always had an obsession about asking them the kinda diet they followed to reach that age.

They ate 100% all natural foods, mostly plant based diet such as fruits, nuts, beans, bread and vegetables, very little candy (if ever) and relatively small amounts of diary, chicken or meat because they didn’t have grocery stores… they raised their own food or were to poor to afford to buy much food.

Plus, these people ate much fewer calories, like maybe 1800 per day or much less. They also got a lot more exercise then people today.

My brother did a carnivore diet…he had a heart attack within 2 years. He did lose a lot of weight though.

Seems like all the people from the old days lived longer. Only problem was they would die from simple things like a lack of antibiotic.
Corn and beans were common, along with pork. In the north, cows provided milk, butter, and beef, while in the south, where cattle were less common, venison and other game provided meat. Preserving food in 1815, before the era of refrigeration, required smoking, drying, or salting meat.

What Did People Eat In The 1800s? - Ancestry Blog

CROM

That kinda contradicts what I’ve heard from people who actually lived long. Many people I’ve spoken to also came from different parts of the world where diets were different. One thing is for sure, they all seemed to eat very little sugar but were big on fiber, fruits and vegetables. Beef and chicken was more of a luxury. People also ate much less calories. Lots of people I met also refined their diet over the years where many eliminated meat and reduced chicken in favor of vegetables and fruits and fish. Corn was big but in comparison corn is in almost everything we eat now.

But pretty much every doctor will agree that a Mediterranean “diet” is the way to go. I’ve also heard 2 different cardiologist suggest this. Not only is it the healthiest in their opinion, it is the most sustainable.

Guided_by_Voices

But pretty much every doctor will agree that a Mediterranean “diet” is the way to go. I’ve also heard 2 different cardiologist suggest this.

This touches on several of my pet peeves. First, the real mediterranean diet, at least to the extent that it still exists, is quite different than the politically correct (AKA wrong) version described by Doctors and cardiologists in North America. If you actually watch people in Italy and Spain eat one of the first things you notice is that they eat very little for breakfast, perhaps some coffee and cheese and meat. No bowls of oatmeal and cereal, let alone pancakes and waffles. And if you do a search for the central market in Cadiz Spain, to pick one example, yes, you'll see every imaginable type of fish, but you'll also see plenty of meat. What you won't see is any significant amount of wheat product.

Mainstream western Doctors and Cardiologists on the other hand are fighting tooth and nail to stop the trend toward diets that shift metabolism away from problematic foods like wheat and toward at least a balance between fat and sugar in the metabolism. They also continue to stress eating breakfast when eliminating breakfast is the easiest way for most people to reduce calories and up-regulate fat burning.

Another aspect of all long-lived regions is plenty of sunlight which western doctors also fight against. So...I wouldn't necessarily take up smoking, but Doctors and Cardiologists would never qualify as good sources of diet information out in the real world where results matter. If you look at the people who have made the most positive diet impacts in the last 30 years (people like Gary Taubes, Paul Jaminet, Mark Sisson, Loren Cordain, Chris MAsterjohn, Ben Greenfield, etc.) most are not medical Doctors although a brave few like Mike and Mary Dan Eades, Eric Westman, William Davis and some others are, however the AMA and all other major medical groups have fought against them.

The issue is not whether the Carnivore diet is ideal for everyone, but rather that there are many people who see dramatic health improvements on it after having tried virtually every other diet, and that the plant-based mantra wildly understates the issues plants can create and wildly overstates issues with meat.

Guided_by_Voices

I only read the second one (the title is actually sort-of right if the O6's are naturally occurring, which is not the case with seed oils) but almost every sentence is a half-truth, a lie-by-omission, or some other distortion. It's very sad that there are people who are trying to be healthy who trust such nonsense ( I used to be one of them.) The health "authorities" can't even keep their lies straight since they endorse something they call the Mediterranean diet which even today is almost totally devoid of seed oils.

Vince

Super Moderator
I only read the second one (the title is actually sort-of right if the O6's are naturally occurring, which is not the case with seed oils) but almost every sentence is a half-truth, a lie-by-omission, or some other distortion. It's very sad that there are people who are trying to be healthy who trust such nonsense ( I used to be one of them.) The health "authorities" can't even keep their lies straight since they endorse something they call the Mediterranean diet which even today is almost totally devoid of seed oils.
The only oil I use is Olive, avocado, fish and MCT.

Vince

Super Moderator
Another Crazy carnivore story...

By eating just beef and water this woman (Emily) has lost over 100 lbs. in less than a year, she has solved her mental health issues that plagued her since age 14, and she has cured her debilitating MS (or certainly put it into remission).

fifty

I think the bottom line is that there is simply great benefit to getting rid of junk food and unnecessary carbs.

If you can get someone to eat only meat and vegetables & fruit(moderate amounts) it helps a lot of issues.

Guided_by_Voices

meatrx.com (formerly meatheals.com) has a good compilation of carnivore experiences. I thought it was particularly noteworthy the number of people who had obscure, "incurable" nerve and auto-immune issues resolve or improve. Even if it causes some other problem over the longer term, I'm sure those people would gladly trade that for the improved quality of life they get in the meantime.

MarcoFL

Vince, thank you for the info! Crazy to see what it does! I am on Keto and leaning to carnivore. My wife is 55 eats meat all the time and looks amazing with beautiful skin. She weighs about same as when we married 37 years ago.

tropicaldaze1950

tropicaldaze1950

From what I've read of evolutionary biology, our ancient ancestors ate more carbs, whether tubers or fruit. Protein might have come from eating insects. Meat wasn't an everyday meal. That said, I've spoken with a young woman on Twitter who has bipolar and has found that a pure carnivore diet stabilized her moods and has allowed her to be functional, again. Ketosis. The ketogenic diet for intractable epilepsy has been around for 75 years and it has some efficacy for bipolar, as well diabetes.

On the other side, you have Matt Stone(180 Degree Health) who resolved many health problems by eating a super high carb diet, the operating principle being that it raises your resting metabolic rate and improves thyroid function. Ultimately, if something works and doesn't seem to be making things worse, then you stick with it. Many of us are lab rats, myself included, and I believe that's a good thing. Most doctors either don't know what to do or don't want to bother.

tropicaldaze1950

Vince, thank you for the info! Crazy to see what it does! I am on Keto and leaning to carnivore. My wife is 55 eats meat all the time and looks amazing with beautiful skin. She weighs about same as when we married 37 years ago.
Mark, how are you bowel movements? Not asking to be funny. I've read that some people quit it because of constipation. How long did it take for you to acclimate to the diet? Thanks.
Another Crazy carnivore story...

By eating just beef and water this woman (Emily) has lost over 100 lbs. in less than a year, she has solved her mental health issues that plagued her since age 14, and she has cured her debilitating MS (or certainly put it into remission).

In another post, here, I mention a young woman I've talked with on Twitter who has bipolar who transitioned to a carnivore diet and she says it stabilized her and allowed her to function, again. There's a psychiatrist in Boston, Emily Deans, who recommends a paleo diet for many of her patients, though she also prescribes meds as needed. There's something to it. Is it for everyone or can one easily adjust to it, I don't know.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me