10 Year Zero Carb Carnivore Veteran Loses Weight and Shares Healing Story

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
In this video, Kelly Hogan talks about all things Carnivore! Kelly has been carnivore for over 10 years! Some of us fear going zero carbohydrate carnivore for long term because of the potential unknowns and dangers to health. Though it may be anecdotal, here’s one of many personal shares that say, not only can you do this long term, you can do it for years and thrive.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
1577282841995.png

SilverSurfer

Most of these people eventually get exposed as charlatans and frauds. She claims she no longer needs to work out either. Of course she admits she hasn’t done any bone scans as carnivore diets tend to accelerate osteoporosis. But dubiously, she relates the story of one of her followers who has done the scan, and is “ok”.

I’m sorry but when you are making exceptional claims, against all current nutritional understanding, the burden of proof is on those making the claims.

Sadly, people actually believe con artists like this. She’s not “low carb” she’s “no carb”. None of her ramblings are remotely scientific but buzzwords, bro science, and pseudo nutrition taken to an absurd tangent. I’ve seen so many fad diets come and go, only to resurface again 20 years later to sell books and other nonsense to a new generation of suckers.

Paul M

Ketosis really works. Much better than some grapefruit or cabbage shite diet. The West could do with going on some type of low carb diet, especially in the USA. The cereal, bakery and biscuit manufacturers have brainwashed whole nations into thinking high carb diets are the way forward. Even the UK's ''Eatwell Guide'' which is what we're supposed to adhere to is a load of shite.

The sugar craze in the West is costing us billions in medical treatment and has no doubt terminated more lives earlier than should have been the case than both world wars combined.

Last edited:

SilverSurfer

There’s a massive difference between cutting out refined sugars and carbs, low carb, and what this woman is claiming. She’s claiming “no carb” and “no gym” while eating 8, yes EIGHT f’ing McDonald Quarter LBers a day, so much so she is know as “Quarter Mom”. She claims to eat mainly hamburger and bacon. If you think that’s healthy for 100% of your food intake for a decade, I DARE YOU to try it. I’ll pay up at your funeral.

Vince

Super Moderator
I believe there are many people like her, carb addicts. She struggled on a low-carb diet, always craving carbs. I'm sure when she was so overweight, it was killing her. Now ten years on zero carbs, three pregnancies, three healthy babies and breastfed all of them. Is she going to have health issues as she ages? Will the typical person on the typical American diet have health issues as they age?

Paul M

There’s a massive difference between cutting out refined sugars and carbs, low carb, and what this woman is claiming. She’s claiming “no carb” and “no gym” while eating 8, yes EIGHT f’ing McDonald Quarter LBers a day, so much so she is know as “Quarter Mom”. She claims to eat mainly hamburger and bacon. If you think that’s healthy for 100% of your food intake for a decade, I DARE YOU to try it. I’ll pay up at your funeral.

I'll pass on that one lol. It doesn't seem like a healthy diet at all but she looks amazing compared to her first picture; that's assuming she really is on this diet and not deceiving us. A few veggies wouldn't go amiss in her diet, though carnivore diets have helped many in the short and mid-term for health and weight issues. I think the human body is highly adaptable, though I'd like to see her full blood panel for any underlying issues on such a diet.

DragonBits

I believe there are many people like her, carb addicts. She struggled on a low-carb diet, always craving carbs. I'm sure when she was so overweight, it was killing her. Now ten years on zero carbs, three pregnancies, three healthy babies and breastfed all of them. Is she going to have health issues as she ages? Will the typical person on the typical American diet have health issues as they age?

What about all the studies that indicate being a little overweight contributes to a longer life?

As they said, “it’s almost indisputable that the correlation exists,” the correlation to being a little overweight as being protective of your health.

It seems ideal BMI to live longer is 23.6-26.7!

Could a Few Extra Pounds Help You Live Longer?

1577378633047.png

Guided_by_Voices

What about all the studies that indicate being a little overweight contributes to a longer life?

Likely an indicator of better income or some other variable, not necessarily a benefit of excess fat, although it could be an indicator of greater muscle mass which is well-known to contribute to longer life. It would also depend on adipose fat vs visceral fat. Bottom line, stay lean but not starvation lean so that you can survive a serious infection. Eliminate visceral/midsection fat. Stay muscular. Don't think being "overfat" is a benefit. Avoid acting on dubious correlations. Correlation really isn't causality. Don't trust studies and especially observation studies and especially observation studies using BMI.

DragonBits

Likely an indicator of better income or some other variable, not necessarily a benefit of excess fat, although it could be an indicator of greater muscle mass which is well-known to contribute to longer life. It would also depend on adipose fat vs visceral fat. Bottom line, stay lean but not starvation lean so that you can survive a serious infection. Eliminate visceral/midsection fat. Stay muscular. Don't think being "overfat" is a benefit. Avoid acting on dubious correlations. Correlation really isn't causality. Don't trust studies and especially observation studies and especially observation studies using BMI.

Overfat is kind of subjective and includes obese, which is clearly not healthy. There are a lot of studies about being a little overweight after 45 being healthful to your longevity.

But I have an open mind, what studies are you relying on to convince one that being lean is better for a longer life?

Vince

Super Moderator

As they said, “it’s almost indisputable that the correlation exists,” the correlation to being a little overweight as being protective of your health.

It seems ideal BMI to live longer is 23.6-26.7!

Could a Few Extra Pounds Help You Live Longer?

View attachment 8907
Yes, I have seen the studies. I'm not saying this woman is healthy. I believe she more healthy then when she was obese.

I just find her interesting.

Guided_by_Voices

What studies? None. Studies, especially observational ones, are of such low quality to be usually worse than worthless. I use, logic, evidence, and risk/reward.

When people think of higher BMI they usually mean higher body fat, so if that was driving longer (and presumably healthier) life, there should be a known mechanism, however almost all the mechanisms I am aware of are negative. Fat, especially visceral fat, apparently increases inflammatory signaling, and since excess inflammation seems to be one of the ways the body tries to kill itself as part of aging, we certainly want to err on the side of low inflammation.

Even if you had some relatively benign adipose fat, it becomes harder to see if you're adding visceral fat if there is adipose fat covering it up. This is one of many arguments against so-called metabolically healthy obesity. And 10-15 pounds of extra fat of any kind is going to multiply the force on the knee/hip/ankle joints when doing youthful activities such as basketball or even tennis. Not good.

A bit of fat is likely a good defense against a serious illness that precludes eating a lot, however fat is so energy-dense that I doubt you need enough to significantly raise BMI to have that benefit.

Extra muscle is desirable for a number of reasons (e.g. myokines, maintaining healthy activity levels, injury prevention and recovery) and would raise BMI, but that does not argue against leanness except to the degree that it's easier to add muscle if a small amount of fat is added as well, presumably as a signal that the body is in a state of abundance.

From a practical standpoint, there is more evidence all the time that true multi-day fasting from time to time has many longevity and health benefits, and to maintain much extra bodyfat may be difficult for everyone but endomorphs if fasting is part of one's eating pattern.

While I think the benefits of so-called calorie restriction are overstated and also partially based on dubious "science", there is also likely something to it, so if someone is proposing that chronic overfeeding is somehow a good thing, then the conflict with CR would need to be reconciled. I'm not aware of anything that does this other than noting as I did above that extreme leanness likely puts one at risk for death from infection.

Higher BMI could be correlated with lots of other good things such as better nutrient status, however the action there is to improve your nutrient status, not raise body fat.

Even if endomorphs have some longevity benefit (perhaps that body type is correlated with some other benefit) that does not mean that ectomorphs would benefit from adding fat, especially since they, in my observation, seem to be especially prone to visceral fat. Yet another reason that correlation studies are almost never actionable.

So the bottom line is that the best evidence suggests that if you want to raise your BMI by adding muscle (while also pursing intermittent down-regulation of growth mechanisms like mTOR such as by fasting and rapamycin) then go for it, it is almost certainly a benefit. But trying to add a significant amount of extra fat is most likely going to shorten your life and more importantly, distract you from doing other things that might have actually helped, even if it raises your BMI to correlate with supposedly greater longevity.

Vince

Super Moderator
For the past few years, the "obesity paradox" has been getting a lot of attention. It began when several studies suggested that people who packed on the pounds with age lived longer than those who stayed thin. But the research didn't properly account for factors such as cigarette smoking or an underlying serious illness that can trigger weight loss and contribute to an early demise.

An analysis of studies that followed 1.5 million Americans over time may finally resolve the issue (New England Journal of Medicine, Dec. 2, 2010). After excluding smokers and people with underlying illnesses, the researchers found that the death rate across various age categories was lowest for people whose body mass index (BMI*) was in the normal range (20 to 24.9), and then increased steadily with BMI. People who were morbidly obese (a BMI of 40 or greater) were 2.5 times more likely to have died during the study period than those who maintained a normal weight. Of interest to Heart Letter readers, cardiovascular disease was the most common cause of death among people who were overweight or obese.

Stay lean, live longer - Harvard Health

DragonBits

For the past few years, the "obesity paradox" has been getting a lot of attention. It began when several studies suggested that people who packed on the pounds with age lived longer than those who stayed thin. But the research didn't properly account for factors such as cigarette smoking or an underlying serious illness that can trigger weight loss and contribute to an early demise.

An analysis of studies that followed 1.5 million Americans over time may finally resolve the issue (New England Journal of Medicine, Dec. 2, 2010). After excluding smokers and people with underlying illnesses, the researchers found that the death rate across various age categories was lowest for people whose body mass index (BMI*) was in the normal range (20 to 24.9), and then increased steadily with BMI. People who were morbidly obese (a BMI of 40 or greater) were 2.5 times more likely to have died during the study period than those who maintained a normal weight. Of interest to Heart Letter readers, cardiovascular disease was the most common cause of death among people who were overweight or obese.

Stay lean, live longer - Harvard Health

I think the title is misleading, since no one calls people with a bmi of 20-24.9 actually lean, they are normal weight. :cool: maybe "lean" if you compare them to the average BMI at a golden corral all you can eat buffet. o_O

I don't want to pay to read the rest, but do they go on to comment about those with a BMI of less than 20?

Vince

Super Moderator
I think the title is misleading, since no one calls people with a bmi of 20-24.9 actually lean, they are normal weight. :cool: maybe "lean" if you compare them to the average BMI at a golden corral all you can eat buffet. o_O

I don't want to pay to read the rest, but do they go on to comment about those with a BMI of less than 20?
When I posted it, I didn't have to pay to read it. I wonder why?

DragonBits

When I posted it, I didn't have to pay to read it. I wonder why?

FYI, i can read the part you posted, but there is more to the article.

But I am sure you have noticed, there is usually 1 original research paper and then 20+ articles all based on that one paper.

Vince

Super Moderator
11 Year Carnivore Doctor's Healing Journey: Eating Zero Carb Heals Disordered Eating
In this video, Lisa @carnivoredoctor and I talk about being a Carnivore veteran for over a decade. Many of us fearing meat-based long term because of the potential unknowns and dangers to health. Though it may be anecdotal, here’s one of many personal shares that say, not only can you do this long term, you can do it for years and thrive.

MarcoFL

The thing I found in first few days of ketogenic type diet is my glucose barely goes above 90 now! At 57 I noticed I was having some issues where it would not go down after a few hours of eating but now it hold very steady in 80's. I think it works for many people including me.

SilverSurfer

The thing I found in first few days of ketogenic type diet is my glucose barely goes above 90 now! At 57 I noticed I was having some issues where it would not go down after a few hours of eating but now it hold very steady in 80's. I think it works for many people including me.

are you pre-diabetic or managing your diabetes only with diet/exercise or is this just a lifestyle choice?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me