Clomid Success Story: 5 month Follow-Up

Buy Lab Tests Online
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...about-two-months/page2&highlight=clomid+blood

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...nto-Clomid-treatment&highlight=clomid+anxiety

The first two links explain the entire journey, but below is my update as of last week. I meet with the endocrinologist for my 5 month follow-up in less than two weeks. Hopefully I can taper off the Clomid. I'll update this thread after that appointment.

5 months on Clomid plus weight gain update:

LH: January was 3.7, now 4.3 (range is 2 - 10)

FSH: May was 4.6, now 5.0 (range is 2 - 12)

Total testosterone: January was 158, now 678...was 425 before the weight gain (range is 280 to 800)

calc Free T: January was 20, now 105....was 52 before the weight gain (range is 60 - 185)

SHBG: January was 56, now 53...was 68 before the weight gain (range is 14 - 48)

Estradiol: May was < 5 (undetectable), now 13 (range is 8 - 45)

Energy is amazing (it was before the weight gain though), and strength is off the charts. Libido has definitely increased, feels like I'm 16 again. Morning erections can be insane at times (this is supposedly a key indicator that testosterone has risen). Anxiety is lower overall I'd say, but that's tough to tell. There's many variables. OCD is still lingering, more mild than moderate (and mental), but it's still there and it's still annoying.

I gained 16 lbs. so far, fat and muscle. Started at ~155 lbs. and I'm now 171. Waist went up from ~30.5/31" to ~32.5/33". I actually had this blood work done because I went to my primary worried that perhaps I had TOO much testosterone. There were a number of random symptoms, and I wanted to check to make sure. I was due in for follow-up blood work next week anyways.

My primary said 15 lbs. is probably enough (it was either 15 then, or I just told him 15 to give him a round number). I have way more abdominal fat than before, even the last time I was at this weight. Waist is about the same as before when I was ~170, but my calipers are reading ~17/18 mm next to the navel. Before at 170 I think it was ~12 mm.

I meet with my endocrinologist for the three month follow up in a couple weeks. I hope I can taper off the Clomid at this point. Hopefully the SHBG goes even lower and then I have more free T, and maybe it will help the anxiety/OCD subside a bit more. I think I've read that Clomid can cause higher SHBG and anxiety in some cases. I don't have a study off hand for reference, but I believe I've read that in the past. I could be wrong though. I've been on a 50 mg every M/W/F dose since March.

All in all, I put on weight (fat too, but I was supposed to), and successfully improved my hormones levels overall. I'd like to lose a little bit of fat in the middle soon, but I'll see what my endo says. I think I could lose a few lbs. and be ok, there's a sweet spot for me. I just can't be as lean as I was before, for as long as I was, and restrict calories for lengthy periods of time. But I'm in no rush for any of that, and will try to keep my body where it needs to be moving forward. It's been fun eating a ton though, but I need to work on getting it under control, especially late night on weekends. Probably about 10 of those 16 lbs. has maybe been within the last 2/2.5 months.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Thank you for reporting back. You feel good - that's what counts. Please continue to let us know how this all unfolds. We hear frequently about Clomid failures; successful protocols are welcomed.

Thank you for reporting back. You feel good - that's what counts. Please continue to let us know how this all unfolds. We hear frequently about Clomid failures; successful protocols are welcomed.

Will do! My follow-up is in about a week and a half, I'll check back in after that. As I said, I'd like to taper off the Clomid and maybe even lose a few lbs. and see what happens. I'm sure there's a middle ground in terms of body fat and weight.

At least now I know what the issue was (at least part of the issue), and I know what it feels like and how to remedy it.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
"I meet with my endocrinologist for the three month follow up in a couple weeks. I hope I can taper off the Clomid at this point. "

What is your current dose? Glad that finally we have a good Clomid testimonial.

"I meet with my endocrinologist for the three month follow up in a couple weeks. I hope I can taper off the Clomid at this point. "

What is your current dose? Glad that finally we have a good Clomid testimonial.

I've been on 50 mg every M/W/F for 5 months.

Clomid alone did help boost my overall testosterone from 158 to 425, but calculated free T only went from 20 to 52.

Those numbers jumped to 678 and 105 respectively at the same dose of Clomid, but another 16 lbs. of fat and muscle (two more inches on my waist, so more fat than muscle, but that was the point).

I hope I can taper off to see if I need the Clomid long term. It's entirely possible the only reason my testosterone tanked was because I was too lean and too restrictive with calories for too many years. And my body is happy at a higher bodyweight/body fat percentage.

Perhaps the Clomid helped jump start things, but Clomid alone did not aid in my recovery. I'm glad I was patient though and tried everything I could before moving to injections (that was my next step).

CoastWatcher

Dr. Saya has written about men being very wary of Clomid. Its reputation on many forums is poor and guys see it as a substandard form of androgen therapy. Congratulations for sticking with it.

Dr. Saya has written about men being very wary of Clomid. Its reputation on many forums is poor and guys see it as a substandard form of androgen therapy. Congratulations for sticking with it.

Congrats on being a Clomid "Unicorn" (insider joke here on the forum, but kidding as I have a fair number of Clomid success stories)

Thank you for the kind words. This forum actually played a part in helping me decide to stick with the more conversative route and give Clomid a real shot (and weight gain).

Dr. Saya, I believe you commented on one of my posts and said I should try it first. And the article on your "unicorns" and their success stories also gave me confidence.

Worst case scenario I would move to injections, which I'm not against in any way. But I figured I'd post my results here, because from my understanding many Clomid success stories go unreported. It may help others decide to try Clomid first as well.

billyjr

Nice story AlcahueteJ! Dr. Saya is starting me on a clomid restart as we speak. Doing HCG everyday for 2 weeks, than clomid for the next 4 to see how my body responds. Hopefully I can add to success stories like yours. I will be following, so please keep us updated!

I met with the endocrinologist last week for my five month follow-up.

He is keeping me on Clomid (same dose, 50 mg M/W/F) until January. At that point I'll have a follow-up MRI of my pituatary gland, blood work, and then a discussion about slowly tapering off of Clomid.

I have also been given the green light on losing some weight now that I've put on enough. I've put on about 17 - 18 pounds, and he said I can lose some weight if I desire. He said about 8 - 10 pounds if I wanted, but I was going to start with about 5.

He thinks my low T was caused by a combination of my restricted calories/low body weight/fat, and an issue with my pituatary gland. Which is why he's keeping me on Clomid. He feels you need a longer period of time on it, then a slow taper, for the body to correct the problem long-term.

It's also possible it wasn't necessarily how lean I was, but simply how long I was restricting calories for. Regardless, I don't think anyone is suggesting I go back to being as lean as I was, but I can lose some weight and see how I feel.

I know how it feels when my testosterone is low, so I can gauge my weight loss by how I feel. I plan on losing ~ 5 lbs. and then trying to put on some more muscle (I lost a fair amount the last few years). Keeping my dieting stints shorter should help.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me