Bringing dhea levels up

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
FWIW I had previously reported in this thread that oral forms of DHEA or pregnenolone I had tried absolutely killed my sex drive. Based on another members feedback here, I tried a product made by Nature's Plus, called Instaceutic DHEA Spray, a sublingual application, with very good results as of my first bottle (better energy, better sex drive, better wood). I recently re-ordered this product, and inexplicably, the company re-formulated the product. After a couple weeks use, once again my sex drive and ability to get an erection (morning wood or otherwise) plummeted. Since I bought three bottles, I intend to return the rest if possible.

I think the next step for me will be to try McPherson Labs as recommended by Gene, and see if that works for me.

McPherson has the best non-prescription DHEA and Preg that you can buy.

All are Pharmacy Grade, super micronized and Slow Release (SR) which is exactly what you want.

When I switched from a transdermal application of the same to McPherson my DHEA-S level doubled the lab reference range as did my IGF-1 with no negative impact on E2...very happy gd!!!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
23 April 2013 labs when I took supplements in the A.M. and NO T or thyroid meds.
This test had the DHEA waaaaaaaaaaaay over range.
That is why I did (6 May 2014) last blood work with NO meds or supplements in the A.M.
Not sure of thre high T unless I forgot to NOT put it on in the morning?
Testosterone, Serum – 941 - 348-1197
Free Testosterone(Direct) - 27.9 – (6.6-18.1)
DHEA-Sulfate - 855.8 – (30.9-295.6)
Estradiol - 55.9 – (7.6-42.6) (LabCorp 004515)
Estradiol, Sensitive - 15 - (3-70) (LABCORP SENSITIVE #140244

If you have no negative impact with DHEA-S levels that high you really don't have anything to worry about.

Our biggest concern is conversion to E2 but that is not your problem.

You could live at those levels and be fine or simply reduce your DHEA dosage.

paco

Gene,

I noticed that the information you added from Dr.Rouzier states:
IMPORTANT:
DHEA Serum Levels
MEN
· Range 100-600
· Optimal 500-600

That looks to be 2 times the upper range on the stadard DHEA-S test of (51.7 –295).

Is Dr. Rouzier suggesting shooting for a ranges of about 2 times the upper limit?

Yes, he is!!!

That's where I am living right now and I feel fantastic!

I'm a little confused by this. Dr. Rouzier states that the range is 100-600, and that optimal is near the top of that range, at 500-600. Doesn't that mean you want to be near the top of whatever the reference range is for your lab, rather than at twice the upper limit of the range? If he was advocating twice the upper limit of whatever range, wouldn't he suggest being at 1,000-1,200 if the range were 500-600?

Or, is it that the set range is different for each lab, although the actual results (if measured in the same units) would be approximately the same from lab to lab? I've never been clear on why ranges differ from lab to lab.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I am very concerned about people taking large doses of DHEA since it is an androgen and can decrease HDL cholesterol (not a good thing). I have also seen men with increased liver enzymes with doses over 50 mg per day of DHEA. DHEA supplementation can also increase estradiol.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I am very concerned about people taking large doses of DHEA since it is an androgen and can decrease HDL cholesterol (not a good thing). I have also seen men with increased liver enzymes with doses over 50 mg per day of DHEA. DHEA supplementation can also increase estradiol.

Rare events.

As we age there is a steady and marked decline in both Pregnenolone and DHEA serum levels and both are needed at optimal levels (like Testosterone) to make sure all three metabolic pathways have the building blocks for health and well being.

Life Extension has done a tremendous amount of research on both of these pro-hormones.

OMI100

Ran some test on 18 July 2014 and the was waaaay over top.

Results for 18 July 2014:
MRM brand and Pregnenolone
100mg micronized morning and - 50 mg - evening 50 mg micronized Pregnenolone in themorning
Total “T” – 764 – (348 – 1197)
Free “T” – 18.5 – (6.6 – 18.1)
DHEA – 1000 – (48.9 – 344.2)
Estradiol – 66.3 – (7.6 – 42.6) Standard
Estradiol – 26 – (3 – 70) Sensitive
Forgot to reduce my DHEA down to 50 MG.
Next time.
I was taking my AI once every 4 days (0.15mg anastrozole). I changed to once every 3 days now. Will see where I go with that or is 26 considered "in the sweet spot"?
Free "T" is top end, prior to my daily application. I will drop back a bit once or twice during the week. Using a "TOPICLICK" at 2 clicks so I can drop down to one click once or twice a week and see where that gets me.
Standard and sensitive E2 test are miles a part. Will go with the sensitive reading. If I went with the standard I would drive my E2 into the tank.

RoneTone

Hey guys - got my blood work back and my DHEA is low. I'm considering supplementation.

Dr. John on Super Human Radio says he has guys take 50mg a day, once in the morning and then again 12 hours later. He didn't mention which type of DHEA but it seems like capsules.

There seems to be some debate on a few things with DHEA and I would like some opinions from those that are using it.

1. Can capsules, whether they are micronized or encapsulated cause liver issues or raise liver enzymes? Does sublingual DHEA avoid this?

2. Are capsules more likely raise E2 than sublingual DHEA?

3. Is a micronized capsule or a sublingual DHEA tablet superior? Some guys say they can't 'feel' anything from capsules but do from sublingual DHEA. On the other hand, there guys taking capsules and have real evidence that they raised blood levels of DHEA (as shown in this thread)

It seems both Dr. Shippen and Dr. John recommend capsules, though in different doses.

Anyone have feedback on these three points?

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Hey guys - got my blood work back and my DHEA is low. I'm considering supplementation.

Dr. John on Super Human Radio says he has guys take 50mg a day, once in the morning and then again 12 hours later. He didn't mention which type of DHEA but it seems like capsules.

There seems to be some debate on a few things with DHEA and I would like some opinions from those that are using it.

1. Can capsules, whether they are micronized or encapsulated cause liver issues or raise liver enzymes? Does sublingual DHEA avoid this?

A: No liver issues at the prescribed dosage. Sublingual will still get into your bloodstream and have a first pass effect on your liver. At 50 mg daily, it's not a concern.

2. Are capsules more likely raise E2 than sublingual DHEA?

A: No.

3. Is a micronized capsule or a sublingual DHEA tablet superior? Some guys say they can't 'feel' anything from capsules but do from sublingual DHEA. On the other hand, there guys taking capsules and have real evidence that they raised blood levels of DHEA (as shown in this thread)

A: I don't think you can "feel" anything supplementing with DHEA or Pregnenolone. You need a Slow Release form of DHEA and you don't get that in a sublingual form....you're forgetting it's fast half life.

It seems both Dr. Shippen and Dr. John recommend capsules, though in different doses.

A: 50 mg of a micronized slow release once daily is what you need if you want to increase your DHEA serum levels.

Anyone have feedback on these three points?

See bold above.

Ran some test on 18 July 2014 and the was waaaay over top.

Results for 18 July 2014:
MRM brand and Pregnenolone
100mg micronized morning and - 50 mg - evening 50 mg micronized Pregnenolone in themorning
Total “T” – 764 – (348 – 1197)
Free “T” – 18.5 – (6.6 – 18.1)
DHEA – 1000 – (48.9 – 344.2)
Estradiol – 66.3 – (7.6 – 42.6) Standard
Estradiol – 26 – (3 – 70) Sensitive
Forgot to reduce my DHEA down to 50 MG.
Next time.
I was taking my AI once every 4 days (0.15mg anastrozole). I changed to once every 3 days now. Will see where I go with that or is 26 considered "in the sweet spot"?
Free "T" is top end, prior to my daily application. I will drop back a bit once or twice during the week. Using a "TOPICLICK" at 2 clicks so I can drop down to one click once or twice a week and see where that gets me.
Standard and sensitive E2 test are miles a part. Will go with the sensitive reading. If I went with the standard I would drive my E2 into the tank.

Confirm with Nelson , GD or other Mod !

From all I have researched 26 is on the money and very desirable :)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me