Gynecomastia Associated with a Combination of High IGF-1 and Estradiol In Adolescents

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
A Longitudinal Study of Growth, Sex Steroids and Insulin-like Growth Factor I in boys with Physiological Gynecomastia

Physiological gynecomastia is common in pubertal boys and appears to be associated with increased levels of insulin like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) and pubertal growth, but not with a shift in the balance between estrogen and testosterone, a new study suggests.

The findings were published online August 19 in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism by Mikkel G Mieritz, MD, a PhD student working in the department of growth and reproduction, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, and colleagues.

In their discussion, Mieritz and colleagues note that IGF-1 together with estrogen is essential for the growth of breast tissue, and it appears that the effect of growth hormone on breast growth is mediated through IGF-1. "The stimulatory effect of IGF-1 on breast formation was synergized by [estradiol], which was also elevated in boys with gynecomastia in our study. However, serum testosterone was similarly elevated, leaving the estradiol/testosterone ratio unaltered."

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/10.1210/jc.2015-2836

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
The question that wasn't answered is why did it stay in the boys after puberty and how to prevent it. I know that I will have to have surgery at this point in my life, but if I were to have children and boys run big time in my family how to prevent this from happening in my child.

GEORGE TOULIATOS

Occasionaly during puberty,some boys who grow up fast,have swollen nipples,as a result of prolactinemia.The reaon is due to the hypersecretion of somatropin from adenohypophysis.As well known,anterior pituitary gland releases HGH & prolactin.Therefore,as growth hormone is leaving pituitary gland,some quantity of prolactin follows.This apparently leads to gynecomastia effect.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me