Top Supplements That Improve Sperm Quality

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
sperm quality.jpg

Coenzyme Q-10:

Coenzyme Q10 supplementation in infertile men with low-grade varicocele: an open, uncontrolled pilot study.

Festa R, et al. Andrologia. 2014.

Abstract

Many conditions associated with male infertility are inducers of oxidative stress, including varicocele. Antioxidants, such as coenzyme Q10, may be useful in this case. To evaluate the antioxidant capacity of seminal plasma of infertile men with varicocele before and after an oral supplementation with coenzyme Q10 , 38 patients were recruited from a pilot clinical trial. A standard semen analysis was also performed at baseline and 3 months after an oral supplementation with exogenous coenzyme Q10 100 mg per die. Seminal plasma antioxidant capacity was measured using a spectroscopic method. Coenzyme Q10 therapy improved semen parameters and antioxidant status. This study highlights the importance of oxidative stress in the pathogenesis of male infertility, namely in varicocele, and strengthens the possibility of the usefulness of the antioxidant therapy.

Carnitine:

L-Carnitine Increases Sperm Motility and Quality

Ginger + Cinnamon

Ginger plus cinnamon increase sperm count and quality in rats with diabetes

Antioxidants

Antioxidants may boost fertility in men

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
it makes me wonder if Coq10 adds to your libido, I take 400mg twice a day and my libido is through the roof.
I always wonder why my libido is so strong but I don't have a reason except TRT.

Vince

Super Moderator
a monthly script from amazon, I save 15% Jarrow Ubiquinol. I don't swallow them I slowly chew them for better absorption after a meal and I don't know if it helps my libido.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Effect of Ubiquinol Therapy on Sperm Parameters and Serum Testosterone Levels in Oligoasthenozoospermic Infertile Men

Abstract

Introduction: The male sperm counts decline due to environmental factors, such as pesticides, heavy metals and exogenous estrogens causing negative impact on spermatogenesis. The low testosterone levels are associated with lower levels of antioxidants that protect against free radical damage to glands that produce testosterone. The earlier studies showed that the supplementation of vitamins and antioxidants including 10mg Ubiquinol per-day increases in sperm count and motility.

Materials and Methods: The Ubiquinol is strong antioxidant, hence in view of the above study 150 mg/day Ubiquinol was supplemented to 60 men with age group of 20-40 years. The patients were supplemented for six months, the testosterone level and sperm parameters were analysed before and after supplementation of Ubiquinol every month up to six months. The total sperm count increased by 53% (p<0.05).

Results: The total sperm motility was observed 26% (p<0.05) high after supplementations. Out of total motility, the quantity of rapidly motile sperm increased 41% (p<0.05). The number of sluggish motile sperm was decreased approximate 29% (p<0.05). The non motile sperm count was also decreased up to 55% (p<0.05).

Conclusion: The testosterone level is maintained during the study and morphology of flagella of sperm has improved. The finding suggests that the supplementation of Ubiquinol may be beneficial for oligospermic patients.

http://www.jcdr.net/article_fulltex...ember&volume=9&issue=9&page=BC01-BC03&id=6424

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Clin Diagn Res. 2015 Sep;9(9):BC01-3. doi: 10.7860/JCDR/2015/13617.6424. Epub 2015 Sep 1.

Effect of Ubiquinol Therapy on Sperm Parameters and Serum Testosterone Levels in Oligoasthenozoospermic Infertile Men.

Thakur AS1, Littarru GP2, Funahashi I3, Painkara US4, Dange NS5, Chauhan P6.

Abstract

INTRODUCTION:
The male sperm counts decline due to environmental factors, such as pesticides, heavy metals and exogenous estrogens causing negative impact on spermatogenesis. The low testosterone levels are associated with lower levels of antioxidants that protect against free radical damage to glands that produce testosterone. The earlier studies showed that the supplementation of vitamins and antioxidants including 10mg Ubiquinol per-day increases in sperm count and motility.

MATERIALS AND METHODS:
The Ubiquinol is strong antioxidant, hence in view of the above study 150 mg/day Ubiquinol was supplemented to 60 men with age group of 20-40 years. The patients were supplemented for six months, the testosterone level and sperm parameters were analysed before and after supplementation of Ubiquinol every month up to six months. The total sperm count increased by 53% (p<0.05).

RESULTS:
The total sperm motility was observed 26% (p<0.05) high after supplementations. Out of total motility, the quantity of rapidly motile sperm increased 41% (p<0.05). The number of sluggish motile sperm was decreased approximate 29% (p<0.05). The non motile sperm count was also decreased up to 55% (p<0.05).

CONCLUSION:
The testosterone level is maintained during the study and morphology of flagella of sperm has improved. The finding suggests that the supplementation of Ubiquinol may be beneficial for oligospermic patients.

GEORGE TOULIATOS

Tocopherol (vitamine E) could improve spermatozoa motility and fertility as a result of it.
However,their accurate number does not change.
Zinc is part of prostatic fluid and could improve semen's quality

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2015 Mar;28(1):69-76. doi: 10.1177/0394632015572080.

The protective effects of melatonin against cryopreservation-induced oxidative stress in human sperm.

Karimfar MH1, Niazvand F2, Haghani K3, Ghafourian S4, Shirazi R5, Bakhtiyari S6.
Author information

Abstract
Reactive oxygen species (ROS) production and lipid peroxidation during cryopreservation harm sperm membrane and as a result reduce the recovery of motile sperm. The antioxidant effects of melatonin on different cells have been widely reported. This study was aimed to evaluate changes in post-thaw motility, viability, and intracellular ROS and malondialdehyde (MDA) in response to the addition of melatonin to human sperm freezing extender. Semen of 43 fertile men was collected and each sample was divided into eight equal aliquots. An aliquot was analyzed freshly for viability, motility, and intracellular ROS and MDA. Melatonin was added to the recommended human freezing extender to yield six different final concentrations: 0.001, 0.005, 0.01, 0.05, 0.1, and 1 mM. A control group without melatonin was also included. Two weeks after cryopreservation, samples were thawed and pre-freeze analyses repeated. Obtained results showed that cryopreservation significantly (P <0.05) reduces viability and motility, but increases intracellular ROS and MDA of human sperm. The semen extender supplemented with various doses of melatonin (except for 0.001 mM) significantly (P <0.05) increased motility and viability, but decreased intracellular ROS and MDA levels of cryopreserved sperm after the thawing process, as compared with the control group. We also found that the most effective concentration of melatonin in protecting human spermatozoa from cryopreservation injuries was 0.01 mM. These findings suggest that melatonin exerts its cryoprotective effects on spermatozoa possibly by counteracting intracellular ROS, and thereby reduces MDA generation. This finally leads to increase of post-thaw viability and motility of cryopreserved spermatozoa.

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Effects of N-acetyl-cysteine supplementation on sperm quality, chromatin integrity and level of oxidative stress in infertile men

The study was carried out in the unit of ACECR Infertility Research Center, Qom, Iran. The patients consisted of 50 infertile men with asthenoteratozoospermia who received NAC (600 mg/d) orally for 3 months, after which they were compared with pre-treatment status. Semen was analyzed according to WHO (2010), followed by the assessment of protamine content [chromomycin A3 (CMA3)] and DNA integrity [terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase-mediated dUTP nick-end labeling (TUNEL)]. Oxidative stress markers, i.e. total antioxidant capacity (TAC) and malondialdehyde (MDA), as well as hormonal profile (LH, FSH, Testosterone and Prolactin) were determined by ELISA kit.

Results: After NAC treatment, patients’ sperm count and motility increased significantly whereas abnormal morphology, DNA fragmentation and protamine deficiency showed significant decreases compared to pretreatment levels (P < 0.05). Hormonal profile improvement was associated with lowered FSH and LH levels and increased amount of testosterone (P < 0.05). TAC significantly increased and MDA decreased with an inverse significant correlation between TAC and MDA (P < 0.05).

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
DOI Number: 10.37506/v20/i1/2020/mlu/194418

The impact of L-carnitine Supplement on Semen Variables and the Levels of Sexual Hormones (Serum LH, FSH, Testosterone, and Inhibin) in Males with Infertility

Azzawi M.Hadi1, Yassir Ismael Abbass1, Mazin Anwar Yadgar1
1M.B.Ch.B. FIBMS. Urology. Department of surgery,Tikrit Medical College, Tikrit, Iraqs

Abstract
Background: It had been estimated that tenth of partners had infertility, and in approximately half of these cases, the imperfection can be ascribed to male related causes. Fecundity in men necessitate regular functioning hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and testes axis. aberrant spermatogenesis is habitually incorporated to permuted serum gonadotropins and testosterone. L-carnitine is an supreme antioxidant existing in a lofty concentration in epididymal excretions. It affords liveliness for sperms to earn their dynamism in the epididymis.

Aim: The study proposed to explore the effect of L-carnitine supplement on semen parameters, and sex hormones milieu in patients with primary or secondary infertility.
Patients and Methods: A clinical trial conducted on a 58 patients(mean age± SD: 30.6 ± 6.07) treated with 2gm of L carnitine, which prescribed orally at a daily dose of 2gm a day in divided doses for 3 months. Before, and after the end of the L-carnitine treatment, semen analysis and serum levels of LH, FSH, Testosterone, and inhibin were performed.

Results: The mean values of sperm count, total motility and normal morphology of and oligo-astheno- teratospermic were found notably changed (p<0.05) with 3 months carnitine supplement. The outcome of this trial exhibited that L-carnitine supplement can improve sperm concentration, and count, as well active motility. Additionally it has been noticed that the serum gonadotropin (FSH and LH) levels were noteworthy declined, while serum testosterone and inhibin levels were upraised in infertile males when compared with the levels before, the 3 months course of L-carnitine treatment.
Keywords: L.Carnitne, semen variables, sex hormones, OAT.

Interesting PubMed’s on how Melatonin reduces Test and LH!

Last edited:

Harrisp

Hi Nelson. Another question: it’s really hard to get NAC now I think they are banning it. Would glutathione be a good substitute? If it is what is an effective dosage? Thanks for your help again!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me