Low DHEA value

Buy Lab Tests Online

Phoenix

Just got my labs back.

DHEA, serum = 40ng/dl Reference Interval for above 19 years of age is 31 - 701

My question is would I benefit from taking DHEA supplements to increase this value?

Other values:

Total T = 1090 ng/dL
Free T = 22 pg/dL
Estradiol = 54.9 pg/mL (Increasing my anastrozole)
SHBG = 45 nmol/L
IGF-1 = 105 ng/mL

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Yes, it is beneficial to "back-fill" your pathways when on TRT.

One should supplement both DHEA and Pregnenolone at 50 mg each of a micronized slow release formula.

Go here: www.dhea.com for both.

Im wary of DHEA, had some bad experience with it before i was on any TRT. I was taking 100mg at one point and felt terrible, what I now suspect was easy conversion to E2, with untreated Low T. Too, my last bloods DHEA-S was low @ 160 (70-495 mg/dl)..so I'm wary of adding another variable at this point especially from that past experience. I know I could try 25mg but...I'm not sure.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Im wary of DHEA, had some bad experience with it before i was on any TRT. I was taking 100mg at one point and felt terrible, what I now suspect was easy conversion to E2, with untreated Low T. Too, my last bloods DHEA-S was low @ 160 (70-495 mg/dl)..so I'm wary of adding another variable at this point especially from that past experience. I know I could try 25mg but...I'm not sure.

100 mg is too much.

You can do 25 mg twice daily to better tolerate.

Do you have labs that show DHEA converted to higher E2 levels?

You have low DHEA-S levels and it would be beneficial for you health to get these to higher levels.

No E2 testing as I said that was Pre anything TRT and was entirely anecdotal of starting and stopping that dosage and feeling "better" 3 days after stopping it. I'd take it and almost immediately feel like a hormonal female. I'm open to 25mg.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
OP, as noted, your DHEA serum is down at the bottom end. I agree completely that your are a prime candidate for some form of replacement therapy, HOWEVER, I strongly suggest that you also run a 24 hour cortisol saliva test & a complete thyroid panel, and have it reviewed.

In "certain" instances, the adrenals can be in a maladaptated phase when DHEA slumps, where cortisol production will also be effected. So reviewing a cortisol-DHEA correlation profile "IMO" is essential before jumping too far in. Adrenal productivity will also factor in with your thyroid, which again is why all 3 should be considered. It could also just be simple deficiency, maybe prompted upstream from lower pregnenolone levels, which is common, and is why supplementing both hormones can be beneficial.

I swear that everytime I use DHEA, 1 tab/25mg for four days, I feel angry, aggressive and short-tempered. Not sure what's going on but I'm not taking it after today.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me