Video: The Vitamin D and Testosterone Connection

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Dr. Lonnie Lowery spoke at the NSCA's 2012 National Conference about the connection between Vitamin D and testosterone.

https://www.nsca.com/videos/expert_tips/the_vitamin_d_and_testosterone_connection/ vitamin d.jpg

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

steelballz

Wow very interesting. This brings up a question. After 4 months or so of being on Test Cyp only, I started to take vitamin D. My 6 month Labs showed a 5% increase in my test results. There was no change in the amount of test cyp I was taking. So my question is, when does the test cyp plateau? I am making other changes like taking zinc and cutting out soy and if there is another increase in my next labs I want to know if it reflects the changes I have made in diet exercise and supplements or is the test still slowing going up due to my injections of test cyp. Hopefully that made sense. :)

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Five percent is within margin or error and blood level variability for total testosterone.

The lecture above refers to T levels of men not on TRT.

If you are on TRT, your free testosterone is what you should report on. That is really the value that may change with different supplements or diet modifications (assuming your T dose is constant).

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Nelson's point was what I was going to mention. Dr. Lowery didn't clarify it, but I had to presume he was emphasizing the ability of Vitamin D to increase free and bio-available testosterone. It's a clinical fact that therapeutic levels of Vitamin D can help lower SHBG, which therein promotes higher levels of free and unbound testosterone. Additionally, there are a multitude of other benefits of Vitamin D, including its role with thyroid hormone at the cellular level ... However, that's another discussion for another thread ..

FOX1

Good video and correct when he says "Its not "just" a bone issue

but what we all need to remember is it "is" a bone issue also.

I have worked past 30 years offshore on oilrigs and a lot of that time was spent on nightshift working for 2 or 3 weeks at a time (no sunlight) I also live in Scotland (again very little sunshine)

I had an accident at work a few years back which caused a fracture to my neck & back, due to this I had a DEXA bone scan which highlighted Osteopenia, low vit-D was also found. Obviously when you find yourself in a situation like mine you do a lot of research,

so any guys on the forum working nightshift or staying in low sun locations, get that vit-D boosted, get supplementing.

codus2112

Huge fan of supplemental Vit D. Curious what dosages everyone is using daily? I personally take 10,000iu via softgel daily with lunch.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me