Would love some input on lab results

Buy Lab Tests Online

Systemlord

You are going to need more testosterone, Free T could be improved upon. Twice weekly injections is inevitable at this point, levels are likely declining by weeks end.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

Agree with everything Systemlord stated. Blood work looks good and the ones "Bold" are not anything to be concerned about. Your Testosterone levels are low because of the once weekly injection schedule you are on.They are dropping considerably after day 4.

You could change to injecting every 3.5 days. This spreads the injection out 84 hours and split the week right in half. Doctors typically do not care about what injection schedule you use, they are more concerned about dosing.

Glad to see you feeling so good with great libido.

mdm14

Thanks boys! I was starting at 1 time per week hoping that would be enough given my higher SHBG but does not seem to be the case. I will try twice a week for the next 6 weeks before I am scheduled for more blood work and to see my doctor.

M

MarkM

I am still thinking that you will need to increase your testosterone dose some going forward but that is something you may want to speak with your doctor about before doing it.

mdm14

Yeah, I agree. I will wait to speak with my doctor to see what he thinks first. Also, my prescription would run out too soon at a higher dose.

I would book an appointment earlier but I am heading off to Europe tomorrow for 4 weeks.

madman

Super Moderator
Another update. Still taking 100mg once a week. Don't see my doctor for another 6 weeks so I decided to get some bloods done. These were done at trough week 7.

Been really feeling great! Clear mind, energy up, libido way up, gym and sport performance is finally improving. I do find the good feelings tend to slip a bit later in the week coming up to my next injection

I have attached my most recent blood work. I was surprised to see Total T and free T so low. However, my SHBG has dropped to 43 when it has historically been between 50ish and 70.

My guess is numbers are much better closer to injection and fall down throughout the week. I would imagine increasing the dose and/or frequency could help. However this wont be an option for 6 weeks.

All in all though, i feel amazing 4-5 days a week. A great improvement from feeling like crap 7 days a week. Just very surprised by blood work as Total T is lowest I have ever had and Free T is about the same.

Definitely your testosterone levels (TT/FT) are much higher post injection.....24-48hrs.....hence you will feel good overall early in the week (first 3-4 days) only to be followed by levels dropping off by the end of the week.

As you know you would do much better splitting dose and injecting twice weekly as blood levels will be more stable--->less variation between peak/trough.

Mind you seeing as your FT is still low and TT is sub 500 ng/dL at trough even if you move to twice weekly injections your dose will need to be increased slightly.

120mg/week (60mg every 3.5 days) would be a sensible increase although you may end up needing 140mg/week (70mg every 3.5 days) to get your FT where it is optimal for you.

Only time will tell.

Glad to hear things are going well so far.

Although you have another 6 weeks to wait before your follow up you can stick it out and your doctor will decide on the next move or you can switch to injecting twice weekly (50mg every 3.5 days) for the next 6 weeks as it will bring up your TT/FT numbers some..... mind you a dose increase will likely be needed at follow up.

At least if you decide to split 100mg/week dose for the next 6 weeks you can get an idea of how injecting twice weekly will effect your TT, FT, e2 levels and ofcourse the improvements you experience regarding low t symptoms and overall well being as you will have more stable testosterone levels.

Keep us posted, take care!

Jiu Jitsu Dude

Definitely your testosterone levels (TT/FT) are much higher post injection.....24-48hrs.....hence you will feel good overall early in the week (first 3-4 days) only to be followed by levels dropping off by the end of the week.

As you know you would do much better splitting dose and injecting twice weekly as blood levels will be more stable--->less variation between peak/trough.

Mind you seeing as your FT is still low and TT is sub 500 ng/dL at trough even if you move to twice weekly injections your dose will need to be increased slightly.

120mg/week (60mg every 3.5 days) would be a sensible increase although you may end up needing 140mg/week (70mg every 3.5 days) to get your FT where it is optimal for you.

Only time will tell.

Glad to hear things are going well so far.

Although you have another 6 weeks to wait before your follow up you can stick it out and your doctor will decide on the next move or you can switch to injecting twice weekly (50mg every 3.5 days) for the next 6 weeks as it will bring up your TT/FT numbers some..... mind you a dose increase will likely be needed at follow up.

At least if you decide to split 100mg/week dose for the next 6 weeks you can get an idea of how injecting twice weekly will effect your TT, FT, e2 levels and ofcourse the improvements you experience regarding low t symptoms and overall well being as you will have more stable testosterone levels.

Keep us posted, take care!

Madman: You are always so kind to take your time and respond intelligently to these men. I also appreciated that when I first Joined 8 weeks ago. Good looking out :)

mdm14

For those of you following, just a bit of an update. I did switch to 50mg twice per week for 6 weeks. Bloods (Canada) are attached. I definitely don't feel as good on this protocol as the 100mg once per week for those 3 days or so before my levels slide. On the twice per week my energy levels and libido definitely took a nose dive and didn't have those few euphoric days that I was getting at 100 once per week.

I have since gone back to 100mg once per week, however I have switched to subq, until I see my Dr next week. Hopefully he will allow me to try a higher dose split twice per week.

Attachments

• Bloodwork 6 - clean.pdf
    115.6 KB · Views: 67

mdm14

And sure enough I will now be starting 60mg twice a week subq. Still no HCG until we can dial in T then will consider HCG. Will keep you guys posted.

Side note. My Dr was discussing HCG from urine vs HCG cultured in chickens (i think) he kind of lost me and was recommending the latter. Does anyone know about this? Would this be the rHCG?

mdm14

60 mg twice a week has me feeling great. Also has continued to decrease my SHBG and therefore increasing free/bio. SHBG has gone from 67-50-44-38 since starting T.

E2 seems to be getting up there but have zero E2 sides at the moment so not overly concerned at this point.

I will get some US tests in the new year to compare to. I like seeing where i fall in US reference ranges compared to Canadian.

1545696070959.png

madman

Super Moderator
60 mg twice a week has me feeling great. Also has continued to decrease my SHBG and therefore increasing free/bio. SHBG has gone from 67-50-44-38 since starting T.

E2 seems to be getting up there but have zero E2 sides at the moment so not overly concerned at this point.

I will get some US tests in the new year to compare to. I like seeing where i fall in US reference ranges compared to Canadian.

View attachment 6512

Glad to hear you are doing well!

Bumping your T dose up to 60 mg twice weekly (every 3.5 days) made a big difference in getting your TT/FT levels up.

As far as your e2 as you know it is the wrong test for men seeing as it tends to overestimate and to truly know where your e2 sits you would need the correct test for men which is the estradiol sensitive (LC/MS-MS) but as you stated.....E2 seems to be getting up there but have zero E2 sides at the moment so not overly concerned at this point.

You are only 2 months into your new protocol and over time other improvements should be seen.

I would always say ride it out for now and if anything you can look into adding hcg if you feel it would be needed regarding fertility/testicular shrinkage (varies with men).

Many make the mistake of tweaking protocol too often or right away as even though testosterone levels stabilize after 6 weeks.

Not only are your levels in flux leading up to the 6 weeks but once levels have stabilized it takes time for the body to adjust to the new levels.

So one should give it 3 months at the new dose to truly gauge how they feel at those new levels before looking into tweaking a protocol if needed.

Start low/go slow and give it a chance before changing things is a sensible approach.

Impatience/quick to react/over thinking things can lead to poor results.

Merry Christmas and all the best to you in the New Year!

Last edited:

mdm14

Thanks madman!

Yes, that is our plan. To ride this dose out for 3 months and then assess how I feel and go from there.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you as well brother !

mdm14

Been 3 months on this protocol and everything is great! Thanks to everyone who has commented on this thread! TRT has 100% turned my life around and I now consistently feel like myself again.

Now that I feel I have dialed in my T dose, I am now adding HCG for fertility (the shrinkage wasn't bad and doesn't bother me). Only adding HCG to try and conceive over the next 6-8 months and then hopefully stop HCG until our next child if all goes as planned. My Dr has given me a script for 1,000 ius per week and told me I can split up the dose any way that I want. Can anyone recommend dosing intervals? I was hoping to do the same days each week (ie, M/W/F) rather than something like every 2 days to keep a fixed schedule. I was thinking something like 285iu Mon / 285iu Wed / 430iu Fri. (based on 1,000 / 7 days).

Thanks!

optimalliving

Last edited:

Mr S

Been 3 months on this protocol and everything is great! Thanks to everyone who has commented on this thread! TRT has 100% turned my life around and I now consistently feel like myself again.

Now that I feel I have dialed in my T dose, I am now adding HCG for fertility (the shrinkage wasn't bad and doesn't bother me). Only adding HCG to try and conceive over the next 6-8 months and then hopefully stop HCG until our next child if all goes as planned. My Dr has given me a script for 1,000 ius per week and told me I can split up the dose any way that I want. Can anyone recommend dosing intervals? I was hoping to do the same days each week (ie, M/W/F) rather than something like every 2 days to keep a fixed schedule. I was thinking something like 285iu Mon / 285iu Wed / 430iu Fri. (based on 1,000 / 7 days).

Thanks!
Hi, I’m going on HCG and I was reading Crisler’s protocol. He recommends daily injections of hCG on his last observations of best approaches to make HCG work for his patients. However, if possible, I’d like to know what schedule you chose and how it went for you.

mdm14

Hey man. I have been taking HCG for about 3 months now. I went with M/W/F 285/285/430. We tried last month for the first time with no luck. Will give it another go this month. Have another semen analysis in 2 months if we have not conceived.

As far as sides or feeling different, I have noticed no change. Still feeling great. Balls have definitely gotten bigger but thats it.

Mr S

Hey man. I have been taking HCG for about 3 months now. I went with M/W/F 285/285/430. We tried last month for the first time with no luck. Will give it another go this month. Have another semen analysis in 2 months if we have not conceived.

As far as sides or feeling different, I have noticed no change. Still feeling great. Balls have definitely gotten bigger but thats it.
Hey, it is too bad it hasn’t worked for you yet. My Dr prescribed 500iu of HCG ( I bought Pregnyl as I don’t trust compounded meds) EOD which is 1,750iu per week or 250iu daily if I choose to inject every day. My script is for testicular atrophy not fertility. It’s great you don’t have any sides, I hope it’ll be the case for me. Thanks for the information. Good luck and keep us posted.

mdm14

Just an updated here. Still feeling great and at the same HCG dose. Just had a follow up semen analysis on HCG only:

Semen Concentration 11 (=>15)
Motility 28 (=>40)
Motility Progressive 11 (=>32)
Sperm viability 89 (=>58)
Total sperm count/ ejaculate 48 (=>39)

So not great results but still a chance. Wife just ovulated so will see what happens this month. I see my Dr in early Aug and will discuss adding FSH if no luck by then.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me