Will t4 rise on it's on after stopping t3 med to lower rt3?

Buy Lab Tests Online

1Draw

Thought I would toss this out there since I haven't seen any threads that answers the questions - will T4 rise on its own after stopping Cytomel used to lower RT3?

I started taking 20mcg day of Cytomel in March this year due to high RT3 of 28.1. Just completed my blood test for consult with Defy and my RT3 is now back in range - 13.1 and my ratio T3/RT3 is 30.5 so, the cytomel has accomplished its goal. Only problem being is my T4 has dropped considerably. Here is recap of blood test taken before and after Cytomel:

BEFORE 2/16/18:
FT4 - 0.97
RT3 - 28.1
T3 - 3.6

AFTER 5/21/18:
FT4 - 0.76
RT3 -13.1
T3 - 4.0

My T4 was 1.35 on labwork done on 4/4/17 - so my FT4 has dropped almost in half due to taking the T3 med. I believe I have fixed the cause of high RT3 which was low iron/ferrtin due to donating every 8 weeks. Also in January I had a sever sinus infection that took forever to kick but, finally did. Last time had ferritin checked was 3/29 and it was 63 so judging by the way I feel, I believe it is definitely closer to 90-100 now. Gone is the chronic fatigue, feeling cold, unable to sleep, etc.....

Got a consult coming up in couple weeks and pretty sure will get solid direction. Thought I would throw this out for discussion since several members are on T3 meds only....

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
My understanding is once you stop taking your thyroid meds your thyroid will return to its normal function. I'll be interested in seeing your new Labs after your off T3 for time.

1Draw

Yep Dr Calkins did during consult. Started out with 5mcg am and mid afternoon. Worked up to 10 and 10. Probably could have gone higher but it worked anyway.

Pretty much followed this:
https://www.restartmed.com/reverse-t3/

OMI100

Yep Dr Calkins did during consult. Started out with 5mcg am and mid afternoon. Worked up to 10 and 10. Probably could have gone higher but it worked anyway.

Pretty much followed this:
https://www.restartmed.com/reverse-t3/
Working my way to that reference:)
Already read the RT3 section on STTM site and the section in the STTM book.
Tiredthyroid.com has a good amount of info and am reading the RT3 section of her book.
Then I will read Restartmed info :)

1Draw

My understanding is once you stop taking your thyroid meds your thyroid will return to its normal function. I'll be interested in seeing your new Labs after your off T3 for time.

Vince you are correct pal. In consult with Dr. Saya he said once T3 meds are stopped, TSH and T4 will return to normal status so, glad to hear that. I'm completely off Thyroid meds and will be interesting to see new labs in few months.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me