Wife's Hormone Panel (any insight appreciated)

Buy Lab Tests Online

LTChris

I talked my wife into getting a health panel done from discounted labs. It is kind of hard to read. I don't really understand some of it compared to the results I often get. The biggest problem is she has an IUD implant for birth control. Since doing that she really doesn't have periods. So she doesn't know where she is in her cycle. With out that info, does that make some of this info worthless? Labs attachedView attachment wifes labs.pdf

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Progesterone

It looks like your wife might be having thyroid issues, reverse T3 is higher than we would like, below 15 is best. Reverse T3 prevents the free thyroid hormones Free T3 from entering her cells causing hypothyroidism symptoms. At the end of the day all other tests can look normal and if Free T3 is low, than there are problems as this is where the rubber meets the road as far as thyroid hormones are concerned, it's what Free T is to Total T, free hormones to act on your bodies tissues.

Even if Free T3 is optimal, Reverse T3 can ruin the day for good Free T3 levels. These tests needs to be run together and cannot be run separately as the ratio of RT3 to FT3 needs to be optimal. Also Free T4 is a little low and is best midrange. Progesterone looks low as well if not mistaken. TSH is also a poor indicator of thyroid status, it can be deceivingly normal on the surface.

I'm no expert on testosterone levels in women, but it's no secret that being at the bottom of the ranges usually presents with symptoms. I have no idea regarding IUD implant for birth control. The problem with insurance doctors is they treat disease and as long as you wife is in the normal ranges treatment will usually be denied, these ranges are problematic as they have many people within them who are symptomatic. Insurance companies love these ranges as it provides quick denial of services.

There aren't many doctors who even know how to do TRT for men let alone women properly, our site
sponsors (Defy Medical and Prime Body) do know how to do TRT right for both men and women. I'm going to be joining Defy myself here shorty.

https://www.restartmed.com/normal-thyroid-levels/

Last edited:

Systemlord

I thought Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum was free t3. Am i mistaken about the test. Thanks for the reply.

Apologies I was skimming through the labs a little fast a missed the "free" detail thought it was T3 only. You want FT3 midrange or better as it sets the body's thermostat, drives metabolic rates and drives fat burning potential. Symptoms are expected with low FT3 which just goes to show you how TSH can be useless because if you waited until it hit 4.5IU/ML your wife would be in a bad place by then.

Dave B.

I talked my wife into getting a health panel done from discounted labs. It is kind of hard to read. I don't really understand some of it compared to the results I often get. The biggest problem is she has an IUD implant for birth control. Since doing that she really doesn't have periods. So she doesn't know where she is in her cycle. With out that info, does that make some of this info worthless? Labs attachedView attachment 4968

My wife has an IUD but still has periods. For a significant percentage of women, however, periods stop completely on an IUD. Very common.

I'm not sure what the question is, unless it is that she would "rather" have a period to assure her that she is not pregnant? Or are you just looking for advice on "optimal" levels for her?

LTChris

Just curious on people's thought. Some results reference range for times during the cycle. Info we don't have unfortunately

Systemlord

Just curious on people's thought. Some results reference range for times during the cycle. Info we don't have unfortunately

If your wife begins TRT the doctor will design her treatment based on her cycles, if she doesn't know them that could cause problems.

Hi LTChris, I am pretty new at looking at female blood numbers. My wife is a patient with Defy like myself.

She has had two blood tests.

My opinion on your wifes bloods is she looks very healthy but her lady numbers are low.
Here's my wifes numbers:
before HRT; TT8, FT 0.9, E 5.0, P 0.1
with HRT; TT 188, FT 3.8 E 6.1, P 0.5

HRT has really improved her mood and energy lvl. We could not be happier.

Neil

Hi Chris, your wife's cholesterol panel is beyond amazing (I mean good, excellent). With triglycerides that low (I mean nice and low), you can tell she doesn't eat a lot of crap (carbs, sugar, etc). Her protective HDL is amazingly good, and her LDL is nice and low. I can also see that she does not have
Hashimoto's disease (an auto immune disease where her own body attacks her own thyroid gland, causing eventual very low thyroid) from her two antibody tests. Her fasting glucose is fantastic, so is her liver.

Her FT3 (the measured amount of free, unbound, circulating thyroid hormone) could be a little higher, our anti aging doctor likes to see 3.3 to 3.6, if I remember right. But since your wife has high-ish reverse T3, if your wife was given additional thyroid hormone, it might just convert to reverse T3 and not do any good. I would recommend Dr. Saya to solve that riddle.

You wife does need more testosterone, especially if YOU are "tuned up" with T. Otherwise, it's a mismatch of libidos. Testosterone is the hormone of energy, lust, and desire for both men and women, only the relative levels are different. If your wife is concerned that testosterone would make her grow hair or become masculine, that is not of concern. She would not be going anywhere near those levels. Once she gets tuned up, she will never go back!

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I talked my wife into getting a health panel done from discounted labs. It is kind of hard to read. I don't really understand some of it compared to the results I often get. The biggest problem is she has an IUD implant for birth control. Since doing that she really doesn't have periods. So she doesn't know where she is in her cycle. With out that info, does that make some of this info worthless? Labs attachedView attachment 4968

Most of it looks Ok to me but I would ask Allison Woodworth Ask Allison Woodworth RN, MSN, FNP-C Questions About Testosterone, HCG, Women's HRT and More[/URL][/b]

Last edited:
High rT3 in comparison to FT3 (especially if any hypothyroid symptoms: low body temps/cold intolerance, fatigue, easy weight gain or difficulty losing weight with calorie restriction, etc).

Some E2 dominance (high E2 relative to progesterone). This can occur naturally during a menstrual cycle, though as you state she has stopped having menstrual cycle (which is an indicator of a problem in it’s own right - indicating suppression of ovarian hormones). E2 dominance can cause PMS symptoms (irritability, mood swings, breast tenderness, bloating, etc).

Testosterone certainly has room for improvement especially if libido/arousal is lacking, poor anabolism, etc.

I’ve said several times on the forum, HORMONAL birth control (she is probably on Mirena IUD, which is hormonal) suppresses a woman’s sex hormone production over time (again a clue is cessation of menses). A non-hormonal option (such as Paragard IUD, for example) is preferred in my opinion.

1Draw

First thing I would address is her high RT3 and low T3. Mine was at 28.1 after a bout with flu/sinus infection due to low iron/ferritin. Maybe hers is low as well only blood testing can tell. Cytomel can fix her elevated RT3. Here are a couple of good links:
https://www.restartmed.com/reverse-t3/
https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/reverse-t3/
It was probably the worst I’ve felt since I had the flu many eons ago. Tired, cold, wanted to nap, mental fog, just to name a few. Good luck and keep us posted

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me