When you first started TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

bkb33

Hi all,

I'm curious about your experiences. What do you remember about when you first started TRT? When did you start noticing the effects, and what were those effects? Did they remain steady, go up/down?

I am only one week into testosterone application (cream applied trans-scrotally) after 9 months of HCG/anastrozole, but I believe I'm already seeing serious effects with regard to libido, confidence/self-assurance, and workout stamina. I get that this may be totally in my head, but I feel like I'm becoming a different (upgraded) version of myself, and the effects are becoming more pronounced by the day.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I had the same experience as timk. Except I was Superman with a superman libido and the testosterone flu

Vince

Super Moderator
What is the testosterone flu?
When you first start TRT and all your hormones are adjusting to a new level. Sometimes you get severe flu-like symptoms. Mine lasted for about 2 weeks, then I was good to go. Some of my friends told me I should just stop injecting myself but thankfully I stuck it out.

CoastWatcher

I noticed a sharpened sense of focus, a subtle rise in libido, and better sleep in the first week to ten days. This cascaded and four years later I remain very happy with what TRT has done for me.

bkb33

Here's a question that I know will sound strange and douchey, but going to ask anyway: I often read about heightened confidence on TRT. I've definitely experienced that -- I've just been more assured and assertive.

But did any of you experience a boost in your perception of your physical appearance? I've been spending way more time looking in the mirror, for some reason -- not because I'm bothered by my appearance, but the opposite. I just feel more attractive.

Has anyone else experienced something similar, or am I crazy?

pema

Hi all,

I'm curious about your experiences. What do you remember about when you first started TRT? When did you start noticing the effects, and what were those effects? Did they remain steady, go up/down?

I am only one week into testosterone application (cream applied trans-scrotally) after 9 months of HCG/anastrozole, but I believe I'm already seeing serious effects with regard to libido, confidence/self-assurance, and workout stamina. I get that this may be totally in my head, but I feel like I'm becoming a different (upgraded) version of myself, and the effects are becoming more pronounced by the day.

9 months of HCG/anastrozole. What was this for and do you now do TRT + that? No AI I'm assuming? Do you apply test 1x or 2 x per day? No water retention or pre gyno symptoms? No TRT flu? I'm interested in following your progress using the cream/ TS application and possibly going on it as well as a first timer.

Gman86

9 months of HCG/anastrozole. What was this for and do you now do TRT + that? No AI I'm assuming? Do you apply test 1x or 2 x per day? No water retention or pre gyno symptoms? No TRT flu? I'm interested in following your progress using the cream/ TS application and possibly going on it as well as a first timer.

I’m also interested in following your progress. I’ve thought about eventually trying testosterone cream, due to the guys on the TOT roundtable raving about it. The only thing I’m worried about is the crazy high DHT levels that result from applying the cream trans-scrotally. Other than that, it seems like a very convenient, and effective way to administer TRT.

S1W

I’m also interested in following your progress. I’ve thought about eventually trying testosterone cream, due to the guys on the TOT roundtable raving about it. The only thing I’m worried about is the crazy high DHT levels that result from applying the cream trans-scrotally. Other than that, it seems like a very convenient, and effective way to administer TRT.

Having done both cream and injections, I’d say that injections are exponentially more convenient than cream for my lifestyle, for many reasons. And I was only applying cream 1x per day. As for applying cream 2x per day...that’d simply be too much screwing around for me.

Gman86

Having done both cream and injections, I’d say that injections are exponentially more convenient than cream for my lifestyle, for many reasons. And I was only applying cream 1x per day. As for applying cream 2x per day...that’d simply be too much screwing around for me.

Interesting. So what was less convenient about the creams? I heard that some creams dry within 5-10 mins. Was it inconvenient to wait for it to dry? I also heard you have to have a freshly shaven scrotum, a.k.a. ballsack lol. Idk why we just can’t call it what it is haha. But is that true, does it have to be clean shaven for the cream to absorb like it’s supposed to?

S1W

Interesting. So what was less convenient about the creams? I heard that some creams dry within 5-10 mins. Was it inconvenient to wait for it to dry? I also heard you have to have a freshly shaven scrotum, a.k.a. ballsack lol. Idk why we just can’t call it what it is haha. But is that true, does it have to be clean shaven for the cream to absorb like it’s supposed to?

I never bothered to shave any areas where I applied the cream. I’ve heard that you should for better absorption but I never had any issues. I started out applying mostly to my scrotum but seemed to feel better using other application sites and only wiping any excess residue on scrotum. I would mainly use inner upper arms, forearms/wrists, or inner thigh/groin. Man, people talk about shrunken balls on TRT which hasn’t been much of an issue for me after over a year on injections with no hcg...but putting a whole 100mg of cream on my nuts turns the whole sack into a shriveled miniature walnut. It was startling the first time.

I keep my house fairly cool in the winter and getting up in the morning and waiting for the cream to dry after applying and before putting on clothes sucks. If I applied to my shoulders I’d be walking around with no shirt, if I applied to inner thighs I’d be walking around in no pants and underwear. Also, sometimes it would seem that there would be a slight residue after the cream dried. So I’d wait 10-15 for cream to dry, then go back and rub the residue in with moisturizer and then wait another 5-10 minutes for that to dry.

If I applied to my shoulder and was walking around shirtless, I’d have to tell my wife not to touch me. Transference is an issue for us - we sleep nude and don’t plan on changing that. The fine print that comes with the cream says to avoid contact with others for “2-12 hours”. So anyone’s guess as to how long before you’re safe.

Also, you’re not supposed to get the area wet for at least four hours but I suspect the longer you can keep it dry the better. Avoiding getting sweaty, swimming, or showering anytime before noon was annoying, especially since we often do river trips in the summer.

I felt like I wanted to get the most out of the cream so I was diligent about rubbing in. Thing is, the skin on your hands does not absorb it well into the blood stream, but my typically dry and calloused hands would soak that shit up. So I began wearing a nitrile glove to rub it in, which eliminated any wasting of the cream and worry about touching things after applying if I was somewhere I couldn’t thoroughly wash my hands. But the glove was also one more thing to mess with.

Also I didn’t like having to do it every day. I know there are a few fans of frequent injections here but I personally enjoy the freedom of pinning 2x per week and feel better doing so (and my SHBG is 23). I only pin 2x week and never have to mess with TRT on weekends, when we’re frequently traveling, camping, etc. I didn’t like having to bring my little TRT kit with me everywhere, even if just going away for a night.

There are probably other things I’ve forgotten that I’ve left out, but I much prefer injections.

And those are just issues with cream I found to be inconvenient - I also feel better on injections. I will say that my libido was higher on the cream, but sexual function, particularly lack of sensitivity, was worse.

Also I wouldn’t put too much stock into what some of the bullshitters on that “TOT” show say. That one doc didn’t “crack” any friggin’ code with cream on the sack...shit, the doc I started TRT with is a naturopath in a relatively small western town and he knew all about that.

I’d say if you’re doing well on your current protocol, stick with it. Far too easy to read things online and think that maybe the grass is greener with some other protocol. Sometimes it isn’t.

Last edited:

Gman86

I never bothered to shave any areas where I applied the cream. I’ve heard that you should for better absorption but I never had any issues. I started out applying mostly to my scrotum but seemed to feel better using other application sites and only wiping any excess residue on scrotum. I would mainly use inner upper arms, forearms/wrists, or inner thigh/groin. Man, people talk about shrunken balls on TRT which hasn’t been much of an issue for me after over a year on injections with no hcg...but putting a whole 100mg of cream on my nuts turns the whole sack into a shriveled miniature walnut. It was startling the first time.

I keep my house fairly cool in the winter and getting up in the morning and waiting for the cream to dry after applying and before putting on clothes sucks. If I applied to my shoulders I’d be walking around with no shirt, if I applied to inner thighs I’d be walking around in no pants and underwear. Also, sometimes it would seem that there would be a slight residue after the cream dried. So I’d wait 10-15 for cream to dry, then go back and rub the residue in with moisturizer and then wait another 5-10 minutes for that to dry.

If I applied to my shoulder and was walking around shirtless, I’d have to tell my wife not to touch me. Transference is an issue for us - we sleep nude and don’t plan on changing that. The fine print that comes with the cream says to avoid contact with others for “2-12 hours”. So anyone’s guess as to how long before you’re safe.

Also, you’re not supposed to get the area wet for at least four hours but I suspect the longer you can keep it dry the better. Avoiding getting sweaty, swimming, or showering anytime before noon was annoying, especially since we often do river trips in the summer.

I felt like I wanted to get the most out of the cream so I was diligent about rubbing in. Thing is, the skin on your hands does not absorb it well into the blood stream, but my typically dry and calloused hands would soak that shit up. So I began wearing a nitrile glove to rub it in, which eliminated any wasting of the cream and worry about touching things after applying if I was somewhere I couldn’t thoroughly wash my hands. But the glove was also one more thing to mess with.

Also I didn’t like having to do it every day. I know there are a few fans of frequent injections here but I personally enjoy the freedom of pinning 2x per week and feel better doing so (and my SHBG is 23). I only pin 2x week and never have to mess with TRT on weekends, when we’re frequently traveling, camping, etc. I didn’t like having to bring my little TRT kit with me everywhere, even if just going away for a night.

There are probably other things I’ve forgotten that I’ve left out, but I much prefer injections.

And those are just issues with cream I found to be inconvenient - I also feel better on injections. I will say that my libido was higher on the cream, but sexual function, particularly lack of sensitivity, was worse.

Also I wouldn’t put too much stock into what some of the bullshitters on that “TOT” show say. That one doc didn’t “crack” any friggin’ code with cream on the sack...shit, the doc I started TRT with is a naturopath in a relatively small western town and he knew all about that.

Amazing post! This answered all the questions I had about testosterone cream and more! Obviously this is your opinions and personal experience, but it’s great to hear the viewpoint on it from an actual user, not a doctor trying to get more clients, and/or acting like they have a 100% success rate with their protocol, and have zero guys disliking the creams. This shouldn’t dissuade anyone from using creams, this should just give someone the pros and cons, and they should still ultimately try to figure out what is best for them. Clearly there’s other men out there that must love the creams, if not, nobody would be using them. But again, thank you so much for that reply! Really really appreciate all that info.

So how’s libido and sensitivity now on injections? And are your testicles less atrophied on injections? Any pros that you miss from using creams over injections?

S1W

Amazing post! This answered all the questions I had about testosterone cream and more! Obviously this is your opinions and personal experience, but it’s great to hear the viewpoint on it from an actual user, not a doctor trying to get more clients, and/or acting like they have a 100% success rate with their protocol, and have zero guys disliking the creams. This shouldn’t dissuade anyone from using creams, this should just give someone the pros and cons, and they should still ultimately try to figure out what is best for them. Clearly there’s other men out there that must love the creams, if not, nobody would be using them. But again, thank you so much for that reply! Really really appreciate all that info.

So how’s libido and sensitivity now on injections? And are your testicles less atrophied on injections? Any pros that you miss from using creams over injections?

You’re very welcome. Your thoughts are always helpful for other forum members so glad I could help. But you are correct that what I wrote is just my experience...however, the logistics are likely similar for most active/non-single guys on creams.

Sensitivity is vastly improved on injections. Libido is good enough for me and probably more than enough for my wife so I’d say it’s fine lol. It comes and goes throughout the week though with no rhyme or reason, but that seems natural to me.

Yes my testicles are less atrophied on injections. They’re also less atrophied on E3.5D than on MWF or EOD. Loads are bigger on E3.5D too compared to other protocols for whatever that’s worth. On E3.5D my testicles really are not that atrophied at all.

In terms of any pros I miss from creams: It was nice never having to poke myself with needles. Sterile environment/skin was not a concern. International travel seemed less intimidating - regardless of what laws actually permit legally, I always felt like some bonehead in customs would not even notice the cream but might raise an eyebrow to a vial and syringes. Though despite my concerns I never had any issues with either. And I did notice that I’d more or less crash in the evening when using cream 1x/day...but in an odd way it was nice being tired at bedtime. That said, fewer nocturnal erections if penile health/erections are any concern.

Another thing I forgot - way more acne with creams too, if you’re prone to that. Even at lower FT levels compared to injections .

Gman86

You’re very welcome. Your thoughts are always helpful for other forum members so glad I could help. But you are correct that what I wrote is just my experience...however, the logistics are likely similar for most active/non-single guys on creams.

Sensitivity is vastly improved on injections. Libido is good enough for me and probably more than enough for my wife so I’d say it’s fine lol. It comes and goes throughout the week though with no rhyme or reason, but that seems natural to me.

Yes my testicles are less atrophied on injections. They’re also less atrophied on E3.5D than on MWF or EOD. Loads are bigger on E3.5D too compared to other protocols for whatever that’s worth. On E3.5D my testicles really are not that atrophied at all.

In terms of any pros I miss from creams: It was nice never having to poke myself with needles. Sterile environment/skin was not a concern. International travel seemed less intimidating - regardless of what laws actually permit legally, I always felt like some bonehead in customs would not even notice the cream but might raise an eyebrow to a vial and syringes. Though despite my concerns I never had any issues with either. And I did notice that I’d more or less crash in the evening when using cream 1x/day...but in an odd way it was nice being tired at bedtime. That said, fewer nocturnal erections if penile health/erections are any concern.

Another thing I forgot - way more acne with creams too, if you’re prone to that. Even at lower FT levels compared to injections .

Great info. I just wish the guys on the TOT roundtable would be more honest, and not just talk about all the positives constantly. It gives men false expectations. The right thing to do, would be for them to talk about the pros and cons, and let men make up their own minds. But I guess there’s more money to be made just talking about the positives, and acting like out of the thousands of patients they’ve probably seen over the years, not one has ever had an issue, or been unhappy with certain protocols. Telling people you have a 100% success rate, is probably the way to go when trying to get more business, so I don’t blame them. But thank you for being so honest, and unbiased. The info you shared is priceless imo. I personally believe an anectodal story this detailed, is worth more than 100 flawed studies.

Charliebizz

Great info. I just wish the guys on the TOT roundtable would be more honest, and not just talk about all the positives constantly. It gives men false expectations. The right thing to do, would be for them to talk about the pros and cons, and let men make up their own minds. But I guess there’s more money to be made just talking about the positives, and acting like out of the thousands of patients they’ve probably seen over the years, not one has ever had an issue, or been unhappy with certain protocols. Telling people you have a 100% success rate, is probably the way to go when trying to get more business, so I don’t blame them. But thank you for being so honest, and unbiased. The info you shared is priceless imo. I personally believe an anectodal story this detailed, is worth more than 100 flawed studies.
Also a big difference from business and pure greed. Seems like a good amount of the trt/gurus are built off of.

pema

Would spreading the same dose over 2 applications per day make applying / absorption/ drying time much better since you're using half the product?

When the roundtable says "treat symptoms not numbers" does this mean simply giving a higher T dosage until you feel good and are symptom free? In other words, once you feel good and have no negative symptoms, you may discover your T is 1500 and E is 100, but if you feel good and are symptom free don't worry about it because numbers don't matter. What this suggests is that administering more T can overcome almost any other negative hormonal symptom.

To quote Churchill, "If you're going through hell, keep going."

Long term health aside (since Dr's are split on optimal health numbers and we're discussing only symptoms), what are your thoughts that higher and higher T dosages can eventually overcome most other negative hormonal symptoms and you will eventually feel good if you keep going up?

bkb33

My endo was hoping to try this before committing to (potentially) a lifetime of exogenous T, as I am 27 years old and otherwise quite healthy. But after 9 months, I was not seeing any results -- if anything, my symptoms had gotten worse.

And, having done my homework, I was convinced T would be at least part of the solution. It's early in the process -- I'm only about 1 month in -- but so far, I really believe I am headed in the right direction. Everything is getting better. Libido has gone from a 0 to a 5. And confidence is totally different (like, 3 to 8) -- which I didn't care about going into it, but has been a really nice side effect.

I'm currently not taking an AI, though I do have some on hand just in case we decide to re-add it later. I apply T cream 1x per day (A.M., trans-scrotally). No water retention or pre gyno symptoms that I've noticed.

I also don't think I've had the TRT flu. I did get sick for a couple days, but it's absolutely frigid here, and my wife has also been sick -- I think it was just a normal winter cold.

I'm having bloodwork completed next Friday. I'll circle back here with numbers when I get them!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me