Whats the ideal interval between TRT injections?

Buy Lab Tests Online

ridgeback

I'm a 40 year old male and I have been taking Test Cypionate for about 7 years now. I can't remember exact numbers but initially when I was 32/33 my counts were around 250ng. I lift weights frequently, dosage has always been .5ml per week although its usually in the middle between .5-.6. I've always done my injections once per week and although I haven't noticed much of an issue with ups and downs I can definitely tell the first 2-4 days I have more energy, especially at the gym. Again, the last 3 days of the week aren't bad or super low energy but I can tell the first couple they are higher. With a half life of 8 days I would imagine one injection per week is fine but I've never asked so I was curious. I'm not really worried about the needle at this point so doing .25ml every 3rd and 4th day wouldn't bother me if there was an actual benefit. Thoughts?

Also, how long after the expiration date is my T-Cypionate good for? For some reason every month the pharmacy has always given me 2000ml vials. Since thats enough for 9-10 weeks its stockpiled quite a bit and I noticed last week the vial I took form said it expired Dec/2016. Does older testosterone lose its effectiveness soon after the listed expiration date?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

If you feel different the last 3 days of the week, you need to split your weekly dose 2-3 times per week. You really need SHBG measured to determine the optimal dosing frequency. I have no clue how much Test you're injecting, please describe in mgs, not ml as the Test vial come in different strengths.

Test is good for several years, the expiration date is more about limiting liability.

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. As we ask so often...where does your SHBG sit? SHBG values are like arrows pointing patient and doctor toward the correct injection protocol. Members here at Excelmale inject weekly, every 3.5 days, every other day, and some of us inject every morning.

madman

Super Moderator
I'm a 40 year old male and I have been taking Test Cypionate for about 7 years now. I can't remember exact numbers but initially when I was 32/33 my counts were around 250ng. I lift weights frequently, dosage has always been .5ml per week although its usually in the middle between .5-.6. I've always done my injections once per week and although I haven't noticed much of an issue with ups and downs I can definitely tell the first 2-4 days I have more energy, especially at the gym. Again, the last 3 days of the week aren't bad or super low energy but I can tell the first couple they are higher. With a half life of 8 days I would imagine one injection per week is fine but I've never asked so I was curious. I'm not really worried about the needle at this point so doing .25ml every 3rd and 4th day wouldn't bother me if there was an actual benefit. Thoughts?

Also, how long after the expiration date is my T-Cypionate good for? For some reason every month the pharmacy has always given me 2000ml vials. Since thats enough for 9-10 weeks its stockpiled quite a bit and I noticed last week the vial I took form said it expired Dec/2016. Does older testosterone lose its effectiveness soon after the listed expiration date?

Most importantly what is your SHBG as it will dictate ones dose/injection frequency?

Do you have recent lab work to understand how the dose of testosterone you are injecting weekly is affecting your TT, FT, SHBG and estradiol (sensitive assay)?

It is a guessing game as to what the ideal interval between injections specifically in your case as we do not know your SHBG nor what dose of testosterone you are injecting weekly.....let alone what your TT, FT, and e2 are.

madman

Super Moderator

What strength is listed on the label of your vial.....100mg/ml or 200 mg/ml and is it a 2ml/5ml/10ml vial?

madman

Super Moderator
You can check google for ml to mg conversion, it says 0.5ml converts to 500mg.

What is the strength of your testosterone.....100mg/ml or 200mg/ml if we are talking about legitimate pharmaceutical grade testosterone as 100mg/ml and 200mg/ml is the most common strengths for testosterone cypionate or enanthate as oppose to Sustanon which is 125mg/ml or 250mg/ml and comes in 1ml ampules.

What does the label state on your vile?

If you are only injecting .5ml once weekly than the strength of your testosterone would more than likely be 200mg/ml as that works out to a common trt dose of 100mg/week.

Highly doubt the strength of your testosterone would be 100mg/week because you would be injecting 50mg/week which is way too low for trt.....mind you there are some men who do ok on really low doses such as 60-80mg/week but it is rare.

ridgeback

Currently each month the pharmacy either gives me ten 1ml vials or one 10ml vial. Both are 200mg/ml. I have no idea why they do this since that's enough to last 9-10 weeks but thats why I was asking about expiration dates too.

I'll have to check my last labs to get my TT, FT, SHBG and estradiol. Thanks

madman

Super Moderator
Currently each month the pharmacy either gives me ten 1ml vials or one 10ml vial. Both are 200mg/ml. I have no idea why they do this since that's enough to last 9-10 weeks but thats why I was asking about expiration dates too. Thanks

Finally....you should have just stated that right away!

As far as expiration as long as it is sealed as in the neoprene rubber stopper has not been punctured it should still be good past expiration date but how long before it actually starts to loose potency.....who knows 1 year or less.....guessing at best!

ridgeback

Sorry man, I guess after 7 years I"m still a noob. I never noticed the strength per ml was on there.

Really just knowing that yes, more than once a week is an option and works better for some people is what I was looking for. I was just making sure I didnt get a "no way, there is no need to inject more than once per week".

Kirk001

Really just knowing that yes, more than once a week is an option and works better for some people is what I was looking for. I was just making sure I didnt get a "no way, there is no need to inject more than once per week".

Yeah in fact it seems like once per week injections are one of the least common protocols... most guys inject at least twice a week.

ridgeback

Ok my doctor sent me labs but they were from 2 years ago. Not sure why but for some reason on this particular visit my T level was definitely above normal. I go about every 6 months now and most times I'm between 700-900, so not sure what happened here. I'll post my #s from February this year when I get them. Also, didn't see SHBG on there anywhere?

TT-1438
FT-320.7
Estradiol- 35

CoastWatcher

Ok my doctor sent me labs but they were from 2 years ago. Not sure why but for some reason on this particular visit my T level was definitely above normal. I go about every 6 months now and most times I'm between 700-900, so not sure what happened here. I'll post my #s from February this year when I get them. Also, didn't see SHBG on there anywhere?

TT-1438
FT-320.7
Estradiol- 35
If SHBG wasn't tested it raises a number of questions. First of all, why wasn't it? How was it possible for a protocol to be designed if the odds of its success weren't held up to SHBG values? What else didn't your doctor run/doesn't your doctor know? As for your estradiol, was it measured using the sensitive test? That's the only one that men should turn to. If you don't know, provide the reference range for that result. It's a dead giveaway.

sh1973

Not sure there’s an ideal frequency but I’ve tried eow, ew, twice weekly, and three times weekly with weekly being the best. I have high shbg and honestly could probably get by with every 8-10 days. I just never felt right splitting the dose and felt worse overall with subQ. It’s all subjective and you’ll really have to see what works best for you.

Billythe kid

New here and new to TRT.
Dr started me on 100ml Cyp once a week with HCG and CJ/Ipa - also some AI twice a week? My testing showed TT - 475 / Free Test at 6.9 and my SHBG at 64.6. Should I inject more than once per week? I took my first shot of cyp Wednesday 100 cc/ml (not sure of the lingo ....LOL) Any advice is appreciated.

Vince

Super Moderator
New here and new to TRT.
Dr started me on 100ml Cyp once a week with HCG and CJ/Ipa - also some AI twice a week? My testing showed TT - 475 / Free Test at 6.9 and my SHBG at 64.6. Should I inject more than once per week? I took my first shot of cyp Wednesday 100 cc/ml (not sure of the lingo ....LOL) Any advice is appreciated.
I would inject testosterone and HCG every 3 1/2 days. You can inject both on the same day. Also I would try to drop the AI. You probably do better with higher estrogen.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me