What is considered low Ferritin levels? new blood panel

Buy Lab Tests Online

BillyJ03z

Just got my recent bloodwork.... (this blood work was taken 1 day after 40mg Test Cyp injection) protocol is 120mg/Test Cyp (40mg 3 x per week and .25 adex 3 x per wk) I reduced from Test Cyp/200mg pr/wk

I have been suffering from Hypo symptoms for years....

ferritin 115 ng/ml (23.9-336.2)........Is this considered low?

TSH 2.2
FT3 4.0 pg/ml (2.0-4.4)
FT4 0.78 ng/dl (0.60-1.77)
Total T3 118 ng/dl (70-180)
Total T4 6.90 ug/dl (4.50-12.50)

Test 643 ng/dl (198-679)
Free Test 23.3 pg/ml (6.8-21.5)
E2 20 pg/ml (20-53)
SHBG 21.10 nmol/L (13-89) ..... my SHBG has raised since starting new TRT protocol as SHBG was usually between 10-12 after injections....

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
I personally don't see a problem with the ferritin, low 100's is usually ideal for men IMO. Iron serum should also be looked at, aiming 130-150 could be ideal.

The area that concerns me (at a glance) is your FT3 compared to FT4
FT3 is at 83% of reference range
FT4 is at 15% of reference range
(should be relatively close together, either excessive T4-to-T3 conversion, or higher demand of RT3 being converted from T4)

If you are taking Cytomel T3, that would explain it. If you're not, then you could have some other issues going on, causing FT3 to pool. Needing a Reverse T3 assay to go with all of these labs, along with knowing your TPO and TgAb antibodies.

Any idea where your iron sits and TIBC, along with adrenals (cortisol w/ DHEA correlation 4x saliva)?

BillyJ03z

No, Im not taking Cytomel...

TgAB <0.9 IU/ml (<4.0)
Thyroid peroxidase Anti 0.60 IU/ml (<10.00)
DHEAs 112 ug/dl (70-495)

my doctor did give me NDT but I have been reluctant to start it... Would it help?

no iron labs, no cortisol

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
No, Im not taking Cytomel...

TgAB <0.9 IU/ml (<4.0)
Thyroid peroxidase Anti 0.60 IU/ml (<10.00)
DHEAs 112 ug/dl (70-495)

my doctor did give me NDT but I have been reluctant to start it... Would it help?

no iron labs, no cortisol

No, IMO I would refrain from NDT or any thyroid meds. The goal with taking NDT would be to get T4 and T3 up, with an emphasis of elevating T3 and making it active in the cells. There sits the problem, your FT3 is already at 83%. If you're having "Hypo" like issues, then more than likely your T3 is pooling, meaning unable to adequately reach the cells for energy, metabolism, ATP, ...

We need to compare this against Reverse T3; looking at both serum level and ratio compared to RT3.

Take a look at www.stopthethyroidmadness.com and www.tiredthyroid.com for starters if you haven't already. Even if ferritin is okay, iron serum can be suboptimal, and/or cortisol needs looked at correctly with a 4x circadian profile analysis.

BillyJ03z

I will get on it asap... thank you

PS- is it possible my issue could be low cortisol/adrenal issues.... I started taking 20mg pregnenelone and 2.5 mg Dhea to help with adrenal and increase my very low Dheas

tbh.. it seemed that all my hypo symptoms started just after getting on TRT.. I had very high levels of E2 due to the fact that I had low SHBG.. I recently got my E2 down, my SHBG is increasing...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me