What is an optimal DHT level?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Alive

Mine is 55 in a 30 to 85 range, This may sound alright but remember guys whose DHT is bottom-normal are likely the ones whose TT is bottom-normal like 300. (I mean you can't really trust the normal range for something like this.) I'm thinking maybe supoptimal DHT is the cause of my low libido.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Alive

That sounds very good, and your doctor is probably right as when I take DHEA my libido increases. (Currently am at 269 in 102-416) Only if I could handle the side effects (acne and increased facial hair).

There is no optimal range, if X range relieves your symptoms then that is optimal.

Just like there's no optimal, T, E, FT...you get the point.

Trying some compounded cream to the scrotum would not be a waste of time if your Dr is willing to go there with you. You just apply it daily as an addition to your TRT already in place; no adjustments.

Joey786

Ive only tested dht once. I was using 40mg cyp twice per week and my dht was 38 range (30-85), free test 24.9 range (8.7-25.1). For some reason I dont convert to dht as much as other guys. My libido isnt great on 80mgs. On 100mgs my libido is excellent.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
In men, the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase (5-AR) converts testosterone into DHT in the testes and the prostate. Up to 10 percent (5-7% more usual) of testosterone is normally converted into DHT.

For example, TT= 800 ng/dL, then DHT= 80 ng/dL max

Applying T cream on testicles seems to increase conversion.

So, the higher the T level, the higher the DHT. But there seems to be a plateau at larger testosterone blood levels:

Effect of Testosterone Injections on Estradiol and DHT in Young and Older Men - ExcelMale

Testosterone, DHT and Estradiol and Mortality in Older Men - ExcelMale

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)- Man's Friend or Enemy? | Discounted Labs

Creatine users have more DHT in their blood

Vince

Super Moderator
The last time I had my DHT checked it was 4/17 2017. My DHT was.
57 range 30-85
My total testosterone was.

captain

My DHT was 171 using HCG and Testosterone Gel with TT 670. Insurance would not pay for DHT said it was not medically necessary. I had to pay 180.00 for the DHT lab. 50 is a good price.

Lite

My DHT is at the very bottom of the reference range, like just 1-2 points above the lower limit, although my total testosterone is around 600 ng/dl... Is this an issue? My E2 isn't over the range but its upper level of ref range and I got itchy chest area and perhaps a mild gyno. I've read DHT is an estrogen antagonist at receptor level. What would cause DHT not being converted from T properly? My T levels are pretty solid..

captain

Captain, how do you feel at 171?
I been the best I have been from the time starting TRT. Dr. Crisler did comment about how high it was for the dose of T. No idea how high its been over the years we never checked it. Been doing about the same thing for years till he added T3 to lower RT3 and I lowered dose of DHEA a little I started getting good results.

Last Labs same dose of T 4 pumps generic Fortesta with 150 unit HCG daily and 12mg DHEA 2-3 times a day.
T 954
E2 26
SHBG 40

No Idea of DHT I wasn't paying for that again.

Joey786

I’ve heard transdermals increase dht more than shots. Maybe the fortesta is giving you those higher dht levels? I must say I’m envious of your dht. Thinking about trying transdermal with my test c to boost my dht.

broker

For capatain and Lite.
Captain, you have very high dht ( 171 ). How is both your hair and prostate? Any hair loss with that high a level? Age?

Lite, you have very low DHT. How is your hair, full head if hair? Age?
Any prostate enlargement?

captain

I am 48 hair was falling out before TRT and has slowed after. I still have a full head of hair but is thinner than it was in my 30s. I had prostatitis off and on before TRT that got better after TRT. I had an ultrasound of kidneys and bladder 2 months ago and it said I had enlarged prostate. The report said it comes with age and not to think it was Testosterone only related. Dr. Crisler and my GP didn't seem to think it was a problem. When I find a new TRT doctor I will be asking about it.

broker

Interesting captain. I have a very similar story.
So you had hair thinning prior to starting T ? Do you know what your T levels and dht levels were prior to starting T ?

Lite

For capatain and Lite.
Captain, you have very high dht ( 171 ). How is both your hair and prostate? Any hair loss with that high a level? Age?

Lite, you have very low DHT. How is your hair, full head if hair? Age?
Any prostate enlargement?

I had this whole debacle with arimidex monoteraphy while ago which I believe started a cascade of all kinds of issues with me. I had full head of thick hair before that experiment but during and/or after that I started experiencing thinning at the front and slight recession but my hairline has stayed around the same after that so it's nothing too extreme. I still have extremely itchy scalp but hairline has stayed the same, slight thinning which is funny because my blood DHT is very low which would cause you to believe the opposite. Also I want to mention that I seemed to experience bit of thickening of the thin areas during the time I experimented with nolvadex, go figure, might have been purely coincidental.

Age is 25 and prostate is perfectly fine.

captain

TT 56 I recall with a note on the labs that said WOW. Never had DHT tested before. I was going to endos and urologist. I had bad anxiety and I have chronic back problems. I probably had high RT3 but no one looked into it. I have been an autobody tech for over 31 years exposed to all kinds of poison plus a head injury in my 20s that line up with the TBI timeline.

broker

Interesting captain. That is extremely low. I know 2 guys who had very bad back issues and both then got very low T levels. Trauma probably lowers T. Im nursing a bad back as we speak. Usually its my lower back, today its my upper back, basically my lower neck.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me