Very Frustrated with Defy...Advice please

Buy Lab Tests Online

Josh423

I started on testosterone first of August. I immediately felt significantly better and then began to slowly go back to where I was prior to starting. I called in a couple times and Defy told me to wait, which I did. After six weeks the new results showed my testosterone was up but was at 400. I begged for a more aggressive treatment and the doctor slightly increased my dose and went from a every other day to a daily injection. I'm still struggling and I am so tired of waiting months to find out that I need to increase the dose.

I have no energy for my family and continue to struggle at work. What can I do? I feel like a cog in the Defy machine, but I am convinced they are extremely knowledgable. But I don't and can't continue to just wait and wait on treatment. Is there another doctor or group out there that is as knowledgable but is more aggressive in treatment?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I started on testosterone first of August. I immediately felt significantly better and then began to slowly go back to where I was prior to starting. I called in a couple times and Defy told me to wait, which I did. After six weeks the new results showed my testosterone was up but was at 400. I begged for a more aggressive treatment and the doctor slightly increased my dose and went from a every other day to a daily injection. I'm still struggling and I am so tired of waiting months to find out that I need to increase the dose.

I have no energy for my family and continue to struggle at work. What can I do? I feel like a cog in the Defy machine, but I am convinced they are extremely knowledgable. But I don't and can't continue to just wait and wait on treatment. Is there another doctor or group out there that is as knowledgeable but is more aggressive in treatment?

Start low and go slow is the best piece of advice.

It is common for one to feel good when first starting trt as not only are you injecting exogenous testosterone but you are still producing testosterone endogenously as shutdown of the hpta does not happen immediately.

During the first 6 weeks you may experience feeling good in the beginning only to be followed by feeling sub par as your hpta shutsdown and it may turn out that the dose you were started on is not enough to get your testosterone levels where they need to be.

Also understand that it takes 6 weeks for blood levels to stabilize and most of the smart treating physicians will start a patient with a reasonable testosterone dose as oppose to the t-mills which start patients on too high a dose which can lead to issues.

Testosterone is powerful and the body needs time to adapt.

One should not expect miracles when first starting trt and anytime a protocol (dose/injection frequency) is started whether one is first getting on trt or already on trt and adjusting their protocol it takes 6 weeks for blood levels to stabilize before lab work is done to see how said dose effects your TT, FT, SHBG, e2 among other health markers and of course how the patient is feeling overall regarding low t symptoms.....than and only than will your doctor decide whether a dose increase is needed.

You just need to tough it out as you are in good hands with Defy as they treat 1000s of patients and are well versed in trt!

I have no energy for my family and continue to struggle at work. What can I do? I feel like a cog in the Defy machine, but I am convinced they are extremely knowledgable. But I don't and can't continue to just wait and wait on treatment. Is there another doctor or group out there that is as knowledgable but is more aggressive in treatment?
This is the kind of forum that deals with lab tests and posts those labs such that we can have an informed discussion, coming here and saying you feel bad just isn't useful for any one at all.

Josh423

Vince You have a good point. I really wasn't looking for medical advise as much as advice on what I should do or say to help with Defy. Madman your response was very helpful. I reached out to Defy and they are increasing my dose without waiting another 4-6 weeks. I realized I needed to be a better advocate for myself.

Just posting my frustration was helpful and I am so thankful for this place to be able to do that.

Systemlord

I wasted 1.5 years on doctors that didn't know what they were doing, you're working with experienced doctors right off the bat.

It will take time to dial in your TRT protocol, once you find the correct dosage and you spend weeks to months in a good range for you and your body and mind will be rewarded.

You're very likely dealing with and hpta shutdown which can take a couple of weeks to occur, the TRT honeymoon as we call it. TRT is a marathon and not a sprint, rushing things will only make matters worse.

mooseman109

I agree with low and slow. I hd my hct go way high, like 62 from dealing with my PCP and wrong dosing. I could barely breath upon any exercise, like even walking fast. SO, from my trying not to die weeks, I learned go slow and make adjustments one at a time. For example when I start with Defy they wanted to change my test dosaage and frequency and add hcg and dhea. I refused to do all three at once. How would I know which one caused what. I did 2-3 months of new trt protocol and all was good. I added hug for 2-3 months, E2 went up a nd nuts got bigger, add dhea and e2 went thru the roof. So I knew what cause what. yes it took 7-9 months, but I was able to manage my care.
While defy is great and I am very happy to be with them, it is ultimately up to you to look after your health. So for me it is low and slow. It is a journey as has been mentiioned, not a sprint. You will get it dialed in if you hang in there.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me