Typical starting injection dose

Buy Lab Tests Online

galaxy

Hello - I posted earlier about making the switch from androgel to injections
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...ek-Lab-Results-Thinking-of-Switching-to-Shots

I made a request of my doctor to change to injections given my lackluster results and was prescribed 100mg once every two weeks. I had suggested a starting dose of 100mg every week given my 4 pumps of androgel daily was 81mg and at 25% absorption that's about 140/week. I have an appointment with defy in a several weeks but really need to resolve the fatigue that's crept back in my life. I've recently started a new job and it's affecting my performance

My question is this: I have enough androgel to last me until my defy appointment at 4 pumps daily which only moved my total T to 436. Am I better off staying with androgel or moving to 50mg every week injections? While 50mg isn't an ideal starting point is it enough to move the needle in the right direction or would it be worse. Also note my SHBG is 20 so I'd probably end up doing 25mg every 3.5 days.

Another thing I could potentially do would be 1 pump androgel daily plus 25mg cypionate every 3.5 days That would put me at approximately 85mg/week depending on absorption The aim would be to move to injections full stop once I'm all set up at defy

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
My starting trt protocol was 70 mg of testosterone cypionate twice a week and 500 IU of HCG twice a week. I injected both in my shoulders, on the same day and it worked great for me. Many members start at 50 mg of testosterone twice a week but personally I think it's too low.

galaxy

Thanks Vince so clearly my doctors 100mg every two weeks is too low. My plan is to do 25mg 2x/week as that's the only amount I've been provided and layer on 1 or 2 pumps of androgel until I get to defy. It's not ideal but I really need to solve my fatigue / concentration issues for this new job.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks Vince so clearly my doctors 100mg every two weeks is too low. My plan is to do 25mg 2x/week as that's the only amount I've been provided and layer on 1 or 2 pumps of androgel until I get to defy. It's not ideal but I really need to solve my fatigue / concentration issues for this new job.

I can't see how you will get results from that low amount, no one goes at low. How can a doctor be justified calling himself a doctor and getting paid for some ridiculous protocol like that.

CoastWatcher

I have to agree with Vince. You'll likely feel the effects of profound hypogonadism on the protocol you referenced. You deserve better treatment. Your doctor is frightened of "steroid injections," knows nothing of testosterone half-life, and as a result will send you to hormone hell.

sh1973

I’m doing 60mg once weekly and feel fantastic. Been on trt over 8.5 years and tried pretty much everything other than pellets. Higher certainly isn’t always better. Dropping the dose has been an eye opener for me. Also my shbg levels are in the 60-70 range.

equel

Doesnt that doc, mark something, say that most men do best on 60mg of test E a week? Cant remember his name, but very well known in the trt community.

FOX1

Stay under the advice of your doctor or wait until your Defy appointment, far too many people on this forum take matters into their own hands without proper medical advice and inject simply due to what others advise
This is wrong, you need to follow the advice of your doctor, if you think he is wrong, change your doctor but remain under medical advice.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me