Tsh slightly elevated, doc put me on meds for it?

Buy Lab Tests Online

albatross

No just TSH that is all they care about. I had pages of blood panels that I had paid for myself but they were not really interested in looking at them.

As I said, without access to a decent physician I felt it was best to take responsibility for my own thyroid levels.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Bob Lee

3.7 might not seem that high to most, but it is WELL over the limit. Anyone that knows what they are talking about will want to medicate you 100% of the time. It’s not even a question. You’re not even close to normal. Not trying to scare you or anything. It just seems like you are unsure whether a TSH of 3.7 is an issue or not. Just want to let you know that you 100% have hypothyroidism with a TSH of 3.7. Unless you had a free T3 of 3.7+, free T4 midrange, RT3 below 15 and total T3 midrange. If you had all those values within those ranges I described, then I would say not to worry about the high TSH. But I’m pretty sure it’s impossible for those numbers to be good with a TSH so high.

One more thing. Does anyone worry about bone loss by supplementing for weak thyroid?

Gman86

One more thing. Does anyone worry about bone loss by supplementing for weak thyroid?

You asking if some people worry about bone loss with low thyroid, or too much thyroid medication?

Low thyroid can 100% decrease bone density, if that’s what you’re asking.

Gman86

No just TSH that is all they care about. I had pages of blood panels that I had paid for myself but they were not really interested in looking at them.

As I said, without access to a decent physician I felt it was best to take responsibility for my own thyroid levels.

Did you end up getting on NDT? How’s your thyroid doing currently?

Bob Lee

You asking if some people worry about bone loss with low thyroid, or too much thyroid medication?

Low thyroid can 100% decrease bone density, if that’s what you’re asking.

Yes, really any amount of thyroid medication. That’s what is in the studies. But I know this group has studied and experienced it personally — so I’m asking if it’s really seen?

Gman86

Yes, really any amount of thyroid medication. That’s what is in the studies. But I know this group has studied and experienced it personally — so I’m asking if it’s really seen?

From my understanding, low thyroid function can contribute to bone loss. I’ve never heard, or read anything about thyroid medication causing bone loss. If you post a study or two about it, I can guarantee we can all figure out the flaws in the study that showed why the study reported bone loss in people on thyroid medication. I would imagine that bone loss can also occur when thyroid levels are too high. So maybe the patient’s levels were too high on thyroid medication, which caused bone loss, and they blamed it on the medication itself.

Bob Lee

From my understanding, low thyroid function can contribute to bone loss. I’ve never heard, or read anything about thyroid medication causing bone loss. If you post a study or two about it, I can guarantee we can all figure out the flaws in the study that showed why the study reported bone loss in people on thyroid medication. I would imagine that bone loss can also occur when thyroid levels are too high. So maybe the patient’s levels were too high on thyroid medication, which caused bone loss, and they blamed it on the medication itself.

Thanks gman. Yep. It seems many people take too much. And as people age, they may need less, so if levels are not checked, they’re taking too much. Thanks for your responses.

albatross

Did you end up getting on NDT? How’s your thyroid doing currently?

Only just seen this. I started on 1 grain and that did not move my numbers much - TSH down to 3.8 and free T4 suppressed a bit so have moved to 1.5 and now 2 grains. I will wait another few weeks for levels to stabilise and then do bloods.

Feeling better on 2 grains though so hopefully things are looking up.

wsj357

So im on test for years now. Went in for my 3 month checkup and my tsh came up as 5.7

The doctor prescribed me 50 mcg unithroid

It would explain alot, such as my fatigue, sleep issues. Brain fog and being cold for a while now.

Should i start on the meds, or should i test my t3, t4, rt3 and antibodies first to see if i really need this medication?

TSH 2 or higher is whacked 5 is high and I had the same. I took t4/t3 and it helped me within 1 hour of my first dose.

Make sure you are taking t4/t3.

Go research on here and you’ll realize the answers quickly. This jsut tells me you are not doing the foot work to educate yourself on the subject. Why is that? Take charge of your health bro. Spend the time learning and you’ll be healthier for it.

CaptianCurious

Hi.

On the ndt you can expect a low total t4 and probably a low ft4. The t4/t3 ratio in ndt is much less than the ratio humans make. 38/9 vs 100/6

Some mix t4 with ndt to avoid the below range t4.

Thyroid is generally pretty safe to supplement. It's obvious if your dose is too high.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me