Thyroid Values - Opinions Welcome

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vtail

What do you guys think about these Thyroid numbers? Particularly the borderline high Reverse T3?

1549995530234.png

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
High RT3 indicates pooling meaning your T3 isn't making it in to your cells where it's needed. The feedback loop on this is the body saying I need more T3, so the Pituitary is pumping out TSH so you make more and it just pools...vicious cycle.

You can look at an iron deficiency, or possible supplementation with Iodine and/Selenium. I wouldn't at this time say you need T3 or T4 administration, if you want to go conservative on treatment options.

Then the $100 question...what symptom here is negatively impacting you? You don't say anything is "wrong" besides some numbers on a lab test.

Gman86

Is there any downside to doing a trial run of thyroid medication? For instance, is there a negative feedback loop, where if you take a too low of a dose, you may have lower numbers than when you started? Or does it just add to your numbers like DHEA does?

Systemlord

Vince Carter is correct, your TSH is elevated indicating your body is attempting to take action to increase fT3 and instead is converting instead to rT3.

Vtail

High RT3 indicates pooling meaning your T3 isn't making it in to your cells where it's needed. The feedback loop on this is the body saying I need more T3, so the Pituitary is pumping out TSH so you make more and it just pools...vicious cycle.

You can look at an iron deficiency, or possible supplementation with Iodine and/Selenium. I wouldn't at this time say you need T3 or T4 administration, if you want to go conservative on treatment options.

Then the $100 question...what symptom here is negatively impacting you? You don't say anything is "wrong" besides some numbers on a lab test.

I had a thyroid panel tested after posting my 6 week labs on another thread and it was suggested that my TSH may indicate thyroid issues. The symptoms that impact my life are primarily low energy and lack of focus (brain fog). I've been on TRT for 2 months now and feel marginally better, but still not great. I had a "honeymoon" period during week 4, and my hope is to get dialed in to feel like that on a more continual basis. I will be having a consult with Defy soon, so we'll see what they say about the thyroid labs. Thanks for the info and advice!

CoastWatcher

I had a thyroid panel tested after posting my 6 week labs on another thread and it was suggested that my TSH may indicate thyroid issues. The symptoms that impact my life are primarily low energy and lack of focus (brain fog). I've been on TRT for 2 months now and feel marginally better, but still not great. I had a "honeymoon" period during week 4, and my hope is to get dialed in to feel like that on a more continual basis. I will be having a consult with Defy soon, so we'll see what they say about the thyroid labs. Thanks for the info and advice!
The honeymoon period you reported is a common event many men experience in the early stages of their protocol. Natural production hasn't yet shutdown and as serum levels are in flux with the addition of exogenous testosterone being introduced, well, it's often a very nice feeling. You will be in good hands with Defy.

BillyJ03z

Is there any downside to doing a trial run of thyroid medication? For instance, is there a negative feedback loop, where if you take a too low of a dose, you may have lower numbers than when you started? Or does it just add to your numbers like DHEA does?

I would like to know the answer to the question above!!!!!! My numbers are almost exactly like Vtail and have same symptoms...

Gman86

so there is no negative feedback loop to make things worse...? so a small dose of NDT 15 or 30mg could actually help if T4/FT4 levels are slightly low?

Ya theoretically it should. I think the amount of suppression is dose dependent. There’s cases of guys supplementing with a low amount of thyroid medication, and their TSH only went down a little bit. I’ve even seen cases where their TSH stayed about the same, due to the dose being very low.

I found an amazing doctor on YouTube, his name is Westin Childs. His channel is literally just about the thyroid. He’s an edocrinologist I believe.

BillyJ03z

I was taking NDT starting out at 15mg and moving up every 2 weeks until I hit 1 grain... I stopped taking NDT about a month ago after I adjusted my Test doses going to low dose ed (approx 100mg/wk)... I wanted to gauge how I felt with just a Test change... I think I will add 15mg NDT back in for a few weeks and see how I feel. I do feel that exogenous Test at any amount does have an effect on other hormones possibly throwing some out of whack like SHBG and Thyroid. Since starting TRT my SHBG has dropped immensely to the very bottom of ranges when it used to be mid-levels prior to TRT. I've researched that Low SHBG reflects Thyroid function... supposedly higher SHBG improves thyroid function... and supplementing NDT/thyroid will help raise SHBG...

Powerdome

Wish my TSH was around 4 haha...its around 8. I wonder how I would feel it it went down to 2-3? as I dont really have too much to complain about..other lads in range

Gman86

Wish my TSH was around 4 haha...its around 8. I wonder how I would feel it it went down to 2-3? as I dont really have too much to complain about..other lads in range

The answer is easy. Still not good, but better than however you feel now. Ideally, you want TSH between 0.5-2.0. Dr. Westin Childs considers anyone with a TSH over 2.0 as most likely being hypothyroid. 2.5+, is without a doubt hypothyroid, from what he says.

And when you say other labs are in range, RT3 should be well below 15. Total T3 should be upper 1/3-1/4 of the range. Free T4 should be in the upper 1/3-1/4 of the range. Free T3 should be upper 1/4 of the range. And thyroid peroxidase, as well as thyroglobulin antibodies should both be as close to zero as possible. With a TSH as high as yours, I’d be very surprised if all your other thyroid labs were in range.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me