Thyroid T3 ok T4 low

Buy Lab Tests Online

johann

Hi guys.
Just a little simple question.
My T3 is in a good range using Nature-Troid, but my T4 is low, do I get any benefit to rasie my T4 into normal range, or is it enough to have the T3 optimal?
Johann

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

johann

Free T4=0.8 (0.8-1.5)
Free T3=350 (210-440)
T3 =113 (76-181)
TSH =0.85 (0.35-4.0)
Ferritin =80 (25-336)

Been taking 75mg Nature-Throid 3x a day
Just raised it to 97.5mg 3x a day after this blood test.

Blackhawk

I just had a consultation w Dr Saya about the same thing with my thyroid, my Free T3 was 4.5, and Free T4 0.89 2 hours after taking my dose.

His explanation for me was that since Natural Dessicated Thyroid is 4:1 T4:T3 I am converting T4 to T3 very well. Adding T4 to that would only get converted as well, making me hyperthyroid or could be converted instead to RT3 which we don't want. So as long as I am asymptomatic, it's fine.

johann

T3 is the active hormone and is made from T4 and you have fair FT3 so no I don't think you need to do anything else.
Yes, I know that, I was just wondering if it would have any benefit, just if it would make me feel 2% better, or overall health. Thanks, I will just leave it, see how my next test comes out after raising it.

MarcoFL

would not do a thing if you feel good. Numbers are good. I would run a RT3 next time to just make sure you do not have to much converting there.

MarcoFL

so am I reading this correctly that you are now taking 7.5 grains of NDT per day? that is a big jump from your previous dose.

MarcoFL

Johann, got it! my bad. PM me and let me know how the new level is going for you in a month. I am currently taking 2 grains in am and the 2 at 4pm daily. Trying to find the right level and just did full labs last week so waiting to see my numbers. I would have sent this PM but have not figured it out yet. Good luck!

johann

Johann, got it! my bad. PM me and let me know how the new level is going for you in a month. I am currently taking 2 grains in am and the 2 at 4pm daily. Trying to find the right level and just did full labs last week so waiting to see my numbers. I would have sent this PM but have not figured it out yet. Good luck!
Thanks Mark, will do.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching