Thyroid Lab Results, Need Help Interpreting Results

Buy Lab Tests Online

CROM

By looking at my thyroid lab bloodwork what does the following tell you? Does it mean that my metabolism is sluggish? The only thing out of rage is TSH. I am on 15mcg of Cytomel.

TSH = 5.060
RT3 = 19.9
T3 Free = 3.7
T4 Free = 1.37

Here are my lab results prior to Cytomel were:

TSH = 5.740
RT3 = 21
T3 Free = 3.6
T4 Free = 1.49

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
There are a lot of details missing/needed, which are pertinent with your thread.

First thing would be to also post reference ranges with your lab results. We also need to look at thyroid antibodies (TPO &TgAb) to understand if an autoimmune condition like Hashis is evident.

IMO, 15mg of Cytomel won't be enough to adequately treat hypothyroidism. Usually 25mg to 50mg is somewhat sufficient, but some people need more.

Selenium and iodine can play an important role with the thyroid, as can D3, iron, and other variables. Research this subject and you will see how all of this interacts and benefits the thyroid and productivity thereof.

MarcoFL

you are converting a lot of your T4 into RT3 which is making your FT3 less than it appears. Conversion can be hurt when your iron is low. If your RT3 was around 10 with the FT3 at 3.7 that would be much better. Talk to your doctor but more T3 might drop your RT3 to closer to 10.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me