The relationship between hypothyroidism and chronic rhinitis.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Systemlord

I finally have an answer to my sudden chronic rhinitis that came about out of the blue, it all started after a nasal infection and that's when my chronic rhinitis became a constant everyday struggle. Even after several surgeries relief has been minimal, then I came across this study after finding out I have undiagnosed hypothyroidism. There must be others out there and I thought it was my duty to spread the word.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20626323

RESULTS:

The most frequent complaints of the patients were nasal obstruction (48%), headaches (20%) and rhinorrhea (16%). Following treatment, the complaints resolved significantly (p=0.005). The difference between the turbinate hypertrophy and mucosal pallor before and after treatment was significant (p=0.005). The clearance time difference before and after treatment was highly significant (p=0.001). The nasal peak flow meter results after treatment were also significantly improved (p=0.001).

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sean Mosher

Also, if you get the chance, could you post your labs when you realized you had undiagnosed hypothyroidism?
Would like to see what the docs missed..........

Systemlord

I know it's a little premature but all of my symptoms started around the same time, after a certain point I became unable to fight off infections. Multiple Ear infections, sinus infections, chronic cough and have been sneezing for years, brother as well. Both have very high libido.

I wonder if having E2 high for 6 months could have cause RT3 and antibodies to become elevated do to the mood imbalance.

Labcorp Results -
50mg twice weekly, 400mg DIM twice daily, 1000mg Calcium D glucarate twice daily. Little effect!

Total T =
677 ng/dL 264-916 ng/dL

Free T = 29.2 pg/mL 6.8-21.5 pg/mL

SHBG = 16.2 nmol/L 16.5-55.9 nmol/L -1.8

Sensitive E2 = 70.6 8.0-35.0 pg/mL Yikes!

TSH .902 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL Pre-TRT .580 uIU/mL

Free T4 1.37 0.82-1.77 ng/dL

Free T3 3.6 2.0-4.4 pg/mL

Reverse T3 22.4 9.2-24.1 ng/dL

Thyroglobulin Antibody 1.1 0.0-0.9 IU/mL

Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab 10 0-34 IU/mL

Hemoglobin 16.7 13.0-17.7 g/dL

Hematocrit 48.8 37.5-51.0

RBC 5.58 4.14-5.80

DHEA-Sulfate = 224.1 - 71.6-375.4 ug/dL

AM Cortisol = 14.2 6.2 - 19.4 ug/dL

IGF = 153 67-205 ng/mL

Prostate Specific Ag, Serum 1.0 0.0-4.0 ng/mL

Magnesium, RBC 5.7 4.2-6.

Gman86

Man it sucks about that high reverse T3 and antibodies, because otherwise your thyroid labs look great. I'm personally not sure about the high E2 being the cause for those being elevated. The only thing I can say is I've had high E2 for months at a time before and it never caused those to be high. Those two labs always came back on the lower side for me, even with high E2

But damn I am jealous of that free T! I can't believe you can have such a great Free T level at such a moderate total T level. That's awesome. Which makes me super surprised that your E2 is that elevated at such a moderate total T level. I don't think I've ever seen such a high E2 with that level of total T before. Are you experiencing any high E2 symptoms? Almost makes me think it was a lab error.

Lastly, I'm extremely jealous of your Magnesium RBC. I've tried everything to get it to budge from 3.7-4.0 range. I would kill for a Magnesium RBC of 5.7! lol. How did you get it so high, are you supplementing with magnesium?

Systemlord

Man it sucks about that high reverse T3 and antibodies, because otherwise your thyroid labs look great. I'm personally not sure about the high E2 being the cause for those being elevated. The only thing I can say is I've had high E2 for months at a time before and it never caused those to be high. Those two labs always came back on the lower side for me, even with high E2

But damn I am jealous of that free T! I can't believe you can have such a great Free T level at such a moderate total T level. That's awesome. Which makes me super surprised that your E2 is that elevated at such a moderate total T level. I don't think I've ever seen such a high E2 with that level of total T before. Are you experiencing any high E2 symptoms? Almost makes me think it was a lab error.

Lastly, I'm extremely jealous of your Magnesium RBC. I've tried everything to get it to budge from 3.7-4.0 range. I would kill for a Magnesium RBC of 5.7! lol. How did you get it so high, are you supplementing with magnesium?

My free testosterone scores being what they are gives a whole new meaning to Dr. Crisler's saying, "low SHBG men can tolerate almost no estrogen". In my case I can tolerate very high estrogen without losing my mind, been laughing my *** off and cracking jokes with family all weekend. Perhaps there's a genetic component at work here that relates to my ability to attain very high free testosterone, therefore I'm genetically setup to handle high free estrogen. I can only imagine my free estrogen level. It's obvious I'm not on an AI, Kaiser doesn't prescribe AI's.

I have to quit my protocol today, extremely jittery the last 12 hours! I restarted 16mg EOD until my Defy consult in 4 weeks, I will see the return of erections in 3.5 weeks along with E2 levels, I'm buying time and have plenty of DIM and calcium D glucarate and downing it like candy. I believe the reason my muscles are sore and stiff at the time is because testosterone is stepping on the gas pedal and my thyroid is stepping on the brakes, the hole time I've been on TRT I have the good energy and the minute I attempt to do moderate muscles workout, my arms and legs start shaking badly as if they refuse to work. This is why I ran a Magnesium RBC test.

The more effective the TRT protocol (erections/libido), the more my muscles refuse to work. I feel like I'm ready for a street race and am mashing on both the brake and gas peddle, I'm not going anywhere. I suspect it's high estrogen slamming on the breaks, usually I notice the E2 symptoms that are effectively stepping on the brakes mentally and physically. That is why I wonder if it could be causing Reverse T3 to be elevated.

Last edited:

Gman86

So are you experiencing any high E2 symptoms like itchy nipples/ sensitivity, bloating, more emotional, erection/ libido issues?

Also were you taking any magnesium supplements to get such a good Magnesium RBC level? Just curious.

And ya with a SHBG of 16 you really probably should be doing daily injections, but switching to EOD will definitely be an improvement over twice weekly injections.

Systemlord

So are you experiencing any high E2 symptoms like itchy nipples/ sensitivity, bloating, more emotional, erection/ libido issues?

Also were you taking any magnesium supplements to get such a good Magnesium RBC level? Just curious.

And ya with a SHBG of 16 you really probably should be doing daily injections, but switching to EOD will definitely be an improvement over twice weekly injections.

All symptoms listed above for the last 6 months. Pointless to start injecting everyday considering SHBG will increase after thyroid treatment is started. The men in my family can pack on muscle and I have a good amount of muscle which suggests SHBG should be higher naturally. The first 6 months SHBG was 18 and free T was lower and E2 was lower as well, then hypothyroid symptoms started.

Gman86

Oh good point about the SHBG increasing after initiating thyroid treatment. So EOD should be just fine.

So what about the magnesium, are you supplementing to get that good of a Magnesium RBC?

Systemlord

Oh good point about the SHBG increasing after initiating thyroid treatment. So EOD should be just fine.

So what about the magnesium, are you supplementing to get that good of a Magnesium RBC?

Only for a day (300mg x2 daily), not sure if that's long enough to show results. I didn't expect to be able to get the finances together to afford Defy Medical so early, probably wasted money.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me