Buy Lab Tests Online

Zooulie12

So I was on the phone today with cvs about my testosterone prescription. And they said they can’t fill a 10ml vile for a 90 day supply because after 28 days it goes bad. So they have to use 1 ML vials. I have never heard of test going bad after 28 days. The old pharmacy I use to get it from was always in a 90 day supply. So have I been using testosterone that’s expired then? I always use it in the 90 day window never past.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

It's pure BS that Test would become contaminated after 28 days, sounds like someone pushing their own agenda and the soldiers are just following orders.

Didn't the price increase for those who have 10 individual vials...

Zooulie12

It's pure BS that Test would become contaminated after 28 days, sounds like someone pushing their own agenda and the soldiers are just following orders.

Didn't the price increase for those who have 10 individual vials...
Not sure about the last part. But I kind of figured, it just didn’t make any sense. I get after maybe 3-4 months it looses its potency. But after 28 days???? That makes no sense. I feel like it’s just to get more money, kind of like you were alluding too.

lemonflavor

They're sticking to some sort of guidelines, even if they're ridiculous:

"When should multi-dose vials be discarded?
Medication vials should always be discarded whenever sterility is compromised or questionable.
In addition, the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) General Chapter 797 [16] recommends the following for multi-dose vials of sterile pharmaceuticals:
  • If a multi-dose has been opened or accessed (e.g., needle-punctured) the vial should be dated and discarded within 28 days unless the manufacturer specifies a different (shorter or longer) date for that opened vial."
Questions about Multi-dose vials | Injection Safety | CDC

I get my Test from CVS also.The actual reason is the bottle isn't considered sterile 28 days after its first punctured, not that the test goes bad. I am not interested in arguing this point with anyone, its not my idea, just reporting what they are doing and why. Argue it with CVS. There is a lot more than 28 days supply in a 10ml bottle, thats the reason they give out 1ml bottles. And insurance. My insurance will only cover 90 days supply at 1 time, so that's 6Ml. Hard to dispense 6ml unless its done in 1ml bottles.

Zooulie12

I get my Test from CVS also.The actual reason is the bottle isn't considered sterile 28 days after its first punctured, not that the test goes bad. I am not interested in arguing this point with anyone, its not my idea, just reporting what they are doing and why. Argue it with CVS. There is a lot more than 28 days supply in a 10ml bottle, thats the reason they give out 1ml bottles. And insurance. My insurance will only cover 90 days supply at 1 time, so that's 6Ml. Hard to dispense 6ml unless its done in 1ml bottles.
What a lying sack of shit that lady on the phone was then. I knew it didn’t seem right. She was basically telling me it’s bad after 28 days. And it just didn’t make sense. These pharmacy’s are evil at times I swear.

Systemlord

What a lying sack of shit that lady on the phone was then. I knew it didn’t seem right. She was basically telling me it’s bad after 28 days. And it just didn’t make sense. These pharmacy’s are evil at times I swear.

A multi-dose vial is a vial of liquid medication intended for parenteral administration (injection or infusion) that contains more than one dose of medication.
Multi-dose vials are labeled as such by the manufacturer and typically contain an antimicrobial preservative to help prevent the growth of bacteria.

In reality if you have good habits and inject smartly, you can easily go beyond the 28 days after puncturing the vial. I use up my vials every 14 weeks, never had a problem.

The 28 days rule is big brother bring overly protective.

Last edited:

j4ever

yeah that is a bunch of BS, and its only a recommendation, I think this started a good while back, so far I have not had any issues getting 10 ml vials, I have never had an issue with using a vial for more than 28 days, I mean a lot more than 28 days

madman

Super Moderator
Prescribing testosterone enanthate or cypionate in 10 ml vials was the norm for decades and on average the strength is either 100 mg/ml or 200 mg/ml.

If we than take into account the piss poor injection dose/frequency- 200 mg every 2 weeks listed on the big Pharma leaflets that are inside the box with the vial.

Than a 10 ml (200 mg/ml) vial would last 5 months as poor joe blow is only injecting twice monthly.

A 10 ml (100 mg/ml) vial would last 2.5 months.....so go figure!

Now all of a sudden 28 days later due to possible compromised sterility.....what a joke.

Vince

Super Moderator
So do they just give you three vials? I wouldn't want to run to the pharmacy every month to pick up my trt meds.

So do they just give you three vials? I wouldn't want to run to the pharmacy every month to pick up my trt meds.

No sir, I get 6 1ml Vials each run to the pharmacy. Here is how the math works. My original prescription was .5Ml every 7 days, that works out to 2 weeks per 1ml bottle. So my insurance pays for only a 3 months supply each time, so 12 weeks (84 days) equals 6Ml, so they give me six 1m bottles every 84 days.

Then my doctor and I later agreed I would switch to .4ML every 7 days after my total T labs consistently came back so high. However to keep confusion down on the prescription he left it at .5Ml. I am actually only taking .35Ml and can get 3 shots out of each 1ml bottle since they are slightly overfilled. That has my total T around 800 which is great for me even at .35Ml every 7 days.

So at the end of 3 months I have over 1 1/2 bottles left which is great because CVS will not allow a refill sooner than 3 days then half the time they are out and its 3-5 days before they get any in. By having some left over by the prescription being .5 with me only taking .35 I don't miss a shot on time.

My last prescription my doctor really helped me out a lot after discussing all of this with him. He made it for 12ML with 1 refill or a total of 24ML. at .5Ml every week that's a 1 year prescription so I don't have any issues getting my medicine refilled now with all the CVS hassles. I have plenty left over after every 3 months supply to carry me over if CVS is OUT of meds. My dr really helped me here.

I also had problems with CVS getting my syringes. What a debacle that was. I got that solved also. Now no problems getting my meds or syringes. I am 18 months into TRT and loving it.

Yes I am only doing .35Ml or 70mg every 7 days. NO HCG ever and no AI ever. I have no ball shrinkage, nothing. I go for my 6 months labs this Wednesday.

TRT has been simply amazing for me. I am classic case of less is more with TRT.

I poke a 5mL vial over 70 times, no problems. But you deal with their rules. Crying about it on a forum isn't going to change what they will dispense to you.

Whitey26

I’ve had the same issue with cvs. If your doctor writes the script for 10ml vial ask them to not put the dosage on it. Cvs is forced to dispense as written. Also depending on you plan it can be cheaper to use GoodRx to price it and pay cash. Usually around $40 for a 10ml vial of cyp 200. They gave me such a run around that I got a corporate pharmacist from cvs on the phone and had the direct the retail cvs pharmacist to prescribe as written. Being in the industry cvs is looking for the extra copay

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me