Testosterone and depression ..Dr. Mark Gordon

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jws1300

Ya 23 is way too high. According to the experts, anything 15 or over can cause symptoms of hypothyroidism. Obviously the higher the number, the worse the symptoms, I would imagine. My main issues are mental energy/ focus and brain fog as well, and I don’t even have a high RT3. I just have mid range T3, and most likely not enough T3 on a cellular level. So I’m sure you feel even worse considering whatever T3 you have can’t even get into the receptors, which is going to cause the same symptoms as someone with extremely low free T3 levels.

I can’t say yet how Defy is in regards to thyroid. I just had my labs done 2 days ago, and have to wait until I get them back to schedule an appointment to go over them and talk about possibly going on thyroid medication. But I’m not too worried, because Nurse Jill and Dr. Saya have both been amazing. They actually listen to you, and take what you say into consideration. I’m confident that regardless what my labs say, nurse Jill will allow me to at least do a trial run of desiccated thyroid, due to my extremely low basal temps, and other hypothyroid like symptoms. Especially considering my last set of labs had all my other hormones within a good range. I can’t speak for any of the other members of the medical staff at Defy, as I’ve only consulted with Dr. Saya initially, and Nurse Jill every single time after that.

Any updates Gman? I've had about 10 people now tell me same type of info. Hypo symptoms with a high Rt3. Had one guy have me check my heart rate right when waking and morning temperatures. My heart rate is in the mid 50's basically every night while sleeping and in the morning until I move around. He says low metabolic rate can be a thyroid symptom as well. Testing cytomel is still on my wish list to see how i feel.

antelopers

Any updates Gman? I've had about 10 people now tell me same type of info. Hypo symptoms with a high Rt3. Had one guy have me check my heart rate right when waking and morning temperatures. My heart rate is in the mid 50's basically every night while sleeping and in the morning until I move around. He says low metabolic rate can be a thyroid symptom as well. Testing cytomel is still on my wish list to see how i feel.
I'm not him but I had all normal thyroid readings except for a slightly low t3 and a high-ish reverse t3. Started a low dose of cytomel and it's like a fog has been lifted out of my brain.

jws1300

I'm not him but I had all normal thyroid readings except for a slightly low t3 and a high-ish reverse t3. Started a low dose of cytomel and it's like a fog has been lifted out of my brain.

Good to know antelopers. Any other symptoms? And what dosage are you on? The brain fog and just feeling like theres a walnut in my forehead persist almost daily. No pain really, just like a frontal lobe headache without the pain. From my eyes to the top of my head almost, kind of a pressure.

jws1300

And then I see that HYPERthyroid is more associated with anxiety than HYPOthyroid, and then it bums me out. I have anxiety AND the terrible brain fog smh. Guess I could still try the cytomel at a small does and see how I do.

antelopers

Good to know antelopers. Any other symptoms? And what dosage are you on? The brain fog and just feeling like theres a walnut in my forehead persist almost daily. No pain really, just like a frontal lobe headache without the pain. From my eyes to the top of my head almost, kind of a pressure.
I am just generally in a better mood, no brain fog, not crashing mid afternoon anymore. Libido has gone up slightly as well. Definitely less of those tired pressure headaches. I never noticed cold hands or feet, but I did notice that I'm warmer now in a good way. It's only been a few weeks, so hopefully these benefits increase or at least persist.

Gman86

I am just generally in a better mood, no brain fog, not crashing mid afternoon anymore. Libido has gone up slightly as well. Definitely less of those tired pressure headaches. I never noticed cold hands or feet, but I did notice that I'm warmer now in a good way. It's only been a few weeks, so hopefully these benefits increase or at least persist.

What dose of cytomel are you on? And how many times per day do you take it?

Gman86

Too soon for any valid updates. Been taking WP thyroid for about 2 weeks now. It’s NDT (natural desiccated thyroid). No changes really. But just recently got up to 2 grains. My morning temp is slightly higher, but not by much. Gonna stay at 2 grains for about 3 weeks, and then pull some thyroid labs to see if I need to increase my dose. Also curious to see if I’m converting any of it into RT3. My RT3 was around 8-11 before going on thyroid medication. So hopefully it stays around there, or even lower would be nice.

antelopers

What dose of cytomel are you on? And how many times per day do you take it?
I am on 20mcg of sustained release cytomel daily. I started at 10mcg and even felt the benefits at that dose. My doctor has approved me to go as high as 30mcg as long as I go up slowly (every 2 weeks).

Gman86

I am on 20mcg of sustained release cytomel daily. I started at 10mcg and even felt the benefits at that dose. My doctor has approved me to go as high as 30mcg as long as I go up slowly (every 2 weeks).

On interesting, so you’re taking the sustained release? I haven’t really heard good things about that, but it clearly seems to work for you. Are you on the actual brand named cytomel? Or a generic version of sustained T3? And you take it once per day I assume?

antelopers

On interesting, so you’re taking the sustained release? I haven’t really heard good things about that, but it clearly seems to work for you. Are you on the actual brand named cytomel? Or a generic version of sustained T3? And you take it once per day I assume?
It's compounded sustained release t3 through empower. I don't believe there is any other way to get a sustained release version of cytomel without using a compounding pharmacy. I saw great reviews for the sustained release and it makes more sense to me to have constant levels than a few big spikes. I take it once a day, first thing in the morning.

Gman86

It's compounded sustained release t3 through empower. I don't believe there is any other way to get a sustained release version of cytomel without using a compounding pharmacy. I saw great reviews for the sustained release and it makes more sense to me to have constant levels than a few big spikes. I take it once a day, first thing in the morning.

Ya a sustained release T3 definitely makes sense, I agree. Since it’s through Empower, I assume it just says liothyronine sodium on the bottle right? It doesn’t say cytomel on the bottle does it? Cytomel is a brand name of liothyronine (T3).

Last edited:

antelopers

Ya a sustained release T3 definitely makes sense, I agree. Since it’s through Empower, I assume it just says liothyronine sodium on the bottle right? It doesn’t say cytomel on the bottle does it? Cytomel is a brand name of liothyronine (T3).
Yes that's correct.

Mr S

I think it can, sometimes. On Pregnyl HCG, my testicles were much fuller, it greatly added to my testosterone level, and my DHEA-S level almost doubled. On Empower's HCG, my testicles are much smaller, I get no addition to my testosterone level, and my DHEA-S is back down to where it was pre-TRT. So I think, theoretically, HCG can stimulate the leydig cells with LH, and backfill downstream hormones, but not always. At least in my experience.

IMO, you'll basically know when HCG is doing it's job, especially if you're secondary. Testicles will be bigger, due to the leydig cells being stimulated by the LH signal, loads will be bigger, total testosterone will get a boost (if you're secondary), and you should see a spike in DHEA-S.
If I may ask, why did you switch from pregnyl HCG to compounded HCG?

Vtail

I'm also taking the sustained release liothyronine from Empower. Before starting, my RT3 was 23 and T3 was 3.2. I started with 10 mcg about 3 weeks ago, and increased to 20 mcg last week. My doc also said I could go up to 30 mcg every two weeks if I felt I needed it and there were no side effects. So far my brain fog is gone and I don't feel as tired (mentally) as I had been - before starting the meds I was usually fried by about 2pm and unable to concentrate. My body temp is still low (was 95.5 when I woke up today!!) so I may increase to 30 mcg in another week, although mentally I don't feel that I really need it however I still do not sleep well. I guess as long as there are no adverse 'hyper-like' side effects, then I guess there's no harm in increasing the dose and see how I feel. I'm scheduled for labs in 3 weeks and will report back then. But already I feel much better without the brain fog. It was really debilitating.

Gman86

I'm also taking the sustained release liothyronine from Empower. Before starting, my RT3 was 23 and T3 was 3.2. I started with 10 mcg about 3 weeks ago, and increased to 20 mcg last week. My doc also said I could go up to 30 mcg every two weeks if I felt I needed it and there were no side effects. So far my brain fog is gone and I don't feel as tired (mentally) as I had been - before starting the meds I was usually fried by about 2pm and unable to concentrate. My body temp is still low (was 95.5 when I woke up today!!) so I may increase to 30 mcg in another week, although mentally I don't feel that I really need it however I still do not sleep well. I guess as long as there are no adverse 'hyper-like' side effects, then I guess there's no harm in increasing the dose and see how I feel. I'm scheduled for labs in 3 weeks and will report back then. But already I feel much better without the brain fog. It was really debilitating.

Thank you so much for this reply. Extremely helpful. It shows that clearly the sustained release T3 is something that works extremely well, and it also shows that RT3 is EXTREMELY important to get tested. 99% of regular doctors and/ or endocrinologists would of never tested RT3, and would just go by your TSH and free T3 level. Your free T3 was 3.2. You would of never gotten treatment from a regular doctor or endo, but clearly this is what you needed. Just kind of sad thinking about all the people out there that are hypothyroid without even knowing it. Or know it, but just can’t get their doctors to treat them since their free T3 is within range.

Gman86

If I may ask, why did you switch from pregnyl HCG to compounded HCG?

Ya no prob. CVS kept telling me that Pregnyl was on back order and that they couldn’t fill it. I read online that apparently the makers of Pregnyl stopped manufacturing it. Not sure if that was true or not. But it just became very difficult to fill. I didnt want to have to be off of HCG for months at a time. So I just bit the bullet and decided to use Empower’s HCG, since I knew it would most likely always be available, and it’s a little cheaper.

Mr S

Ya no prob. CVS kept telling me that Pregnyl was on back order and that they couldn’t fill it. I read online that apparently the makers of Pregnyl stopped manufacturing it. Not sure if that was true or not. But it just became very difficult to fill. I didnt want to have to be off of HCG for months at a time. So I just bit the bullet and decided to use Empower’s HCG, since I knew it would most likely always be available, and it’s a little cheaper.
A guy in some thread here orders his from Walmart Specialty Pharmacy and he uses a GoodRx coupon to get a better price. Walmart delivers it to him by mail and they include the syringes. He pays around 108$ for a 10,000iu vial of Pregnyl.

Gman86

A guy in some thread here orders his from Walmart Specialty Pharmacy and he uses a GoodRx coupon to get a better price. Walmart delivers it to him by mail and they include the syringes. He pays around 108$ for a 10,000iu vial of Pregnyl.

I'm doing an experiment atm to see how I do off of HCG, but once I reintroduce it, this is exactly what I plan on trying. Thank you.

Vtail

I'm doing an experiment atm to see how I do off of HCG, but once I reintroduce it, this is exactly what I plan on trying. Thank you.

Interesting. I'm considering adding HCG as an experiment. I have no need for it that I'm aware of - no more kids for me, however I've been hearing more and more about how HCG should be considered a standard add-on to TRT. I plan on speaking with my doc about it during my next visit.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me