Tell my trainer I'm on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

BradWI

On TRT 1.5 years. Never stepped foot in a gym. Started lifting 6 weeks ago. Joined a gym and hired a coach. I've set PR's every session on my big lifts. Pretty close to zero DOMS. My coach is amazed at my progression. I tell him it's because of my carnivore way of eating....but we all know what's really doing the heavy lifting as far as strength gains and recovery.

Keep it my secret? Any reason why he might need to know? I'm probably going to use him till end of October then I'll have everything down well enough to go to something like ICF 5x5 on my own.

Also I'm pretty happy that "newbie gains" can still happen even if you've been on TRT a while but haven't lifted. I thought maybe the initial 12 month strength gain window may have closed.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

I don't see any reason why you need to tell him. It's a short term gig anyway. We shouldn't tell all our secrets. Glad your making progress.

Vince

Super Moderator
I wouldn't tell him that you're on trt. Some people think it's not fair and he may call you a cheater. Keep him on your good side don't say a thing

DragonBits

I am 50/50 on it, but that is just because I tend to talk too much.

I don't see it's important either way, it's just your personal style to tell him or not, and it's true some people may conflate TRT with steroid use.

I don't see any upside to telling him, and a possible downside.

I am a little amazed at the common man's tendency to reject recommendations to test their hormones even when they look like it is giving them a problem. So I don't talk TRT with many random men.

I am 50/50 on it, but that is just because I tend to talk too much.

I don't see it's important either way, it's just your personal style to tell him or not, and it's true some people may conflate TRT with steroid use.

I don't see any upside to telling him, and a possible downside.

I am a little amazed at the common man's tendency to reject recommendations to test their hormones even when they look like it is giving them a problem. So I don't talk TRT with many random men.

If you feel like it, tell him. Your progress is from your work and the fact that you are fairly new to lifting. The gains you get in the beginning are the best you’ll have and that, combined with good testosterone levels, are a great combo. Who cares what he or anybody thinks? It not like the anti doping agency or the NFL is going to swoop in and suspend you for 4 games. Work hard, bust your ass and enjoy your progress.

Matthew Leiser

I wouldn’t here since it’s a short term arrangement. But long term type arrangements I’m pretty much an open book. I honestly don’t care about any negative reactions (haven’t had any yet). Some were really interested and some were just like, oh... ok. Trying to get my dad to look into it since he’s having some issues.

Pongo

There's no need to say anything, just in case he is against such things or he is a bit of a gossip with other trainers or lifters in the gym. If your genetically gifted gains do come thick & fast for the first 6 months then dramatically slow down, TRT or not.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me