T therapy (cream & injections). Results. Ongoing log of my journey

Thread starter #21
Ya desiccated thyroid should always be in capsules, as far as I know. It’s literally just dried pig’s thyroid, so should just be a powder in a capsule. But ya just try to get smaller doses next time. When I start, I think I’m gonna just pay extra and get the smallest doses possible, and just get more do them. Gonna get 15mg doses. Which is a 1/4 of a grain
The ndt from Erfa I used for 11 years was a small tablet. Obviously held together with binders. Thyroid® - ERFA Canada 2012 Inc.

@S1W Yes, if it stays bad I’ll consider injections. DHT goes higher on scrotal application of cream. We’ll see.

Last edited:
Thread starter #22
I'm trying to find a conversion chart between cream and injection.
Anyone know of one?
My practitioner said a quick conversion is if you take 150mg of T Cypionate a week, the equivalent for a cream would be 150mg of cream per day.

Is that a good quick guideline?

I'm trying to find a conversion chart between cream and injection.
Anyone know of one?
My practitioner said a quick conversion is if you take 150mg of T Cypionate a week, the equivalent for a cream would be 150mg of cream per day.

Is that a good quick guideline?
I have looked around but haven't found anything good. This, however, I think is a good rule, from what I've read. 1 click per day via cream = roughly 50mg per week via injection. 4 clicks per day via cream = roughly 200mg per week via injection. Let me know if you find out anything more about this, please! I think it's a good guideline, though.

Yeah I'm expecting it to drop. Funny thing is I'm starting week 6 and the last 2 days it's felt PRE TRT. But I give myself a good 10-14 days of feeling a certain way before "confirming" it's effect.
Yep. Sounds just like me. I'm going on 2.5 weeks now of it feeling borderline pre-TRT, or slightly better, after 4 weeks of amazing libido results. No idea what happened!

Thread starter #25
I have looked around but haven't found anything good. This, however, I think is a good rule, from what I've read. 1 click per day via cream = roughly 50mg per week via injection. 4 clicks per day via cream = roughly 200mg per week via injection. Let me know if you find out anything more about this, please! I think it's a good guideline, though.
Unfortunately for me, my dosage is not by clicks. It's a syringe and I use .03ml 2x per day. Each dose being 75mg where 1ml of cream is 250mg of testosterone. By my calculations that would equal 105mg of testosterone a week.

I've just email the pharmacy. They must have a conversion chart as they also supply injectables.

Thread starter #26
After 7 days I can officially state my testicles are now in permanent "shrinkage" mode!
I don't care about that, neither does my GF... As long as the little guy does not shrink.

As well, my heart rate has been consistently up for over a week. It's now a resting HR of 63 from what used to be 53.

So far:

Pro: Libido , still nothing else :-/

Con: acne, shrinkage, increased heart rate, strong heartbeat (in the morning when I wake up, goes down as soon as I take a couple of deep breaths and sensitive nipples.

Thread starter #27
Today is 6 weeks done.
PRO: Libido and NOTHING else, not even the slightest other positive effect.

Side effects: acne, shrinkage, increased heart rate, strong heartbeat on some mornings when I wake up, goes down as soon as I take a couple of deep breaths and sensitive nipples.

I'm really disappointed so far, 6 weeks and nothing in terms of energy, drive, strength or mental clarity (my priorities). I'm not expecting all of them to get better right away, but at least a gradual progression in some of them over the last 6 weeks should have occurred.

I wonder if I'm unlucky and happen to be someone who does not metabolize testosterone well. Meaning I'll need a higher dosage.

I wouldn’t get too discouraged. This is your first testosterone cream protocol correct? From what I’ve seen, it’s extremely rare to get dialed in on the first protocol. Have you had blood work on your protocol yet? Have you tried applying the cream once per day? I know it sounds counterintuitive, but for some, there seems to be a benefit from spiking testosterone levels, and having a low trough, and then spiking again the next day. Might have to do with the testosterone receptors getting a slight break. Maybe it’s worth trying out for a couple days. Probably would only take a day or two to see if you notice a difference. Other than that, i would just get labs done and adjust your dosage if needed, before getting too discouraged.

Today is 6 weeks done.
PRO: Libido and NOTHING else, not even the slightest other positive effect.

Side effects: acne, shrinkage, increased heart rate, strong heartbeat on some mornings when I wake up, goes down as soon as I take a couple of deep breaths and sensitive nipples.

I'm really disappointed so far, 6 weeks and nothing in terms of energy, drive, strength or mental clarity (my priorities). I'm not expecting all of them to get better right away, but at least a gradual progression in some of them over the last 6 weeks should have occurred.

I wonder if I'm unlucky and happen to be someone who does not metabolize testosterone well. Meaning I'll need a higher dosage.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. It's time to reevaluate expectations and realize you must have patience going forward.

Onset of effects of testosterone treatment and time span until maximum effects are achieved

Last edited:
Thread starter #30
Hey GMan, I'm not expecting to be dialled it ASAP. I would expect some grudual benefits to start showing, at least after 4 weeks. Even if it was just one benefit. Libido was up and running after the 3rd day, but it's actually the lest of the issues I wish to resolve.

Next labs are in 3 weeks. I'm definitely going the injection route too. I'm not enjoying using a cream at all.

I read that pubmed article Systemlord, thanks for posting it though, re-reading it helps :) .

In terms of being fully dialled in, my goal is to achieve it by 12 months.

Appreciate you taking the time to write.

Hey GMan, I'm not expecting to be dialled it ASAP. I would expect some grudual benefits to start showing, at least after 4 weeks. Even if it was just one benefit. Libido was up and running after the 3rd day, but it's actually the lest of the issues I wish to resolve.

Next labs are in 3 weeks. I'm definitely going the injection route too. I'm not enjoying using a cream at all.

I read that pubmed article Systemlord, thanks for posting it though, re-reading it helps :) .

In terms of being fully dialled in, my goal is to achieve it by 12 months.

Appreciate you taking the time to write.
Sounds like your expectations are completely realistic. I would be discouraged as well, trust me. I’ve been on HRT for almost 5 years, and still haven’t gotten rid of my initial symptoms of brain fog, fatigue, poor memory and difficulty concentrating. So I get the frustration part. I’m personally thinking my thyroid has been a big issue since the beginning, and is what is making it very difficult to get optimized. But that’s me. Obviously everyone is different.

If you are having a lackluster experience on testosterone cream, by all means go back to injections. MANY guys are dialed in on injections, so obviously it works, and can obviously work for you.

Thread starter #32
When you first start TRT and all your hormones are adjusting to a new level. Sometimes you get severe flu-like symptoms. Mine lasted for about 2 weeks, then I was good to go. Some of my friends told me I should just stop injecting myself but thankfully I stuck it out.

@Vince Carter I saw your post on test flu. I’m looking for more information regarding test flu. In week 6 of tot and I’m exhausted this past week. I can’t even work. My tank is empty.

Really not much info out there.

Anyways, here’s hoping it goes away soon.

@Vince Carter I saw your post on test flu. I’m looking for more information regarding test flu. In week 6 of tot and I’m exhausted this past week. I can’t even work. My tank is empty.

Really not much info out there.

Anyways, here’s hoping it goes away soon.
It has been over 4 years since I started trt. Right after my first injection, I felt like I was getting the flu but my libido went through the roof. It took about two weeks before everything stabilized. I was sick for 2 weeks but thankfully I did not have to miss any work.

Thread starter #34
Thanks for the reply Vince. Today seems better, even with only 3 hours of sleep. I’m not feeling exhausted. So a good day of rest and sleep tonight and hopefully that was it.

For me it started at week 6.... IF that’s what I have of course.

Thread starter #35
I'll be asking my practitioner to go on injections. The cream is just too much trouble.

2x per day, avoid contact with clothing for 10 minutes, then don't sweat or get wet for 4 hours, don't have contact with your partner for 4 hours. You end up planning things (shower, swimming, sex, even cuddling naked, etc...) around when you're going to apply the cream. Plus, even after 8-10 hours, I still see a little residue of cream. I don't want to remove it as I might absorb some of it, but then again, my partner could be contaminated and she just stated HOT so I really don't want to screw her up.

Also, with a cream, everyone's absorption rate is different so you don't really know how much testosterone your absorbing. Which can change from one day to the next. It might just be 1% of a change (who knows), but I like to know exactly how much I'm getting in my body and like to keep it stable.

Daily injection is 1 minute and that's it, nothing else to worry about. I've done them before and it was a breeze.

I find cream a big hassle compare to a daily injection.

Last edited:
I'll be asking my practitioner to go on injections. The cream is just too much trouble.

2x per day, wait 10 minutes to dry, then don't sweat or get wet for 4 hours, don't have contact with your partner for 4 hours. You end up planning things (shower, swimming, sex, even cuddling naked, etc...) around when you're going to apply the cream. Plus, even after 8-10 hours, I still see a little residue of cream. I don't want to remove it as I might absorb some of it, but then again, my partner could be contaminated and she just stated HOT so I really don't want to screw her up.

Also, with a cream, everyone's absorption rate is different so you don't really know how much testosterone your absorbing. Which can change from one day to the next.

Daily injection is 1 minute and that's it, nothing else to worry about. I've done them before and it was a breeze.

I would have to agree with you, I was offered testosterone gel before I started trt. I refuse creams or gels because I was afraid I would contaminate my lover. That's why I choose injections and they have worked great for me.

2x per day, wait 10 minutes to dry, then don't sweat or get wet for 4 hours, don't have contact with your partner for 4 hours. You end up planning things (shower, swimming, sex, even cuddling naked, etc...) around when you're going to apply the cream. Plus, even after 8-10 hours, I still see a little residue of cream. I don't want to remove it as I might absorb some of it, but then again, my partner could be contaminated and she just stated HOT so I really don't want to screw her up.

Also, with a cream, everyone's absorption rate is different so you don't really know how much testosterone your absorbing. Which can change from one day to the next.

I’ve been debating making the switch to injections, too. I’ve been on vacation, and planning swim/shower/sex times around the cream can be a huge pain. I don’t mind injecting myself, though transporting cream is easier.

As I understand it, however, using cream allows the provider to prescribe a much higher dose of testosterone, which some high SHBG guys (like myself) will need. Can anyone confirm?

Thread starter #38
I don't see how one is easier so much less hassle than the other? My cream comes in syringes, I have 5 doses per syringes. For 10 days I'd have to bring 4.
For injections I'd have to bring 10. In terms of space, it's not much at all. Plus if a person really did not want the hassle they could switch to temporarily switch to every other day, only having to bring 5 syringes.

I went on a trip for 2 weeks and bringing 14 empty syringes and my T was no hassle at all.

As for the higher dose, I'm curious what others say, but can't you get high doses from either form? 250mg a week of Test Cypionate would mean 36ml per day. Easy enough to inject that amount. My first week I did two shots of 50. Then I switched to every day as the evidence was clear it's the optimal injection frequency.

I don't see how one is easier so much less hassle than the other? My cream comes in syringes, I have 5 doses per syringes. For 10 days I'd have to bring 4.
For injections I'd have to bring 10. In terms of space, it's not much at all. Plus if a person really did not want the hassle they could switch to temporarily switch to every other day, only having to bring 5 syringes.

I went on a trip for 2 weeks and bringing 14 empty syringes and my T was no hassle at all.

As for the higher dose, I'm curious what others say, but can't you get high doses from either form? 250mg a week of Test Cypionate would mean 36ml per day. Easy enough to inject that amount. My first week I did two shots of 50. Then I switched to every day as the evidence was clear it's the optimal injection frequency.
I know it's impossible to translate creams to injections, but I am currently applying 4 clicks per day. I think that would probably land somewhere around 200-250 mg, depending on application site (primarily scrotum). But I may be wrong. I am interested in your transition!

Thread starter #40
Update, I was not aware until I weight myself, but I gained 7 pounds over 7 weeks. Damn!

My GF said a few times, you look bigger. But I never weigh myself I use the mirror. So I did and hot damn, 7 pounds. Obviously some water retention in there but definitely some muscle mass too.

After looking at before and after pictures: Quads, glutes, shoulders, upper back and shoulders are bigger.