Study Finds People Overeat Processed Foods

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

About a year ago I gave a talk on healthy aging and one of the points I made was that you shouldn't eat processed foods, because they are engineered by food scientists to make you overeat them. Today I heard about a new study by the NIH that confirms it. A preprint of the study is available, but it's well summarized by this blog post.

"[The study] admitted 10 male and 10 female weight stable adults as inpatients to the Metabolic Clinical Research Unit at the NIH where they lived for 28 days. They were randomly assigned to either the ultra-processed or unprocessed diet for 2 weeks at which point they crossed over to the other diet for two weeks.

"During each diet arm, participants were offered 3 daily meals and they were instructed to eat as much or as little of them as they wanted. Menus were designed to be matched for total calories, energy density, macronutrients, fibre, sugar, and sodium, but differed in the percentage of calories coming from ultra-processed sources.

"When consuming ultra-processed food diets people ate on average 508 more calories per day. That's roughly a meal worth. That's huge! And not surprisingly given this finding, people gained weight on the ultra-processed diet (1.7lbs in just 2 weeks) and lost weight on the flip side (2.4lbs in just 2 weeks)."

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Jinzang

Ultra-processed foods are defined as "formulations made mostly or entirely from substances derived from foods and additives with little or any intact foods." When I shop I look at the list of ingredients of products to check if they contain sugars or oils, these I consider processed foods.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me