Strange lab fluctuations...T

Buy Lab Tests Online

JimBob

I'm 61, 6'2", 170lbs, and not on HRT.
June 2018 I ran total and free T labs. Results were 368 for total T, 8.83 for free T. My FNP said I was not a candidate for TRT due to the 368 total T.
Jan 2019, I ran the same labs. Results are 609 for total T, and 15 for freeT.

The lifestyle changes since June 2018 are losing 10-12lbs, and going on a modified Atkins diet. I have been weight training 5 days a week since July 2017. Nothing else to speak of. Are wide swings like this common in T labs? If so, what is the value of these labs, anyway? I can't say I feel any different with the higher T scores. I'm just surprised by the wide swing. Thanks.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Lifestyle changes definitely will make a difference in levels. We're both labs done about the same time early morning.

Sean Mosher

There's still a large room for improvement in your FreeT.
That's probably why you aren't feeling much of a difference but it's good to see your numbers are improving!
You'd be a candidate with any of the top docs out there who treat partial androgen deficiencies.

JimBob

There's still a large room for improvement in your FreeT.
That's probably why you aren't feeling much of a difference but it's good to see your numbers are improving!
You'd be a candidate with any of the top docs out there who treat partial androgen deficiencies.
Yeah, definite room for improvement. I'm testing red light therapy daily for the next 2 months to see if I can raise the free-T. That's why I had the January lab done just prior to the red light therapy. I'll do the next blood draw in 2 months.

That's why I thought maybe a lab error. Not that it matters, the first lab was done at the hospital; the second was at Labcorp.

It absolutely does matter, you can't compare labs side-by-side from different labs. You'd think a lab test is a lab test with no difference but they're not.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me