SHBG Crashed after T-Cyp

Buy Lab Tests Online

xcoolguy

I used compounded cream without great success for years and the 7/22 result was typical of prior results. No treatment T level was around 200.

Switching to T-Cyp Sub-Q initially had good result but the SHBG crashed. I think I was excreting a large amount on the 3.5 day schedule and tested level was prior to next dose. I am surprised by the large drop in T on last test. That was just 36 hours after last dose I did not want it artificially high at just 12 hours. Tests all done at 8AM

I am wondering if I simply need to increase the daily dose and ignore the SHBG, switch to intramuscular, or should I switch to pellets and see if the SHBG would come back.

Recent screening labs of overall bloodwork were good and no thyroid issues. 5'10/ 178 25.5 BMI 53 years old. My doctor is very receptive to ideas and it is all Rx

Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• Blood.JPG
    Blood.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 103
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

xcoolguy

I had seen the thread and studies Nelson linked to in the thread Anabolic steroids and TRT decrease SHBG, DHEA, pregnenolone and progesterone in men. but did not realize it could be so extreme at low dose. I also noted I did appear to have a CBG issue not seen in this study at the 3.5 day interval.

Would appreciate insight from anyone who worked around this issue

xcoolguy

Protocol was 20mg@daily. My take on it is that I am able to piss out roughly 15mg of the 20mg dose immediately so going back to the 60mg 3.5 which after literally pissing away 15mg I'll retain roughly 45mg to get the T levels back up. Unlike a high SHBG user who binds it I just pass it through with the low SHBG I acquired after switching to T-Cyp.

The Dr and I didn't feel the initial [email protected] days would be a high dose but if I could do it over we would start with smaller daily and try not to blow out the SHBG. The study mentioned above is not optimistic about a quick recovery of the SHBG levels.

My next hope then may be that HCG can help back fill and bring the SHBC back up.

WhatSayYou89

I had seen the thread and studies Nelson linked to in the thread Anabolic steroids and TRT decrease SHBG, DHEA, pregnenolone and progesterone in men. but did not realize it could be so extreme at low dose. I also noted I did appear to have a CBG issue not seen in this study at the 3.5 day interval.

Would appreciate insight from anyone who worked around this issue

Well my bloodwork blows those studies to hell. My shbg quadrupled after starting trt.

See my train wreck of labwork over here 3/4 Month Lab Results..wtf happened?

xcoolguy

My free T using the most conservative SHBG number of 14 since the lab didn't list any is 10.3 ng/dL = 2.84 % which is not to bad. Now to debate if Free T is more important than Total T. Albumin was 4.6

My free T using the most conservative SHBG number of 14 since the lab didn't list any is 10.3 ng/dL = 2.84 % which is not to bad. Now to debate if Free T is more important than Total T. Albumin was 4.6
By your posts here I really don't think that you understand how this works. debate if Free T is more important than Total...hahahaha 5 posts and you're off to a great start.

xcoolguy

Look my point is I'm 53 my free T is normal to high range for a man in his 20's and my bio-available is a minimum of 258 ng/dl, above range for a 20 year old. The total T is low normal but trying to raise it with higher doses of T-cyp will very likely require using an AI for estrogen not currently needed. Goal is TRT not pro hormone levels.

It seems like most posts are obsessed with Total T levels much higher than mine. I'm making great gains in the gym, great libido, sex is great, and feel good do I need to be concerned about pushing the total T higher?

Sean Mosher

As you said below.......

"I'm making great gains in the gym, great libido, sex is great, and feel good do I need to be concerned about pushing the total T higher?"

If you're feeling great then your symptoms have been resolved.
Don't chase numbers.
I wouldn't mess with anything at this point if you truly are good to go.

JWNAS

My understanding is that a low(er) SHBG is a desirable thing. There will be less binding of testosterone, yes, but also less binding of E. So, it seems to be a tradeoff. As long as you feel good and have no obvious undesirable Estrogenic side effects, keep on keeping on.

My understanding is that a low(er) SHBG is a desirable thing. There will be less binding of testosterone, yes, but also less binding of E. So, it seems to be a tradeoff. As long as you feel good and have no obvious undesirable Estrogenic side effects, keep on keeping on.
recently on TOT podcast somebody said shbg is actually marker of health as well you don't want it low.. + obviously high free e2 is a problem as well as pissing out testosteorne too fast.. imo you want shbg no less than middle but problem is you can't really increase it easily as far as i understand

xcoolguy

My doctor suggested to go ahead and raise the dose to [email protected] days so 200mg weekly. His theory is see how the individual feels not what the number says. Total T hit 1150 E stayed around 44 without an AI. SHBG still under the lab range.

Mostly all I noticed at the higher dose is a slight loss of libido. I feel mild symptoms of high E but the lab values do not agree. I've been making incredible gains in the gym since switching to injections overall - not just since reaching 1100 - after 6 years of working out using compound cream and struggling to get good T levels while fighting much higher E. My former results only amounted to being lean and toned with little mass increase. My weight routine is mild and only 2 days a week right now due to schedule.

I have gained 10lbs in 4 months, but some is obvious muscle gain in chest, arms, butt, and thighs. Whatever is fat is not landing on my abs like it used to. The low SHBG concerns me it is a warning from my liver. I may try pellets in the future to try to resolve that.

After reading so many posts here I can see it is truly different for everyone.

Systemlord

Pellets are terrible, you can't keep levels elevated on pellets. You will forever be on a rollercoaster of highs and lows. It is a way to TRT, it isn't the best way.

The best way is injections.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching