Quick question about liver results

Buy Lab Tests Online

stevep

I got back my labs today and have a question about two items that where elevated for the first time.

ALT (SGPT) Range: 7-52 Value: 59 (Previous 6 month interval test Values: 31, 32, 40)
AST (SGOT) Range: 13-39 Value: 40 (Previous 6 month interval test Values: 30, 32, 36)

I've taken Creatine (Brand: Optimal Nutrition) for over a year so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it. I take 5g daily. Also take L-Citrulline-Malate 2:1 daily. I take 6g to 8g daily.

I drink plenty of water; around 80 oz or more a day. Drink maybe one hard drink a day or every other day.

What could have these test elevated?

Thanks,
Steve

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I got back my labs today and have a question about two items that where elevated for the first time.

ALT (SGPT) Range: 7-52 Value: 59 (Previous 6 month interval test Values: 31, 32, 40)
AST (SGOT) Range: 13-39 Value: 40 (Previous 6 month interval test Values: 30, 32, 36)

I've taken Creatine (Brand: Optimal Nutrition) for over a year so I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it. I take 5g daily. Also take L-Citrulline-Malate 2:1 daily. I take 6g to 8g daily.

I drink plenty of water; around 80 oz or more a day. Drink maybe one hard drink a day or every other day.

What could have these test elevated?

Thanks,
Steve

Did you lift weights/train intensely within a few days of getting lab work?

If so take a full week off from training than have blood work done.

stevep

I thought this may be the reason.

My PCP wants me to retest in 90 days because my Testosterone was 871 :eek:. (He wants my testosterone no higher than 700) I've told him I feel good around 800.

I'll lay off gym/Creatine/whey a week before testing.

Thanks guys

Sean Mosher

Ask him for all the studies and data that dictate that 700 is the magical number for a man.
That's where your conversation will get fun.

DragonBits

In 1995 I was taking DHEA, I don't recall how much but when I did a blood test my levels of DHEA-S were 6672 ng/ml (800-5600) and my liver enzymes were elevated in a very similar manner to yours. At the time I felt it was the DHEA.

I had low testosterone, but I don't recall or have recorded my weight at the time, my trig were a little high at 175 (0-149). I am usually not a big drinker, which I mean a few beers every week, but at times around that age I would drink until I was blind drunk. (I quit drinking entirely the time I couldn't stop vomiting the next day, it was a nasty experience) Now at most I have 2 beers on a saturday, often none at all for weeks.

Since the Dhea didn't seem to help my testosterone I quit taking it, my liver enzymes gradually came down after 6 months.

HOWEVER, recently I had been taking 25 mg of DHEA, it also boosted my DHEA-S to
450.5 ug/dl (30.9-295.6) and my liver enzymes were normal at 20/21.

So maybe or maybe not the DHEA, or maybe alcohol or maybe the combination of both? Or something else.

stevep

Ask him for all the studies and data that dictate that 700 is the magical number for a man.
That's where your conversation will get fun.

My PCP is an older guy that has limited knowledge when it comes to hormone treatment. He is basing his desires because the Pathgroup Lab (Nashville) range for Testosterone is 205-781.

When the nurse called me yesterday to let me know he was concerned and wanted me to change my cyp protocol from 60mg x 2 a week to alternating weeks of 60mg x 2 one week and 40mg x 2 the following week and keep alternating to see if it lowers my values. I told her we'd had this conversation a couple years ago. She called back later in the day and he agreed to let me stay the course. He had forgotten that and relented, but said we're going to retest in 90 days.

I live in a small town and have limited resources when it comes to PCP choices. I've been through a few in town already. I stay with him because he knows I use Defy for HCG/AI. If he'd prescribe HCG/AI then I'd drop Defy, but he won't. I've provided him every supporting HCG document published on here and he won't budge. I told him I'm pretty persistent and won't stop pressing him to prescribe HCG/AI to me. I can get it through my insurance, Express Scripts. It would save me some money if he would.

stevep

Since the Dhea didn't seem to help my testosterone I quit taking it, my liver enzymes gradually came down after 6 months.

HOWEVER, recently I had been taking 25 mg of DHEA, it also boosted my DHEA-S to
450.5 ug/dl (30.9-295.6) and my liver enzymes were normal at 20/21.

So maybe or maybe not the DHEA, or maybe alcohol or maybe the combination of both? Or something else.

I actually have another post about DHEA. Last week value was 139 which is less than half of where Defy would like my values to be and that is taking 50mg daily. I can't say it helps or not help since when Defy started me on it they also started me on a few other supplements at the same time; which has been a couple years now. I can say Defy has me dialed in and life is good overall. I think if it was alcohol it would have showed up much earlier when I use to drink to much when I was in the military.

DragonBits

I actually have another post about DHEA. Last week value was 139 which is less than half of where Defy would like my values to be and that is taking 50mg daily. I can't say it helps or not help since when Defy started me on it they also started me on a few other supplements at the same time; which has been a couple years now. I can say Defy has me dialed in and life is good overall. I think if it was alcohol it would have showed up much earlier when I use to drink to much when I was in the military.

I can't see how your cyp protocol would affect your liver, but oral DHEA makes a first pass through your liver. So I think it's possible.

At the time I recall the endocrinologist wasn't that concerned since the liver enzymes weren't that elevated, like AST 39/ ALT 57. He advised keep an eye on it and take another test in a few months.

They changed to 48/34 in six months then 26/39 in a year in 1997, but now they stay pretty steady at around 20/20.
=======================================================
DHEA is transformed into DHEA-S by sulfation at the C3β position via the sulfotransferase enzymes SULT2A1 and to a lesser extent SULT1E1.[40][50][51] This occurs naturally in the adrenal cortex and during first-pass metabolism in the liver and intestines when exogenous DHEA is administered orally.

Dehydroepiandrosterone - Wikipedia

madman

Super Moderator
Working out/intense training and having lab work done within days will skew liver enzyme as well as creatine kinase values.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me