Propecia thoughts

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Far too many doctors fail to make sure their patients understand the potential side effects that can accompany a Propecia regimen.

If a man makes a decision to use it, he should be carefully informed so that his decision is an informed one.

Dr. Crisler was outspoken in his concerns about the drug and my own doctor doesn't prescribe it.

Weigh it carefully.

Last edited:

fifty

Propecia made me feel like a girl for years. Denying sex and all sorts of weird stuff. It did help my hair though.

Currently I use a low dose topical fin without any noticeable side effects.

Vince

Super Moderator
The reports im seeing says what you are describing happens to roughly 3.8 peopleout of 100. Did you expérience these side effects? And did they stop after while?
I've never considered using Propecia. I would never lower my DHT, that's the stuff that makes me a man.

Finasteride isn't selective when it comes to blocking DHT.

CoastWatcher

Propecia made me feel like a girl for years. Denying sex and all sorts of weird stuff. It did help my hair though.

I believe the topical applications are well tolerated.

When you discontinued the oral version you had no long-term issues?

fifty

I had some issues with the oral finasteride. At that point I visited Dr Crisler who educated me more about it and got me off it then put me on a several week PCT type program with clomid/arimidex/nolvadex which helped a lot going forward.

broker

Obviously a topical finasteride application isnt systemic and therefore only affects the scalp. That said, does topical finateride even work ???!?
Were there any studies? Finasteride actually works in the liver. How would a topical solution even be affective????

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Topical Propecia may also get in your blood stream and cause the same side effects as oral Propecia ( sexual dysfunction, ED, etc)

I think you should read this post before making a decision:

Options for Hair Loss Beyond Propecia

Thoughts about propecia topical solution
Yes, and here's some hard data, quoting myself from the PeakT site:

Here's a recent study showing a pretty significant serum influence at higher concentrations. One tenth of a milliliter of 0.25% finasteride applied topically once a day reduced serum DHT by 24%. Three tenths of a milliliter knocked serum DHT down by 44%. The authors were pleased that the smaller dose still reduced scalp DHT by 47%, "potentially minimizing the untoward sexual side-effects linked to a systemic DHT reduction".

If I recall correctly, 0.1% finasteride solutions are dosed at the rate of one milliliter per day. This applies the same amount of finasteride as four tenths of a milliliter of 0.25% finasteride. In the study, this resulted in a serum DHT reduction of 48% along with a scalp reduction of 54%.

Vvs1

Your symptoms reversed with stopping the medicine, or with HRT?

fifty

Yes, and here's some hard data, quoting myself from the PeakT site:

Here's a recent study showing a pretty significant serum influence at higher concentrations. One tenth of a milliliter of 0.25% finasteride applied topically once a day reduced serum DHT by 24%. Three tenths of a milliliter knocked serum DHT down by 44%. The authors were pleased that the smaller dose still reduced scalp DHT by 47%, "potentially minimizing the untoward sexual side-effects linked to a systemic DHT reduction".

If I recall correctly, 0.1% finasteride solutions are dosed at the rate of one milliliter per day. This applies the same amount of finasteride as four tenths of a milliliter of 0.25% finasteride. In the study, this resulted in a serum DHT reduction of 48% along with a scalp reduction of 54%.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/topical-fin-low-png.40206/

That study is -52% scalp DHT, -24% serum DHT at .2275mg topically once per day. I use a product that is .05 finasteride per ml (.5mg).

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me