Performance athletes considering switching from low fat high carb to a low carb.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
For those performance athletes considering switching from low fat high carb to a low carb, high fat, moderate protein, whole food diet, here's an interesting movie. Follows several athletes - young, old, men, one woman - as they switched and explains what effects it had on their performance. Pretty remarkable. One married couple rowed from San Francisco to Hawaii, took about 45 days, beat the previous record, took all their food, and had no evidence of muscle damage during or after (via blood test). Here's a link to the trailer.

Jeff Voltek and Stephen Phinney

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Hoosier52

Vince,

Any more links on this type of diet you can provide for us? I'm interested in trying it. I'm on BP meds (40g Linsinopril) and I've red that this can lower your blood pressure quickly. SO you see any truth in that? Thanks.

The reddit site recommends 20g or less, lots of good discussion there.

This guy's site (Dr. Peter Attia) is pretty good, as he attempts to attack this from the medical/science side. I have not kept up with any recent videos or blogs. http://eatingacademy.com/

I don't remember which video but I think he wanted people to start very low. The reason is the brain will want to take the path of least resistance for it's energy. If a person is eating too many carbs to enter into Ketosis, they are stuck in the pattern that leads people to think they are in a fog. So if your number that kicks you out of Ketosis is... 60g (example only) and you have a 65 gram carb day let's assume you go out of Ketosis. Now you only have 65g of carbs for not just the brain but the entire body to get it's energy from. This is similar to an NBA team that's always a 7-8 seed playoff time. They are nowhere close to where they need to be (Champions) and won't get a high enough draft pick to alter their situation.

Basically that is what the Low-Carb Fog is. For anyone NOT in Ketosis the body needs probably 3X the 65G of carbs to fuel the daily activity. So you don't lose weight at the same rate and you are in a fog... Double-Whammy.... So my only advice is if someone is going to do, go all-in. Don't piss around.

Vince

Super Moderator
Very Low Carb Performance
Conventional wisdom says you need to eat carbs to exercise. As many know, that's not true. But how low carb can you go -- and are there even benefits from eating extremely low carb?

Peter Attia is a medical doctor and an endurance athlete. He's learned from the world's biggest experts on keto-adaptation (such as dr Stephen Phinney) and in the last few years he has relentlessly experimented on himself.

Here dr Attia shares his insights on very low carb (ketogenic) diets and physical and mental performance.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me