Once-daily tadalafil treatment for patients with chronic prostatitis/CPPS

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Abstract

Background

Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (IIIB CP/CPPS) is a condition of unclear aetiology. Many approaches have been used without satisfactory results. The aim of this study is to evaluate the efficacy of once-daily 5 mg tadalafil in pain control and improving quality of life in patients affected by CP/CPPS.

Methods

Twenty patients affected by chronic prostatitis according EAU (European Association of Urology) guidelines were evaluated for once-daily 5 mg tadalafil; 14 patients were eligible for the study. The validated Italian version of the NIH Chronic Prostatitis Symptom Index (NIHCPSI) and the International Prostatic Symptom Score (IPSS) questionnaires were submitted to all the patients. Every patient underwent uroflowmetry and ultrasound prostatic volume at the beginning and at the end of the study.

Results

All 14 patients eligible for the study reported an improvement of symptoms during therapy: statistically significant differences were reported in terms of NIH-CPSI (p < 0.000002) and IPSS (p < 0.0001) during follow-up evaluations. No statistically significant improvement of uroflowmetry parameters was reported during the treatment.

Conclusions

In our study the daily use of 5 mg tadalafil improves symptoms and quality of life in patients affected by CP/CPPS after 4 weeks of therapy. A larger population of patients is needed to confirm the efficacy of this therapy in CP/CPPS.

Conclusion

Though many drugs have been proposed for IIIB CP/CPPS, no effective treatment has been described. In our experience, a daily intake of 5 mg tadalafil guarantees a significant reduction in pain and improvement in quality of life for patients. Although only a small number of patients were enrolled in this study, our results are encouraging and we believe that this therapy should be given consideration when planning a multimodal approach. Certainly further studies with larger populations should be encouraged to achieve definitive results.

Attachments

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Instead of doing Kegels separately which workouts or movements could one include in their normal training program that would have more or less the same effects? If there is something I could do at my gymn when lifting or doing cardio.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching