Need some tips about fullbody workout with bands

Buy Lab Tests Online
I´m going to travel for a month and don´t want to any gym. Therefore I´m considering buying some bands but I don´t have a clue what to choose. I want to be able to train most of the body if possible. Loop band or resistance band with handles/grips? Do I need anything more like some accessories if so what would be the most important one? Also don´t want the the different strengh band maybe only 2 bands.

Appreciate very much for your recomendations!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

primalman

Tommy, these links below are for the best option for travel and even at home. I'm a trainer and have used these for over 10 years. What makes them unique is that they have 2 handles which allow for simultaneous unilateral movements. You just need to find an anchor point to secure the other end. I use a carabiner to attach to fences if I'm out or a chain if in my studio. But a heavy hotel bed frame could work too. Also, each color provide different levels of resistance. This site is the only place I know; sometimes they have sales and/or free shipping. Let me know if you have any questions. I have sample routines if you need any ideas

https://www.performbetter.com/First-Place-All-Purpose-Exercise-Band

https://www.performbetter.com/First-Place-Travel-Band

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince I believe you train with bands could you recommend something? Thx!!
QUOTE="Mountain Man, post: 55944, member: 14411"]I just wanted to share my experience with training with elastic bands. I, like most guys my age who have trained for decades have my share of orthopedic problems. Knee, hip, shoulder, elbow,- you name it, I've either got it or had it at some point.

Last year, when rehabbing from a rotator cuff surgery, something dawned on me. The physical therapist was training me with bands and I was making progress without undo joint pain. In the past few years, weights have required a lot of warming up, high reps, and often a lot of "bad pain," - as opposed to "good pain."

I started to use bands that my son let me borrow. He works for a physical therapist and thought it would help. I've been using them exclusively for a year and a half with great results, free of joint pain. The beginning position in most exercises, ones that usually cause pain with weights, has less resistance and no pain. The contracted position can be held as an isometric, pulsed, or you can adjust your distance from the pivot point to increase time under tension. The possibilities for innovative exercises and working around aches and pains are virtually endless.

I've been envious of those guys my age who can lift pain free. Usually they have not trained day in and day out for decades. Once you get into the mind body connection- a must because there is no feedback from poundages as with weights- it becomes a meditative thing.

There are all kinds of possibilities of bands available from a google search. If you're like me and prefer to workout alone at home, it's a great solution to aging joints.[/QUOTE]

QUOTE="Mountain Man, post: 55944, member: 14411"]I just wanted to share my experience with training with elastic bands. I, like most guys my age who have trained for decades have my share of orthopedic problems. Knee, hip, shoulder, elbow,- you name it, I've either got it or had it at some point.

Last year, when rehabbing from a rotator cuff surgery, something dawned on me. The physical therapist was training me with bands and I was making progress without undo joint pain. In the past few years, weights have required a lot of warming up, high reps, and often a lot of "bad pain," - as opposed to "good pain."

I started to use bands that my son let me borrow. He works for a physical therapist and thought it would help. I've been using them exclusively for a year and a half with great results, free of joint pain. The beginning position in most exercises, ones that usually cause pain with weights, has less resistance and no pain. The contracted position can be held as an isometric, pulsed, or you can adjust your distance from the pivot point to increase time under tension. The possibilities for innovative exercises and working around aches and pains are virtually endless.

I've been envious of those guys my age who can lift pain free. Usually they have not trained day in and day out for decades. Once you get into the mind body connection- a must because there is no feedback from poundages as with weights- it becomes a meditative thing.

There are all kinds of possibilities of bands available from a google search. If you're like me and prefer to workout alone at home, it's a great solution to aging joints.
[/QUOTE]

I use bands from resistancebandtraining.com. Thayer are all I have used since 2015 rotator surgery. The guy who makes them has a lot of videos on line of how to use them. Every other day for upper body and in 30 to 45 minutes you can get an unbelievable workout. With my arthritis I need to be very careful and these work great. Don’t fall for the new thing out there where you stand on a board and imitate using a barbell. It’s not needed and that is expensive. Resistancebandtraining.com stuff is inexpensive. I have a pair of the red, black, purple bands and one green and one blue band. Fits in a bag and if you are creative the possibilities are endless. I have an old post and beam farmhouse and the walls and ceilings have hooks everywhere so it’s great.

Will Brink

I´m going to travel for a month and don´t want to any gym. Therefore I´m considering buying some bands but I don´t have a clue what to choose. I want to be able to train most of the body if possible. Loop band or resistance band with handles/grips? Do I need anything more like some accessories if so what would be the most important one? Also don´t want the the different strengh band maybe only 2 bands.

Get a suspension trainer. A far better workout than any bands will give you.

Get a suspension trainer. A far better workout than any bands will give you.

This would work too, especially for conditioning. If you are looking to imitate weights and machines, bands would be the way to go. Depends on what you like. I have both and find that if I have an injury then the suspension trainer is not as versatile as the bands. I have a TRX knock off I bought on Amazon for $30 that is just as good as the real thing and fits in a little bag. And don’t underestimate body weight training. Just don’t skip workouts and have fun. You may give up your gym membership.

Personally, I hate gyms. I haven’t trained in a commercial gym regularly since 1987. I like old school stuff. I start training in 1967 and the first commercial gym I belonged to was old school weights owned by 1969 Mr America John DeCola and it was weights, no machines or chrome stuff. Kind of spoiled me. Waiting in line for machines, crowded, the drive... not for me. When I owned a larger home, I had a basement gym with old school weights, dumbells, squat rack and lat machine.

JimBob

This would work too, especially for conditioning. If you are looking to imitate weights and machines, bands would be the way to go. Depends on what you like. I have both and find that if I have an injury then the suspension trainer is not as versatile as the bands. I have a TRX knock off I bought on Amazon for $30 that is just as good as the real thing and fits in a little bag. And don’t underestimate body weight training. Just don’t skip workouts and have fun. You may give up your gym membership.

Personally, I hate gyms. I haven’t trained in a commercial gym regularly since 1987. I like old school stuff. I start training in 1967 and the first commercial gym I belonged to was old school weights owned by 1969 Mr America John DeCola and it was weights, no machines or chrome stuff. Kind of spoiled me. Waiting in line for machines, crowded, the drive... not for me. When I owned a larger home, I had a basement gym with old school weights, dumbells, squat rack and lat machine.

Can you actually build muscle with bands/suspension trainer? Hypertrophy? It seems that a lot of people who use bands, already achieved their muscularity with free weights, before switching over to band training.

Can you actually build muscle with bands/suspension trainer? Hypertrophy? It seems that a lot of people who use bands, already achieved their muscularity with free weights, before switching over to band training.

Not really true.I built a solid base from years of lifting, but injuries wiped that out. When I went on TRT I was using bands and got much of what I had in my 30s back. Go all in with bands for a few months and I think you’ll see what I mean. For me, suspension trainers never quite hit the muscles like band training. If you want hypertrophy, time under tension with bands may be what you are looking for.

Vince

Super Moderator
Not really true.I built a solid base from years of lifting, but injuries wiped that out. When I went on TRT I was using bands and got much of what I had in my 30s back. Go all in with bands for a few months and I think you’ll see what I mean. For me, suspension trainers never quite hit the muscles like band training. If you want hypertrophy, time under tension with bands may be what you are looking for.
One thing I learned years ago, muscles have memory. When a man built nice physique and stop's working out for a Time. It's much easier for him to get back to where he was then for someone who has never built any muscle before.

One thing I learned years ago, muscles have memory. When a man built nice physique and stop's working out for a Time. It's much easier for him to get back to where he was then for someone who has never built any muscle before.[/QUOTE

Agree, but joint pain makes it hard to workout with weights at a level of intensity needed to get the muscle from those days back.

DragonBits

I used to have that problem, I would travel for 4-6 weeks at a time. I got some exercise tubes at the time, I also have bands. But it's not all that easy to exercise in a hotel room. Because you tend to want to do other activities not exercise in a hotel room. A lot of hotels have exercise rooms, but I tend to go cut rate. I got a cheap set of tubes for $5 at 5 below, I only use them when I travel.

Aliexpress sells a lot of that type of stuff, but it takes a month for them to deliver from china. I have bought a lot of stuff from them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=&isPremium=y&SearchText=exercise+bands

I am lucky in that I can still lift free weights or machines without any problems. Any injuries I have gotten all tended to be from cardio.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me