Nashtide is gonna lean bulk...

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nashtide

I would have zero or maybe even less confidence in that scale as to say it could just convince of things not true.

Patience would be the #1 most important thing imo do gain mass and stay lean. It’s a slow process normally which would include gaining some fat. A couple weeks is not worth measuring.

I’ve tried various things over the years. Sometimes you think you’ve made progress only to yo-yo around. 2 years later not much accomplished.

When I decided to focus on reaching goals even if body composition wasn’t perfect I progressed. You can always lose the fat later, but you can’t make up the time wasted spinning your wheels. Add 30 lbs to your bench. If you can do it with few calories great. If you failed to do it and the scale says you improved body composition you are lying to yourself and wasting time and effort. I think only genetically gifted people and beginners can do it.

I’m not an expert of any kind here, but I believe I’ve found what works for me.
I hear ya. I expressed my doubts about the scale's accuracy in my first post. I explained that I wasn't using it as an absolute but as a way to compare my week to week changes. I believe it works well for that purpose as long as you measure yourself using the same parameters. I'm 57 years old, so I'm more focused on leanness than muscularity. I got myself down to the bf% I wanted so I thought I'd embark on the journey of trying to add a few lbs of muscle without adding a lot of fat. I was just amazed that it took 6-7 weeks of eating more calories to see any increase in my weight. BTW, I step on any scale I see and the weight my home scale registers is right in line with every other scale I've tried. My wife also finds the weight aspect to be accurate. Again, I'm under no illusions that the bf or other measurements are accurate, just consistent. Thanks for your input.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nashtide

I finally gained some weight! Put on 2.2lbs in the last two weeks and according to my scale, there was no change in my bf%. I have definitely upped my calories (mostly in the form of protein and good fats). Otherwise, I haven't changed anything else. As long as I continue to add good weight, I'm going to keep this up until I reach my goal.

Nashtide

Good job man! Have enjoyed reading this thread! Also, nice avatar. Cigar guy here too!
Lol. Thanks, I'm actually not really a cigar guy. There is a longstanding tradition between Alabama and Tennessee. The winners enjoy a post game cigar. We've been smoking a lot of cigars lately! Roll Tide

WhiteWolf

I finally gained some weight! Put on 2.2lbs in the last two weeks and according to my scale, there was no change in my bf%. I have definitely upped my calories (mostly in the form of protein and good fats). Otherwise, I haven't changed anything else. As long as I continue to add good weight, I'm going to keep this up until I reach my goal.
Congrats, bro! Thanks for this journal

Renman23

Well Done. Keep it up!

DragonBits

Good going, so along with the 2.2lb gain in muscle, have you seen an increase in strength? Do you know how an increase / decrease in water weight would affect this type of scale?

I don't want to pay for dexa, BUT, for $313 at dexa fit you can get the following.

Use for DEXA | Vo2 | RMR

1 monthly 3D scan

Share ONE of your tests

(Meaning you can get 4 DEXA scans, or one DEXA, Vos and RMR then another test. The 3D scan is just a laser scanning of your body measurements. )

I think it would be interesting to get it, but I just don't want to spend another chuck of cash just because I am curious. Maybe if I wasn't retired and still working I would pop for it.

Nashtide

Good going, so along with the 2.2lb gain in muscle, have you seen an increase in strength? Do you know how an increase / decrease in water weight would affect this type of scale?

I don't want to pay for dexa, BUT, for $313 at dexa fit you can get the following.

Use for DEXA | Vo2 | RMR

1 monthly 3D scan

Share ONE of your tests

(Meaning you can get 4 DEXA scans, or one DEXA, Vos and RMR then another test. The 3D scan is just a laser scanning of your body measurements. )

I think it would be interesting to get it, but I just don't want to spend another chuck of cash just because I am curious. Maybe if I wasn't retired and still working I would pop for it.
The scale measures water as a percentage and mine has stayed almost exactly the same each week.

DragonBits

The scale measures water as a percentage and mine has stayed almost exactly the same each week.

Ok, but have you noticed any gains in strength or felt a difference in size?

I ask because I don't have a BF scale, and I go if my muscle feels bigger, or I can lift a heavier weight. My upper arm has gotten noticeably bigger, it seems like bicep / tricep but especially the posterior deltoid. I haven't seen any big gain in curl strength, but I had been doing heavier weights with reverse flyes. I think I hadn't often worked my rear delts.

Nashtide

Ok, but have you noticed any gains in strength or felt a difference in size?

I ask because I don't have a BF scale, and I go if my muscle feels bigger, or I can lift a heavier weight. My upper arm has gotten noticeably bigger, it seems like bicep / tricep but especially the posterior deltoid. I haven't seen any big gain in curl strength, but I had been doing heavier weights with reverse flyes. I think I hadn't often worked my rear delts.
I don't really train for strength gains, so I generally stay in the 10-12 rep range and even occasionally use rep ranges as high as 20. I also can't say I'm seeing any appreciable size gains. My pecs are the exception, they are definitely bigger. I don't expect much in the way of large size gains as I have been lifting hard for three years.
What I'm really looking for is modest size gains but I am after that lean and hard look.

Last edited:

DragonBits

I don't really train for strength gains, so I generally stay in the 10-12 rep range and even occasionally use rep ranges as high as 20. I also can't say I'm seeing any appreciable size gains. My pecs are the exception, they are definitely bigger. I don't expect much in the way of large size gains as I have been lifting hard for three years.
What I'm really looking for is modest size gains but I am after that lean and hard look.

I would love the lean and hard look, from your pic you are already 80% there. Hope you make it all the way.

Nashtide

I would love the lean and hard look, from your pic you are already 80% there. Hope you make it all the way.
Thanks. That pic is almost a year old. I was at about 20% bf. I'm now around 14% and down about 5 lbs. If I can put on a few more pounds of good lean body mass between now and the beginning of May, then I'll switch to a cutting diet and try to get down to 12% to see if an old man can get his abs to show.

DragonBits

I am afraid that the only way anyone will see my abs is at an autopsy.

My pic is about 4 years old and I was 150lbs there, now I am 165, and at 5.4 I am not at all sure how much I would need to lose. The lightest I have ever weighed as an adult was 130 at about age 35 and then I was running 5 miles 5 days a week.

Nashtide

I am afraid that the only way anyone will see my abs is at an autopsy.

My pic is about 4 years old and I was 150lbs there, now I am 165, and at 5.4 I am not at all sure how much I would need to lose. The lightest I have ever weighed as an adult was 130 at about age 35 and then I was running 5 miles 5 days a week.
I'm not overly optimistic about the whole abs thing, but I need something to keep me interested. I'm also the first to admit that a lot of my success is TRT related.

Nashtide

For anyone still following this thread, this week I maintained my weight while reducing bf by 0.4% and adding 0.3% muscle. Overall this lean bulk is moving at a snails pace! I really felt like I over ate last week. College football Saturday's are an all day eating fest in my house and I drink a few more beers per week during football season. I'm caught between wanting to add some lbm but reluctant to get fat. Hopefully as the weather turns to fall and winter I'll be more willing to eat more.

Jiu Jitsu Dude

For anyone still following this thread, this week I maintained my weight while reducing bf by 0.4% and adding 0.3% muscle. Overall this lean bulk is moving at a snails pace! I really felt like I over ate last week. College football Saturday's are an all day eating fest in my house and I drink a few more beers per week during football season. I'm caught between wanting to add some lbm but reluctant to get fat. Hopefully as the weather turns to fall and winter I'll be more willing to eat more.
You have set your mind to it, you're gonna succeed. Stay the course.

DragonBits

I'm not overly optimistic about the whole abs thing, but I need something to keep me interested. I'm also the first to admit that a lot of my success is TRT related.

As people are wont to point out, TRT isn't a magic bullet, there are a lot of overweight lazy teenagers with tons of testosterone. It takes a lot of work to get lean and muscular.

Renman23

Nash, im a little bit confused.... Do you want to bulk or tone? It sounds like you want to bulk a bit... If thats the case are you lifting heavier or have you kept it steady?

Nashtide

Nash, im a little bit confused.... Do you want to bulk or tone? It sounds like you want to bulk a bit... If thats the case are you lifting heavier or have you kept it steady?
I want to bulk a little. My goal was to gain 10lbs of lbm. I want to do it with minimal fat gain. I really haven't modified my lifting routine, I just started eating more after a long period of calorie deficit.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me