My experiment with IP6 (Iron chelator)

Thread starter #1
My serum iron was a bit elevated during my last bloodwork and I dediced to try some IP6 (1000mg a day on VERY empty stomach with a full glass of water). After a little over 1 month my serum iron dropped by half. If I still had high HCT issues I would definitely try IP6. As an iron chelator in theory it could eliminate or reduce the need for blood donation. The brand I used was Jarrow.

Where did you get it if I may ask? You did not donate blood between those two measurements, right?
Are you asking where to buy IP-6?
Amazon carries it from a few suppliers.
Not cheap.
Apparently has a number of other positive impacts with almost NO sides.
The CLIF NOTES information site is:
www.ip-6.net.
There is a book that was published in 2011 that did a deep dive into the current research at that time.
Works at the cell level. Some of the discussion of the research papers get a bit deep in biology, but you get the point when you read through it all.
There may be a cheaper why to obtain....

I just looked it up on Amazon, looks like a really interesting supplement. Most of the reviews are from cancer patients, not all of them though.

HealthMan, what brand are you using.

Thread starter #9
I just looked it up on Amazon, looks like a really interesting supplement. Most of the reviews are from cancer patients, not all of them though.

HealthMan, what brand are you using.
I am using Jarrow Vince. It looks like a really good supplement to prevent cancer and it definitely helped with my iron. I read that it is very important to take on a very empty stomach. I take 1000mg once daily.
After my experiment and lab tests and keep wondering. Can this help lower HCT? I think so. Didn’t have mine tested but i will. I will post results here

Thread starter #11
Maybe i am missing something, but i do not see how lowering iron would lower HCT. In fact guys who donate frequently often crash thier iron
They crash their ferritin not iron. Testosterone replacement therapy supresses a hormone called hepcidin responsible for regulating iron absorption. So you are absorbing more iron and consequently producing more RBC and increasing your HCT. By reducing iron absorption and/or removing (chelating) from the blood HCT should be reduced. Thats the theory. This is why iron chelation therapy sometimes is used for people with hemochromatosis

Last edited:
This is interesting, and I'd like to try it.

I had high iron and iron saturation %, possibly bc copper was borderline low?

The interesting part is that the RCP or root cause protocol focuses on recycling iron in the body.