Men's Sexual Problems Linked to Low Prolactin Levels

Buy Lab Tests Online
M

MarkM

This is an article from 2013 that I found very interesting regarding the impact of low prolactin on men.

"The results showed low prolactin was linked to several signs of poor sexual health, as well psychological health. Men with levels of prolactin that were lower than average, although still within the normal range, were more likely than men with higher levels to say their sexual function was getting worse, particularly their enjoyment of orgasm. They also had more symptoms of depression, the researchers said."

Men's Sexual Problems Linked to Low Prolactin Levels

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Ive tested @ 4.x a few times over the years which is on the low side, we purposely raised it with a drug to 11 something and nothing was better for me.

M

MarkM

I was wondering if mine was on the high side even though I was in range. I've seen that Dr. Crisler recommends and optimal level of 2 - 3 ng/ml for prolactin and I have always floated between 8.5 - 11.5 ng/ml. LabCorp's range is 4.0 - 15.0 ng/ml. 20 years ago, prior to getting on TRT, my right nipple was sensitive and the right breast area was tender. My grandmother and mother both had breast cancer and although it is rare for a man to get breast cancer, it is possible. I had test and scans run, just to make sure, and there was nothing there. The doctor thought I might have just hit/bumped the area hard and bruised it. Those symptoms went away shortly and I have never experienced them again or any gyno type symptoms.

CoastWatcher

I was wondering if mine was on the high side even though I was in range. I've seen that Dr. Crisler recommends and optimal level of 2 - 3 ng/ml for prolactin and I have always floated between 8.5 - 11.5 ng/ml. LabCorp's range is 4.0 - 15.0 ng/ml. 20 years ago, prior to getting on TRT, my right nipple was sensitive and the right breast area was tender. My grandmother and mother both had breast cancer and although it is rare for a man to get breast cancer, it is possible. I had test and scans run, just to make sure, and there was nothing there. The doctor thought I might have just hit/bumped the area hard and bruised it. Those symptoms went away shortly and I have never experienced them again or any gyno type symptoms.

My doctor has expressed serious reservations about treating "elevated" prolactin until it begins climbing to the top of the reference range. She's told me that on a number of occasions men who, searching for enhanced sexual pleasure, suppressed prolactin levels via self-treatment and wound up impeding sexual function for some time. That's an anecdotal account, from one physician, but we do know that in this game too little of a hormone is frequently as problematic as too much of one.

Its on YT but a video with Dr C, et al.., he specifically names Shippen (and himself) to treat Prolactin @ 5, as memory serves. I tried some research Caber for a few weeks I don't know 25mg twice per week IIRC, and that didn't do anything for me either. Pharm caber could be different but in either way up or down Prolactin at the time wasn't a factor for me.

M

MarkM

I found Dr. Crisler's thoughts on prolactin in chapter 5 of his book, Testosterone Replacement Therapy, A Recipe for Success.. He treats levels of 5 ng/ml with a dopamine agonist. I don't have any sexual dysfunction so I will not be treating my levels, He says that testing should be done in the fasting state in the morning. He says that eating and sex and can elevate prolactin and unsure how high levels can go while eating and having sex at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya it's generally recommended those get's less talk but as in a PSA blood test it's generally best to avoid sex/orgasm for 24-48hrs before the blood draw for PSA and/or Prolactin.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me