Low SHBG and anxiety?

Buy Lab Tests Online

murrayh

I know there’s a handful of cases of which starting trt has increased anxiety. I have had bouts of anxiety while on trt and will admit I’m still trying get dialed in. I know estrogen levels play a role being high or low is reported for anxiety, thyroid levels as well. In Dr. Crislers book he reports “low SHBG is strongly associated with anxiety. More on that later.” Anyone have any ideas as to where he’s going with this? I know there’s been some suggestions of magnesium helping. Just wanted any experiences from guys that have had increased anxiety have you had any resolution to it where does your SHBG sit?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

To answer your question, the lower the SHBG, the higher the Free E2 and that's why anxiety is an issue for low SHBG men.

I have low SHBG (22) and have never suffered from anxiety, unless estrogen is high, but that's with just about everyone. Low SHBG men tend to have a ton of free hormones, Free T and Free E2 and it can be a challenge to control Free E2.

The best chance is smaller micro daily injections to better control Free E2. I was able to increase my SHBG from 16-22 by injecting more frequently while also changing to mostly whole food diet and lifting weights.

Pay attention to things that lower SHBG like insulin resistance and excess body fat which contributes to E2 related problems.

Moogie

I struggle with anxiety. Four years ago I was diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder while at the same time my weight went up and I probably was misdiagnosed - truly, I have low TT at 220 pre-TRT testings. I started TRT 9 weeks ago and fell apart when I used HCG with my treatment without AI.

My SHBG is 8 - Range 10-50nmol/L

I since have dropped HCG totally. Started .125 EOD AI. I feel much better but I am experimenting with a slightly high AI dose - just slightly higher.

Without using AI and if I still used HCG, I would have lost it. Please remember that low SHBG guys are extra sensitive to E2 because we cannot get rid of it fast enough - SHBG binds with Test and E2. With low SHBG, our kidneys pee out Test and we are stuck with E2 and free E.

I do hope Dr. Crisler is able to present more information about the anxiety issues. For sure he could draw from the thousands of patients he has treated and give worthwhile data.

I struggle with anxiety. Four years ago I was diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder while at the same time my weight went up and I probably was misdiagnosed - truly, I have low TT at 220 pre-TRT testings. I started TRT 9 weeks ago and fell apart when I used HCG with my treatment without AI.

My SHBG is 8 - Range 10-50nmol/L

I since have dropped HCG totally. Started .125 EOD AI. I feel much better but I am experimenting with a slightly high AI dose - just slightly higher.

Without using AI and if I still used HCG, I would have lost it. Please remember that low SHBG guys are extra sensitive to E2 because we cannot get rid of it fast enough - SHBG binds with Test and E2. With low SHBG, our kidneys pee out Test and we are stuck with E2 and free E.

I do hope Dr. Crisler is able to present more information about the anxiety issues. For sure he could draw from the thousands of patients he has treated and give worthwhile data.

Outstanding...well said

ERO

I have low SHBG ( usually comes in around 10) and I have axiety. However I don't arimatize much and any AI dose over .05 ( not a typo) twice weekly tanks my E2.

Nothing I gave tried over the last 5 years has helped and I have a great doc. (Defy Medical)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me